Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Anyone interested in a Cyber Security job?

the time to hire a head of cyber security was not several days after getting hit with a ransomware attack

"the whole city is in flames.  i think we should start a fire department."

"the whole town is flooded.  i think we should build a dam."

etc

12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

i dont get it

Colonial Pipeline is the company whose IT infrastructure was breached and bought down by a ransomware attack. Which then led to them shutting the pipeline down temporarily, which has led to a run on gas in the SE. 

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

Colonial Pipeline is the company whose IT infrastructure was breached and bought down by a ransomware attack. Which then led to them shutting the pipeline down temporarily, which has led to a run on gas in the SE. 

I wonder if privately owned companies should work better with the Feds on things like this. Look at the shutdown of that company in Texas that could not provide what people paid for during this winter's freeze. 

Not a big fan of Government in everything but a maybe a little relationship on things that directly affect our lives might be prudent.:shrug:

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

I will do it.

day 1: no e-mails any more

boom, I am the cyber security god

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Before retiring earlier this year, our company would test us with bogus emails to see if we would click on them or click on links within them. They had been doing this for I'm guessing 4 or 5 years. If you clicked on them, you had to do additional training. If you continue to screw up, it started becoming part of your performance reviews and ultimately could result in termination. I also disabled a lot of social media such as Facebook and Twitter, unless you had company business reason to use them. Thankfully, they did not disable the mwcboard or the barkboard. 

110926run_defense710.jpg