Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

I have sold the mwcboard

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Bring back the beanie NOW

Maybe.

*Edit*

One additional thing, which Mug forgot to include.

I'm giving ALL former board members who've been suspended or booted a pardon.  EVERYBODY gets a pass.

So, all of you who'd like former posters back, please advise them that they've been granted a pardon...  Everybody..

HOWEVER, the slightest demonstration of criminality, outside the rules activity, or attack upon this forum results in a perma ban from me also.  Sometimes folks are misunderstood or whatever, and I'm a leinient guy.  That said, ANY attack on this board, and all associated are history.  Furthermore, this board is special because the membership dictates the culture.  I'll ask membership to vote on certain things, from time to time. 

If you have questions/concerns hit me up.

I'm really just wanting to keep the lights on, so if there's some downtime, or whatever, please just advise that I kill myself, then, I'll blame Mug, or someone else...

:)

New-Signature.jpg

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

After several years of owning this place I have came to an agreement with one of the members to purchase the board.  The new owner is @Jeffkills.  I hope everybody gives him a chance as I think he will be good for the board.  He has told me he’s not planning on making any changes for now.

As for me I will continue to be a member of the board and will continue to post. I just decided it was time to move on with my life to other things.  I will retain admin access for awhile and then will be a moderator afterwards. It has been a lot of fun owning this board and I appreciate the  contributions so many of you made to this place over the years.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you!  It is because of you that this place is great  

Over the next few days Jeff will be moving the board to a new host so there may be some down time and I hope you’ll bear with us through the transition.

Thank you for all you have done in maintaining the MWC Community

@mugtangThank you for everything you've done. This is one of the best boards I've ever been a part of. You built a board that has been welcoming to new members and everyone on here is engaging that brings a unique perspective to every conversation. Hell, I haven't posted on the Bark Board in over a year because I'm here full time now. Again, thank you for everything you've done for building a great community. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

11 hours ago, mugtang said:

@thelawlorfaithfulgot his wish! Fire Mugtang!

Dreams never die, kid.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

@mugtang I hope you made a couple bucks at least to make up for the gray hairs and ulcers you earned from dealing with these lunatics. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

@Jeffkills

Have you overlords ever thought about original content? Something like a weekly @VandalPride97 column on Bouse State track and field or a bluerules podcast on... anything?

6 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Maybe.

*Edit*

I'm giving ALL former board members who've been suspended or booted a pardon.  EVERYBODY gets a pass.

So, all of you who'd like former posters back, please advise them that they've been granted a pardon...  Everybody..

HOWEVER, the slightest demonstration of criminality, outside the rules activity, or attack upon this forum results in a perma ban from me also.  Sometimes folks are misunderstood or whatever, and I'm a leinient guy.  That said, ANY attack on this board, and all associated are history.  Furthermore, this board is special because the membership dictates the culture.  I'll ask membership to vote on certain things, from time to time. 

I'm really just wanting to keep the lights on, so if there's some downtime, or whatever, please just advise that I kill myself, then, I'll blame Mug, or someone else...

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix

Hope that works out, but most of those were pretty much booted by the community more than any executive decision. You may be inviting more drama than you want there. I get leniency, and I think the idea that people can change is noble, but most (all?) of them have been given ample opportunities to change already and proven not up to the task. Not sure whether another chance will make an impact for them, but we will see.

7 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Maybe.

*Edit*

Bad idea....

Mug, you managed this board fairly and balanced that with allowing the culture to develop itself.  That is a talent and is what makes this board entertaining and a real community.  Kudos sir. Jeff, don't fu** it up.

24 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Hope that works out, but most of those were pretty much booted by the community more than any executive decision. You may be inviting more drama than you want there. I get leniency, and I think the idea that people can change is noble, but most (all?) of them have been given ample opportunities to change already and proven not up to the task. Not sure whether another chance will make an impact for them, but we will see.

That's the operative term.

I try to desist from posting if I've been drinking. However, it appears at least a couple of the banished must have have had a practice of not posting UNTIL they got tanked. But maybe since getting kicked out they've joined AA?