Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gator 82

OT: MLB to Vegas??

51 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It was my city for most of my life, and I know plenty of people who are not alright with it. But I’m not up in arms about it. Just discussing the economics of these things.

Oh sorry. Didn’t mean to talk at you. Just used your quote for context. 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

The NBA and the NHL will not be in the same building. I'm surprised that up until this post no one has mentioned the fact that Jackie Robinson's proposal was approved, was it not?

This thing is going to end up costing almost as much as Allegiant, with very little opportunity for other events. They should have stuck with the multi-purpose arena they were originally talking about.

Robinson's conceptual project has been approved & I believe his group had to put up a $12M bond to give it legs.

He's had this concept going for at least 5 to 10 years........if he can get the backing, the tenants & perhaps a team it could be a reality..........and obviously the NBA & NHL would have a rare situation of separate arena's in the same market 

PHX has two .......NYC has a few........Carolina has one arena in Charlotte (NBA) & Raleigh (NHL).........not sure how many other NHL & NBA teams have their own arena's in their markets .......MSG in NYC hosts Rangers & Knicks.

18 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

UNLV/Mark Davis need to team up to build a new 12,000 seat Basketball Arena behind the MGM Grand for the WNBA and UNLV Basketball.

Thomas & Mack was a 1980's design that is too large and cavernous for modern college basketball.  40 year old dinosaur.

UNLV/WNBA could do the same thing as T-Mobile but at half the size on the other side of the strip.  New UNLV Basketball Arena.

Two locations where it could be built, on land that UNLV owns or on vacant land on Harmon.

I'm sure Mark Davis just can't wait to build another venue for UNLV....especially one that his team won't even use. Why in the world would he want any part of that? 

19 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I'm sure Mark Davis just can't wait to build another venue for UNLV....especially one that his team won't even use. Why in the world would he want any part of that? 

Mark Davis bought the WNBA team the Las Vegas Aces.  They play at Mandalay Bay on the Strip in the Michelob Ultra Arena which is 12,000 seats.  It lacks big time luxury boxes.

Mark Davis has mentioned that he wants to build his own arena for the team.

Rumors are that they might play in Henderson in the new Hockey Arena being built for the Silver Knights Minor League Team.

I propose that UNLV and Mark Davis Build a new 12,000 seat Arena with expensive luxury boxes and modern amenities that a pro sports team needs.

UNLV Basketball would benefit from playing in a new Arena that we could easily sellout for every game and make an exciting Vegas atmosphere.  This Arena would be on the opposite side of the strip from T-Mobile Arena and would be a smaller venue but it could be built with the same atmosphere in mind and same amenities leading into the Arena down the Harmon or Tropicana corridor.

If Mark Davis and UNLV/Nevada/LVCVA split the costs that might be something Davis would be interested in, especially if UNLV already owns the expensive land.  For $500 million I am guessing UNLV/Mark Davis could build the best 12,000 seat basketball facility in the country, with practice courts.

Better than having a WNBA team in Green Valley playing in an ice arena.

The Henderson Arena should be used for Basketball by the Nevada State Scorpions when they join the Big West.

Once UNLV Basketball is moved out of the T&M, it can be demolished and the new On-Campus Football Facility can be built in its place.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

Mark Davis bought the WNBA team the Las Vegas Aces.  They play at Mandalay Bay on the Strip in the Michelob Ultra Arena which is 12,000 seats.  It lacks big time luxury boxes.

Rumors are that they might play in Henderson in the new Hockey Arena being built for the Silver Knights Minor League Team.

I propose that UNLV and Mark Davis Build a new 12,000 seat Arena with expensive luxury boxes and modern amenities that a pro sports team needs.

UNLV Basketball would benefit from playing in a new Arena that we could easily sellout for every game and make an exciting Vegas atmosphere.  This Arena would be on the opposite side of the strip from T-Mobile Arena and would be a smaller venue but it could be built with the same atmosphere in mind and same amenities leading into the Arena down the Harmon or Tropicana corridor.

If Mark Davis and UNLV/Nevada/LVCVA split the costs that might be something Davis would be interested in, especially if UNLV already owns the expensive land.  For $500 million I am guessing UNLV/Mark Davis could build the best 12,000 seat basketball facility in the country, with practice courts.

The Henderson Arena should be used for Basketball by the Nevada State Scorpions when they join the Big West.

Once UNLV Basketball is moved out of the T&M, it can be demolished and the new On-Campus Football Facility can be built in its place.

If for nothing else, RR always will find a way for an on-campus football stadium.  Keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

I love how you keep acting like UNLV is a legit partner in all these deals.  UNLV didn’t pay a dime to build Raiders stadium. I’m sure Mark Davis would be thrilled to partner up with UNLV again. He pays for everything and UNLV gets to use the facilities under some welfare/subsidy package.

I guess you guys think carrying around welfare checks in your purse is real money.

25 minutes ago, utenation said:

I love how you keep acting like UNLV is a legit partner in all these deals.  UNLV didn’t pay a dime to build Raiders stadium. I’m sure Mark Davis would be thrilled to partner up with UNLV again. He pays for everything and UNLV gets to use the facilities under some welfare/subsidy package.

I guess you guys think carrying around welfare checks in your purse is real money.

Mark Davis didn't pay for crap.  Visitors to LV paid.  Convention Authority paid.  Any money Davis put in will be recouped in a short time.  Allegiant Stadium is going to be the highest price ticket in the NFL for the next few years at least with sellouts.  Don't feel bad for Davis.

3 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Mark Davis didn't pay for crap.  Visitors to LV paid.  Convention Authority paid.  Any money Davis put in will be recouped in a short time.  Allegiant Stadium is going to be the highest price ticket in the NFL for the next few years at least with sellouts.  Don't feel bad for Davis.

Didn’t the Raiders get a a $650 million dollar loan for their portion of construction? Remind me, how much UNLV put in again tough guy?

10 minutes ago, utenation said:

Didn’t the Raiders get a a $650 million dollar loan for their portion of construction? Remind me, how much UNLV put in again tough guy?

The financing for the project came in the form of $750 million in public funding and $1.1 billion from the Raiders.[76] The public portion of the funding came from municipal bonds issued by Clark County, backed by the proceeds of a special tax on hotel rooms in the Las Vegas area, which took effect in March 2017.[77] The Raiders' contribution included a $650 million loan from Bank of America, $200 million from the NFL's stadium loan program, and $300 million from sales of personal seat licenses at the stadium, naming rights for the stadium, and sponsorships.[78] 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

The financing for the project came in the form of $750 million in public funding and $1.1 billion from the Raiders.[76] The public portion of the funding came from municipal bonds issued by Clark County, backed by the proceeds of a special tax on hotel rooms in the Las Vegas area, which took effect in March 2017.[77] The Raiders' contribution included a $650 million loan from Bank of America, $200 million from the NFL's stadium loan program, and $300 million from sales of personal seat licenses at the stadium, naming rights for the stadium, and sponsorships.[78] 

Hmm. For some reason I missed what UNLV  brought to the party?

44 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

UNLV is the public.

Utard - Like a Retard but dumber.

rebelrobert.png.9c21980eea565a295be30b2722ca7216.png

Lol. A hotel tax applies to tourists moron.  You guys don’t have any money to contribute. You have no fans. Empty arenas and stadiums. No revenue. Just your hand out for anything free. 

8 minutes ago, utenation said:

Lol. A hotel tax applies to tourists moron.  You guys don’t have any money to contribute. You have no fans. Empty arenas and stadiums. No revenue. Just your hand out for anything free. 

UNLV is a public institution whether you like that or not and the tourists tax dollars are paid by tourists, collected and used to pay for UNLV’s public portion payment on the stadium.

You can deny it all you want but you don’t know what you are talking about.  UNLV was included in the original deal and the taxes go to pay for the stadium so that UNLV has a first class place to play Football.  The end.  It is not debatable.

42 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

UNLV is a public institution whether you like that or not and the tourists tax dollars are paid by tourists, collected and used to pay for UNLV’s public portion payment on the stadium.

You can deny it all you want but you don’t know what you are talking about.  UNLV was included in the original deal and the taxes go to pay for the stadium so that UNLV has a first class place to play Football.  The end.  It is not debatable.

Yes. Vegas fans are this dumb. 

45 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Lol. Thanks again for proving my point that UNLV is nothing more than a welfare subsidy with no money. Hand outs.. free anything. Tax dollars from others: no revenue. 

II’m sure every major business in Vegas is dying to “partner” up with UNLV.  Hey, you guys buy everything for the party. We’ll show up in a 30 year old UNLV dirty t shirt with holes and handle  marketing. Nobody knows we have an athletic department but we have an old banner. 

9 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Build it. Leon Rice needs a new place to dance. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 hours ago, Slapdad said:

9 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

The Mark Davis owned LV Aces WNBA team will be moving into new arena in Henderson that will host the AHL Henderson Silver Knights - So the Aces have their home and it's looking like the new VGK owned Indoor Football League will also play in that arena 

14 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

The Mark Davis owned LV Aces WNBA team will be moving into new arena in Henderson that will host the AHL Henderson Silver Knights - So the Aces have their home and it's looking like the new VGK owned Indoor Football League will also play in that arena 

I don’t think that was announced as official yet and while Foley (knights owner) and Henderson mayor sounded excited and optimistic about the idea, Davis didn’t seem to think the 6,000 seat venue was a great idea for a long term move (maybe short term).  Seems silly to me for the WNBA to play in Green Valley and I think they will suffer if they make that move.

Davis should work to remain on the strip and the best way to make that happen may be to cut a deal with UNLV at some point. Davis would have to build his own locker rooms in Green Valley at the new arena.  Will be interested to see if he agrees to a long term or short term deal there.  Will be a program killer in my opinion.

The indoor football is a terrible idea but I guess they are trying to keep that new arena full.

12 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I don’t think that was announced as official yet and while Foley (knights owner) and Henderson mayor sounded excited and optimistic about the idea, Davis didn’t seem to think the 6,000 seat venue was a great idea for a long term move (maybe short term).  Seems silly to me for the WNBA to play in Green Valley and I think they will suffer if they make that move.

Davis should work to remain on the strip and the best way to make that happen may be to cut a deal with UNLV at some point. Davis would have to build his own locker rooms in Green Valley at the new arena.  Will be interested to see if he agrees to a long term or short term deal there.  Will be a program killer in my opinion.

The indoor football is a terrible idea but I guess they are trying to keep that new arena full.

I tend to agree that the WNBA team in a tiny arena located out in the burbs, but it works for the AAA Aviators out in Summerlin - WNBA might be better suited to one of the Strip arenas 

I was surprised VGK owner Foley bought the IFL franchise 

On 5/18/2021 at 10:39 AM, NevadaFan said:

Baseball stadiums revitalize entire districts of major cities if built correctly. Look at what the Rockies did to LoDo. Look at Oracle in China Basin. Vegas wouldn’t do much for baseball, but baseball could make an entire section of that city more attractive overnight. This isn’t the NFL where you bury the stadium across the freeway and in an industrial area. 

This is why I think Mayor Goodman is going to throw everything at the As to get to build the stadium in the downtown Las Vegas area. For the Las Vegas locals how's the Stewart Ave & Las Vegas Blvd location that's across from Zappos? It looks like a good location with the freeway right there.