Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gator 82

OT: MLB to Vegas??

17 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They can't. The Giants own the territorial rights to the South Bay.

Vegas is bordering on oversaturated. Plus it's a tiny media market, relatively speaking.

Based on population alone, I'd agree that LV is a reach for MLB.............but based on tourism that wipes out the "small market saturation" thing..........Baseball playing series of 2 to 4 games is perfect for those who want to come to Vegas for a series & stay a few days - THe VGK games are filled with people from outside the market or those living here who moved from other markets 

This is a reason that if UNLV went P5, there'd be lots of fans of the opposing team because they hold their old home state allegiances and don't care about UNLV, especially as a G5 MWC program 

And tourists are the reason BYU & Arizona will play a game in LV..........people will come is the reason, just like the 5 CBB Conferences that hold their tournaments in Vegas 

14 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

As a Raider fan that HATED sharing the coliseum with the A’s this was my face reading your post:

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Thankfully the Raiders stadium can't configure to baseball !!! So that isn't an issue ! 

Guest #1Stunner

The more you look at this, they really need to stay in Oakland...

Why doesn't some ultra rich guy from Apple or Google buy the A's, and build a nice stadium?

Your opinions regarding the ability of Vegas to support or pay for anything like this are dumb and come from your butt-hole.

You said that about NHL and NFL.

You have no clue.  Sit down, you internet hack.

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

344799579_1200px-Oakland_As_logo.svg(1).png.5604b3342b1fb23707675c9810da4b84.png

The A's in Las Vegas would draw even more attention away from UNLV.  

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The A's in Las Vegas would draw even more attention away from UNLV.  

UNLV ranked in the Top 25 has no issues.  Thanks for caring.

Win, get ranked and the people will pay money to show up and watch the Rebels, not who the Rebels are playing.

More than enough people to fill the arena and stadium every game.  But only for a winner.  Same holds true for all the other teams in Vegas.

Win or else.

35 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

As a Raider fan that HATED sharing the coliseum with the A’s this was my face reading your post:

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Having that dirt down near one end zone just screamed amateur hour. And then they were the last nfl team still doing it for like 20 years. 

I can see the Bali Hai golf course being in play also last time around Carol Goodman tried getting the Raiders to build their stadium at the Cashman Field to revitalize downtown LV and knowing her she'll bend backwards to get it done including supporting a TIF district for the park.

11 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Yeah sure why not? Vegas is one of the last cities in America willing to pony up massive subsidies for professional sports. 

Only city in America with the capability to get an NFL team/$2 billion stadium at zero expense to the resident taxpayers. 

Raise hotel room taxes another buck, get MLB? Sure!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Only city in America with the capability to get an NFL team/$2 billion stadium at zero expense to the resident taxpayers. 

Raise hotel room taxes another buck, get MLB? Sure!

They must think it's good business to use hotel taxes to subsidize billionaires rather than using them for public spending. Good for them.

It might actually work since Vegas uses any angle it can to get visitors into the city.

1 minute ago, TGIFaanes said:

I can see the Bali Hai golf course being in play also last time around Carol Goodman tried getting the Raiders to build their stadium at the Cashman Field to revitalize downtown LV and knowing her she'll bend backwards to get it done including supporting a TIF district for the park.

Lots of spots that could come into play.

spot.1.png.4baffda5a3579e52d8492b44ef961760.png

spot.2.png.f502ca364afbbb169a9f98d9ae3c294d.png

spot.3.png.39373f817e621cc05c73e960e156ade2.png

spot.4.png.c2003dccb38eeab52422c3ad59105eb6.png

spot.5.png.61609b5ba7b70abdbb2472dfa50b33ba.png

spot.6.png.a7626f039e6722579571908eade36bc3.png

spot.7.png.8929b42adfdf7ee85f1b22b66261da4b.png

I remember when there was talk of a new ballpark being built in downtown San Jose for the A's. The Giants complained to MLB claiming San Jose as their territory since they have a minor league team there. The A's and Giants went back and forth about it before MLB sided with the Giants. A new ballpark over by the Shark Tank would have been sweet. I hope they can find a way to get a new ballpark built in Oakland, but I wouldn't bet on it. The Warriors moved, the Raiders moved and the A's probably will too.