Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gator 82

OT: MLB to Vegas??

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

God damn it. Honestly, if they move, that'll be 2 of my franchises who have done so in recent memory, and I'll probably cease watching professional sports entirely.

I can relate.  I grew up an avid Minnesota North Stars fan.  With lots of family in MN I got to go to 3-4 games per season from about age 8 to 19.  Then in 1993 that cork suckin bastard Norm Green moved the team to Dallas to become the Stars.  I was without an NHL team so I adopted the next geographically closest team and the team that my fav cousin pulled for which was the Winnipeg Jets.  Then in 1996, a short 3 seasons later the Jets moved to Phoenix to become the Coyotes.

I'm now a Minnesota Wild fan but the passion is just not the same as it was for the North Stars and I don't have the association of living in that part of the country anymore.  Now that I live in WA I'm jazzed as hell about Seattle getting an NHL team but there is just something about your childhood teams that cannot be replaced.  I could never not watch NHL hockey as it is hands down my favorite professional sport.  That said there will always be something missing about the NHL that I'll never get back.

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Portland?  You crazy phuckers would just tear down the stadium. :pitchforks:

It's a perfect fit! 

organic-tshirt-antifa-baseball-club-D010

Just now, Rosegreen said:

It’ll be Vegas or Portland. I don’t see MLB wanting to mess with the divisional alignment. 

If I had a vote in the matter, I'd take Vegas over Portland.

Although, I'd rather see Oakland get a new stadium.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

It’ll be Vegas or Portland. I don’t see MLB wanting to mess with the divisional alignment. 

Please be Portland!  This would bring my Twins to another Pacific Northwest market where I can easily drive to the games.

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I would not be a fan of the Oakland Athletics moving to Las Vegas.  I especially don’t want the nickname and logo.

They could change it to the Vegas D+’s for you ph. 

Can you imagine the hate Oaklanders (?) would have for Vegas for taking two out their three teams? It would be glorious!

15 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The problem is the City is run by a bunch of dumb+++++s who are more interested in defunding the police than they are in ensuring the city's assets don't fly the coop.

Portland too.

They should go to vegas.

Barack Obama

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The problem is the City is run by a bunch of dumb+++++s who are more interested in defunding the police than they are in ensuring the city's assets don't fly the coop.

It amazing how two bridges separate a city like this from SF. Like two different worlds a few miles apart 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I agree about Portland. I don't think Vegas can support another pro franchise. If they leave, they should move to Sacramento.

This is probably the right answer though.

Sacramento would be a great choice. 

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I agree about Portland. I don't think Vegas can support another pro franchise. If they leave, they should move to Sacramento.

I prefer they stay out west but Charlotte. NC seems like good landing spot.