Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WYO1016

Colt Brennan Has Passed

2 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

Dude, you’re a complete a$$hole! No I take it back, you’re the whole a$$!!

He’s just repeating the same points he’s made on this forum as he did in 2006-2008. The WAC vs MWC fights on here were something else. It makes the UNLV threads look like child’s play. 

15 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

He’s just repeating the same points he’s made on this forum as he did in 2006-2008. The WAC vs MWC fights on here were something else. It makes the UNLV threads look like child’s play. 

Colt Brennan is an absolutlegend!

2 hours ago, utenation said:

Mmm. I wonder why some folks are posting his numbers then? I have nothing against Colt and he was a good QB. Hawaii just had no business being in the Sugar Bowl that year. 

to praise the dead?  to extol his accomplishments?  and perhaps not to engage in a debate as to whether or not his success was earned or numbers authentic?

not every argument needs to be had.  read the room.

3 hours ago, utenation said:

That schedule was super soft, so those bloated numbers look good. Hawaii was embarrassed in the Sugar Bowl and exposed. 

I get it but not really the thread for this. Don't ya think? 

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

1 hour ago, ashnel said:

I believe that Brent Brennan, the San Jose State head football coach is related to Colt Brennan.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe they might be cousins but there is some family relationship between them.   My thoughts go out to Colt's family, friends, and the Hawaii faithful.

That makes sense. My understanding is that Colt almost came to SJSU, and if BB was an assistant there then maybe he was part of the recruitment. As much as I would have liked to see him throwing TDs to James Jones in '06, Hawaii was obviously a better fit. That guy was perfect for JJ's system like Kap was perfect for Ault's system. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, ashnel said:

I believe that Brent Brennan, the San Jose State head football coach is related to Colt Brennan.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe they might be cousins but there is some family relationship between them.   My thoughts go out to Colt's family, friends, and the Hawaii faithful.

Yes, Colt is Brent Brennan’s first cousin.  SJSU was in the hunt for him before he chose Hawaii.

Feel bad for CBB. Condolences to the Brennan family and all the Hawaii faithful.  Colt was freakin awesome back in the old WAC days and a UH legend. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

4 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Man, I will never forget going to the OT rain game in 07 against Hawaii where he lead them to a comeback win after we were up by 14 in the fourth quarter; he was just so damn good. RIP. 

Brutal loss for the Spartans.  Colt was great in that game.  He broke our hearts. 

The SJSU/Hawaii rivalry is a good one.  Now called the Dick Tomey rivalry game in honor of coach Tomey. Brennan’s play and Jones’ mouth sure were a kick in the nuts for SJSU that day. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

1 minute ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Brutal loss for the Spartans.  Colt was great in that game.  He broke my heart.  Lol.
The SJSU/Hawaii rivalry is a good one. 

Man me and my friend were so hyped once we went up two scores, we really though it was going to happen. Almost made me not notice my girlfriend glaring at me the whole fourth quarter and OT with that, “can we fvcking leave already?” Look on her face. Almost. 

One of the best quarterbacks and offenses I have ever watched Boise St. play against. Here's to a true gamer who brought it every night. Rest in peace Colt.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

48 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Brutal loss for the Spartans.  Colt was great in that game.  He broke our hearts. 

The SJSU/Hawaii rivalry is a good one.  Now called the Dick Tomey rivalry game in honor of coach Tomey. Brennan’s play and Jones’ mouth sure were a kick in the nuts for SJSU that day. 

I heard somewhere that jones was doing that for tomey, as they were  friends. Basically, that turf was notoriously shitty and sloppy in the rain and tomey was complaining about it behind the scenes and jones did what tomey couldn't do to help pressure the school for upgrades. 

That is just what I heard at the time. Could be wrong.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

I heard somewhere that jones was doing that for tomey, as they were  friends. Basically, that field was notoriously shitty and sloppy in the rain and tomey was complaining about it behind the scenes and jones did what tomey couldn't do.

That is just what I heard at the time. Could be wrong.

That’s interesting. We all thought it was just Jones being an arse.  We may owe the guy an apology. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The 2006 team had Nate Iloa, one of my all time favorite WAC players, and more pieces on defense.  

Was he the dude who was a +++++ing bowling ball on the field?

Did colt have any kids?

Damn that's sad to hear. He was a beast at QB and threw absolute dimes. When the Bulldogs played them in Aloha stadium in 2007, it was an outright slugfest. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

18 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Was he the dude who was a +++++ing bowling ball on the field?

At 5'9, 245 that is an apt description.  He was the most valuable player on the Hawaii team after Colt and the biggest reason why 2007 Hawaii was not as good as 2006 (losing their elite pass Rusher and a few other key pieces on D, too).  

Look at this big boi move.  Softest hands ever, too.

The best to ever don the Tapa H with black trim. He was the ring leader of UH and had the state rocking during his time. Something we haven't felt since  

Related image

12 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Did colt have any kids?

I dont think so but I believe he and Brent is 1st cousins or something like that  

Related image

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

2006 Hawaii was better than 2007.  Best team Boise played  that year, including OU.

RIP to one of the best to ever spin it in WAC history.  Or college in general, really.

I believe it came down to a 4th & 1 and Johnson got the 1st to seal the deal 

Related image

4 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

I believe it came down to a 4th & 1 and Johnson got the 1st to seal the deal 

And, without the special teams exploits of one Orlando Scandrick and going +2 in turnovers, we lose that game.

That was a heavy weight brawl, tell you what.  Hawaii had early season road struggles that year but once they started clicking...shiiiiiiit.  Damn fine, damn fine team.  Boise came away lucky.

Colt, a warrior in every sense of the word.