Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WYO1016

Colt Brennan Has Passed

Colt Brennan was, by far, the best QB that June Jones coached in his tenure at University of Hawaii, and most likely the best QB in the history of University of Hawaii football.  I graduated in the spring of 2006, but was able to see him when Hawaii came to the blue the following season.  Chris Petersen commented on the run-and-shoot that "you cannot stop it, you can only hope to contain it."  Hawaii botched 3 snaps on FG/PAT attempts that night, but you knew that even with all that occurring, Brennan was not going to let that get to him.  His team still kept fighting and gave all that the Broncos could handle.  RIP

4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Yes, 2006 was the year I was talking about when you aid the schedule was soft. I said, people always talk about 2007 but here are some numbers to show how great the 2006 team was. 

Agree 100%. G5 teams had to be spotless to get in.  Hawaii 2007 was still a good team. I just don't think they were Sugar Bowl good.

9 minutes ago, utenation said:

You can Fvck off pal.  I guess it's only proper if you post positive numbers.  To say that Hawaii team was overrated isn't trolling.

Again, fvck off. 

That team would've stomped you guys.

WTF you talking about?

New-Signature.jpg

38 minutes ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

I was at that game and my best friend bet this trash talking Indian guy in the stands, think he was a SJSU student or grad, when the Spartans were up.  We bet that Hawaii would come back.  When we called him to collect, the guy didn’t pick up, so we called him many, many times.  We never got ahold of him.

My whole family was at that game, but I watched it from a bar in upstate NY because I had just moved there a few months earlier. It was a rough time, and I was pretty homesick. IIRC, SJSU and Hawaii were both undefeated in conference when that game happened so it was a pretty big conference showdown.  I knew that Hawaii would make a run, and as soon as SJSU coughed up the ball when they were basically about to seal the game that it was over. Colt was gonna beat us.

The thing that was most tragic as a Spartans fan was how that game basically wasted one of the greatest all-time efforts by a Spartan in Dwight Lowery. in a couple minutes from scrimmage, dude single-handedly turned what was going to be a blowout into a tie game. Punt return for TD and then a pick six. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

52 minutes ago, utenation said:

That's great for 2006 but I was talking about 2007.  You know teams like Louisiana Tech, Northern Colorado, and powerhouse Charleston Southern. 

Hawaii had initially scheduled a game at Michigan to start the 2007 season, but Michigan backed out, so Northern Colorado was a replacement for the scheduling gaffe.  You can't fault Hawaii for how they scheduled when the other side doesn't want to hold their end of the deal. 

Of course, Michigan replaced Hawaii with.....Appalachian State, who defeated Michigan 34-32 in one of the most dramatic games in the history of college football.

1 minute ago, Jeffkills said:

That team would've stomped you guys.

WTF you talking about?

Utah was very average in both 2006 and 2007.  Beating Utah wasn't an accomplishment those years.  I'm not sure I understand your point.  I'm not saying Utah was better than Hawaii. 

I think most of the country thinks Hawaii was badly exposed that year. I really don't think there is a valid argument against that. 

7 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Yes, 2006 was the year I was talking about when you aid the schedule was soft. I said, people always talk about 2007 but here are some numbers to show how great the 2006 team was. 

Bess, Rivers, Grice-Mullen, Sample at WR, Illoa at RB (1800+ yards from scrimmage, 18 TD's).  Solid pieces on D, too in Purcell, Leonard, that other LB whose name I can't spell but the offense was stacked.  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bess, Rivers, Grice-Mullen, Sample at WR, Illoa at RB (1800+ yards from scrimmage, 18 TD's).  Solid pieces on D, too in Purcell, Leonard, that other LB whose name I can't spell but the offense was stacked.  

Yea that team was nuts. I was looking forward to what I thought was going to be a rebound game and a good, competitive game after we lost the close one to Boise that year. SJSU was good that year, and we almost always play tough games against Hawaii even when we're bad. But we just got waxed on the Island. Colt threw for like 400 yards and 5 TDs. Their D shut us down. It was one of the few duds between the 2 teams.

For all the hatred against Fresno, the SJSU/Hawaii series is secretly one of the best in the conference. There have been some really nutty games between us. Those Colt teams were fun. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 minutes ago, justsurvive said:

Hawaii had initially scheduled a game at Michigan to start the 2007 season, but Michigan backed out, so Northern Colorado was a replacement for the scheduling gaffe.  You can't fault Hawaii for how they scheduled when the other side doesn't want to hold their end of the deal. 

Of course, Michigan replaced Hawaii with.....Appalachian State, who defeated Michigan 34-32 in one of the most dramatic games in the history of college football.

I always cheered for G5's to take down giants in big games.  BSU did it the year before, Utah the year after. Then TCU etc..

It was just a bad look that year..

4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Yea that team was nuts. I was looking forward to what I thought was going to be a rebound game and a good, competitive game after we lost the close one to Boise that year. SJSU was good that year, and we almost always play tough games against Hawaii even when we're bad. But we just got waxed on the Island. Colt threw for like 400 yards and 5 TDs. Their D shut us down. It was one of the few duds between the 2 teams.

For all the hatred against Fresno, the SJSU/Hawaii series is secretly one of the best in the conference. There have been some really nutty games between us. Those Colt teams were fun. 

SJSU was tough that year.  Dwight Lowrey was a 1st team AA IIRC.  You had that big ole tackle, Gilbert, right?  Two good WR's.  

I believe that Brent Brennan, the San Jose State head football coach is related to Colt Brennan.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe they might be cousins but there is some family relationship between them.   My thoughts go out to Colt's family, friends, and the Hawaii faithful.

25 minutes ago, utenation said:

Utah was very average in both 2006 and 2007.  Beating Utah wasn't an accomplishment those years.  I'm not sure I understand your point.  I'm not saying Utah was better than Hawaii. 

I think most of the country thinks Hawaii was badly exposed that year. I really don't think there is a valid argument against that. 

Bro, it's an RIP thread.

Maintain.

New-Signature.jpg

11 minutes ago, ashnel said:

I believe that Brent Brennan, the San Jose State head football coach is related to Colt Brennan.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe they might be cousins but there is some family relationship between them.   My thoughts go out to Colt's family, friends, and the Hawaii faithful.

Colt and Brent Brennan are first cousins.  

34 minutes ago, utenation said:

No one gives a shit bro

Man, I will never forget going to the OT rain game in 07 against Hawaii where he lead them to a comeback win after we were up by 14 in the fourth quarter; he was just so damn good. RIP.