Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WYO1016

Colt Brennan Has Passed

Details of his death are still unknown. Only 37 years old. Absolute legend at Hawaii and in college football, but he had a lot of demons.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/05/11/sources-hawaii-football-legend-colt-brennan-dead/

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Jesus, that's awful. That dude was a monster in 2006 and 2007. 

I still haven't gotten over this game.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

People rightfully remember his 2007 season, as they went undefeated in the regular season. But dude was responsible for 63 TDs in 2006... 58 of them passing TDs. 

That's Tecmo Bowl shit right there. 

Guys like that are why I love college football. RIP 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

People rightfully remember his 2007 season, as they went undefeated in the regular season. But dude was responsible for 63 TDs in 2006... 58 of them passing TDs. 

That schedule was super soft, so those bloated numbers look good. Hawaii was embarrassed in the Sugar Bowl and exposed. 

2 minutes ago, utenation said:

That schedule was super soft, so those bloated numbers look good. Hawaii was embarrassed in the Sugar Bowl and exposed. 

Hawaii put up 42 on an 8 win Purdue team, 32 on a 10 win Oregon State team and 41 on a 7 win Arizona State team. They also put up 34 on Boise State who won the Fiesta Bowl that year, and 41 and 54 respectively on Nevada and SJSU who were also bowl teams with p5 wins that year. They were running up basketball scores against the dregs of the conference. That offense was great, no matter how you shake it. And Colt was the engine of it. 

The 2006 team was better than the 2007 team. They just had a tougher schedule. 

Wow, that's a huge loss. He was one of the best college quarterbacks I ever saw. I made sure to watch as many Hawai'i games as possible when he was there. Simply must see TV. He served the Run-and-Shoot offense well and made it popular, as it should be. RIP.

Wow, that's a huge loss. He was one of the best college quarterbacks I ever saw. I made sure to watch as many Hawai'i games as possible when he was there. Simply must see TV. He served the Run-and-Shoot offense well and made it popular, as it should be. RIP.

9 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Hawaii put up 42 on an 8 win Purdue team, 32 on a 10 win Oregon State team and 41 on a 7 win Arizona State team. They also put up 34 on Boise State who won the Fiesta Bowl that year, and 41 and 54 respectively on Nevada and SJSU who were also bowl teams with p5 wins that year. They were running up basketball scores against the dregs of the conference. That offense was great, no matter how you shake it. And Colt was the engine of it. 

The 2006 team was better than the 2007 team. They just had a tougher schedule. 

Several quotable quotes which have been falsely attributed to Mark Twain apply here:

1. "Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able To Tell the Difference"

2. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"

Tragic. It was fun to watch him play.

34 minutes ago, utenation said:

Dude, you’re a complete a$$hole! No I take it back, you’re the whole a$$!!

40 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

2006 Hawaii was better than 2007.  Best team Boise played  that year, including OU.

RIP to one of the best to ever spin it in WAC history.  Or college in general, really.