tailingpermit

NC Gas Shortage

Amazing that some Russian kids with an internet connection can hold an American pipeline (that serves 45% of Eastern Seaboards' oil) hostage with some Ransomware.  Imagine what the Russian and Chinese intelligence services could do.

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Amazing that some Russian kids with an internet connection can hold an American pipeline (that serves 45% of Eastern Seaboards' oil) hostage with some Ransomware.  Imagine what the Russian and Chinese intelligence services could do.

No kidding. It’s almost funny if it wasn’t serious. We need to shut down Russia’s electrical grid in retaliation. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

This is the Russian Intelligence Service. I guarantee it.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, sean327 said:

This is the Russian Intelligence Service. I guarantee it.

That's the prevailing opinion among cybersec experts. They're not going to come out and say it publicly, but those are the conversations I've been having around the industry. 

It doesn't look as they they breached the actual OT systems, but more and more energy companies are getting lazy with allowing bidirectional access to them for ease of use. Which is a massive security problem for obvious reasons. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, retrofade said:

That's the prevailing opinion among cybersec experts. They're not going to come out and say it publicly, but those are the conversations I've been having around the industry. 

It doesn't look as they they breached the actual OT systems, but more and more energy companies are getting lazy with allowing bidirectional access to them for ease of use. Which is a massive security problem for obvious reasons. 

too many remote workers and engineers.

6 minutes ago, CV147 said:

F*ck that guy.

The best thing possible would be if someone went and stole his gas, dumped it on him, and lit him on fire.

People that gouge like that are total scum.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

The best thing possible would be if someone went and stole his gas, dumped it on him, and lit him on fire.

People that gouge like that are total scum.

There’s people doing the same shit around here. I’ve been in a hole the last week or so, didn’t realize it was happening here until yesterday. Haven’t been out much though, either. 

• Like 1

Gas crisis, border crisis, inflation crisis, unemployment crisis, housing crisis, crisis with our closest Middle Eastern ally. Wow! The Biden presidency has been an abject disaster. I'd say he's shitty like Jimmy Carter, but that would be an insult to Carter

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

Gas crisis, border crisis, inflation crisis, unemployment crisis, housing crisis, crisis with our closest Middle Eastern ally. Wow! The Biden presidency has been an abject disaster. I'd say he's shitty like Jimmy Carter, but that would be an insult to Carter

Those aren’t crisis they’re challenges per the Bidet administration. 

32 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Those aren’t crisis they’re challenges per the Bidet administration. 

Red wave in 2022?? yeah

This is what a gas station kinda near my house looked yesterday when I drove by.

JA1VTC7.jpg

That line went around the corner and extended back probably 1/4 mile. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

This is what a gas station kinda near my house looked yesterday when I drove by.

JA1VTC7.jpg

North Carolinians have an overreaction problem.  Still remember Snowmageddon 2014 (never forget, we will thaw)

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

JA1VTC7.jpg

That’s nuts.