Joe from WY

The GOP takes a spin with cannabalistic cancel culture.

20 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And Blues was a lot of things, but stupid was not one.

stupid? on the contrary blues knew freaking EVERYTHING!

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

stupid? on the contrary blues knew freaking EVERYTHING!

This place just hasn’t been the same without Blues. :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For those who don’t know the story, when @Joe from WYwas just a small toddler, @bluerules009took him way out into the remote high Nevada desert and left him there alone to survive and find his way back to civilization with nothing more than a chukar bone and a diaper. Thank you Blues for grooming the man we now know as Joe.

• Haha 7
  • Cheers 1
26 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

For those who don’t know the story, when @Joe from WYwas just a small toddler, @bluerules009took him way out into the remote high Nevada desert and left him there alone to survive and find his way back to civilization with nothing more than a chukar bone and a diaper. Thank you Blues for grooming the man we now know as Joe.

Real story.  Blues also considered Tupac the best artist of the 90's.  I always thought that was cool.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
1 hour ago, Akkula said:

Your "bothsider" philosophy of the "woke" cult doesn't seem to explain how we chose Biden....the most boring and non-woke person to be the presidential candidate.  

Secondly, I have been on this board for a LONG time and it has always been pretty right wing.  It has turned away from the conjobs recently but I think that is because most of us have attended college and we should know the difference between facts and bullshit.  Most of the the right wingers just don't post here any longer like they did in the Obama days.  There is only so much lying to yourself and reality distorting that you can do to an audience of college graduates who should know how to research and argument and their sources.  Only diehards like Bob and Convert and previously Blues have the stones and the stupidity to keep banging their heads into a brick wall....

Also, please list the single issue gun voters here.  If I am a single issue voter on anything it is public lands, which is why I voted strait D, aside from the top of the ticket.

Blues exodus is a loss, but let's not get too mushy. that guy was a +++++ing prick who could make reasonable discourse in this place impossible. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
6 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I'm not seeing that at all.  By '24 he'll be about as relevant as Palin was in '20.

How then do you explain what’s happening to Cheney?

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Real story.  Blues also considered Tupac the best artist of the 90's.  I always thought that was cool.

Blues showed up on Hicks short-lived and sold forum.  He was a character.  Got a lot of stuff wrong, repeatedly, but those 6TDs he scored in a HS game > Al Bundy. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Blues showed up on Hicks short-lived and sold forum.  He was a character.  Got a lot of stuff wrong, repeatedly, but those 6TDs he scored in a HS game > Al Bundy. 

He knew my grandfather when he was going to school, so my sentimental nature may bias my view of him.  He was an asshole and could hijack a thread at any time with nonsense.  Still, I liked the old man.  He was more fun by far to engage with than our friend from Houston.

• Cheers 1
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He knew my grandfather when he was going to school, so my sentimental nature may bias my view of him.  He was an asshole and could hijack a thread at any time with nonsense.  Still, I liked the old man.  He was more fun by far to engage with than our friend from Houston.

He was different. I remember one thread where he kept getting BSU losses to Fresno wrong (he started at one). I led him on from there.  I do understand his charm.  Brett Rypien is still in the NFL at last check so he missed that one.  

2 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

...why @halfmanhalfbronco embraced him. 

Just because you are softer around the edges than I am (working on it, alriiiight) you think you have it all figured out on how to be a dick without people noticing...sheesh.

;)

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It was the relentlessness more than the hot takes that wore my ass out.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
46 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Who is our friend from Houston?

46 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just because you are softer around the edges than I am (working on it, alriiiight) you think you have it all figured out on how to be a dick without people noticing...sheesh.

;)

If there is anything about myself I can brag about shamelessly...

• Haha 1
Just now, grandjean87 said:

...an old guy on the BTB.  Not present here. Thankfully. 

If he was a bigger pain in the ass than Blues, he must be something else.

• Like 1
Just now, NVGiant said:

If he was a bigger pain in the ass than Blues, he must be something else.

He’s a weird guy. Actually, pretty accomplished earlier in his career life. Marketing VP for one of the really big magazines in their heyday.  I think a sad career decline followed. Not sure?  Ironically, he attended my parish as a kid just a few years younger, and we have many common memories, but I have none of him or his family.   

I admire @halfmanhalfbronco’s affection for Blues. It’s kind of like mine on the BTB for the other guy. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Blues exodus is a loss, but let's not get too mushy. that guy was a +++++ing prick who could make reasonable discourse in this place impossible. 

look. to defeat blues in an argument, all you had to do was tackle the fullback

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, happycamper said:

look. to defeat blues in an argument, all you had to do was tackle the fullback

True. But he wouldn’t realize it and the next play, and the play after that, was another 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 

• Haha 1