Joe from WY

The GOP takes a spin with cannabalistic cancel culture.

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

How then do you explain what’s happening to Cheney?

It’s already been explained to you. The GOP in Congress doesn’t vote presidents in, voters do. GOP Voter polling shows Trump is radioactive as a future president. Around 50% don’t want him to run again. They’ve made it clear it’s time to move on, even with so few candidates to choose from right now. When the 20 or so announce their run, Trump will find out how unpopular he is, then. That’s why it’s so strange how the GOP Congress is kissing Trump’s ass so much right now as if he’s going to win again, and none of them want to be on his bad side. Maybe there’s more to it that’s not coming out, but it’s odd. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s already been explained to you. The GOP in Congress doesn’t vote presidents in, voters do. GOP Voter polling shows Trump is radioactive as a future president. Around 50% don’t want him to run again. They’ve made it clear it’s time to move on, even with so few candidates to choose from right now. When the 20 or so announce their run, Trump will find out how unpopular he is, then. That’s why it’s so strange how the GOP Congress is kissing Trump’s ass so much right now as if he’s going to win again, and none of them want to be on his bad side. Maybe there’s more to it that’s not coming out, but it’s odd. 

That makes little sense, unless GOP Congressmen can’t read polls. Maybe that’s so given how they kiss his orange ass. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

He’s a weird guy. Actually, pretty accomplished earlier in his career life. Marketing VP for one of the really big magazines in their heyday.  I think a sad career decline followed. Not sure?  Ironically, he attended my parish as a kid just a few years younger, and we have many common memories, but I have none of him or his family.   

I admire @halfmanhalfbronco’s affection for Blues. It’s kind of like mine on the BTB for the other guy. 

I would love him to come over here, honestly.  His fragility when being proven wrong would make him a board short timer.  Blues was here for neigh two decades, and could shrug off being wrong like superman would bullets...but after the clip is empty and you throw the pistol...he would dodge.

Pretty similar though.  HB (DB) to you reminds you of home and community.  As Blues did to me.  I mean he was just awful but...still.  Sigh.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
2 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

...an old guy on the BTB.  Not present here. Thankfully. 

I was speaking with @Old_SD_Dude privately about him, and how your advice in how to approach him shaped how I interact with certain posters here.   You just never know what people are dealing with, where they are at.

Best to be kind or ignore them, when you feel them out.  Again....working on it.  I know telling a certain poster that no, his mom did not die of the COVID vaccine may have been...well...not so diplomatic.  

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

That makes little sense, unless GOP Congressmen can’t read polls. Maybe that’s so given how they kiss his orange ass. 

That’s what this whole friggin’ thread is about, it makes no sense. Of course they can read polls, but apparently must not believe them or think things will change later. But that’s just more ignorance because they should know that many voters think he did the unforgivable, and those votes won’t come back. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

look. to defeat blues in an argument, all you had to do was tackle the fullback

If that was so easy, the academies would all be fcs. 

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

They're still afraid of him. While he's toxic and a drain on the party when it comes to their more traditional wing, he enjoys absolutely rabid support among his base. If he were to lead an exodus from the GOP, I'd guess that they'd be looking at losing 15-20% of their members, if not more. They're petrified of that occurring, so they're continuing to kiss the ring. Then some of the loudest members of Congress like Gym Jordan, Lindsey Graham, and others who are either among that 15-20%, or they could be primaried by them, so they're defending and supporting him to the bitter end. 

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I was speaking with @Old_SD_Dude privately about him, and how your advice in how to approach him shaped how I interact with certain posters here.   You just never know what people are dealing with, where they are at.

Best to be kind or ignore them, when you feel them out.  Again....working on it.  I know telling a certain poster that no, his mom did not die of the COVID vaccine may have been...well...not so diplomatic.  

Batting down b.s. is fine especially wild, outlandish stuff, but empathy is a good default and starting position.

On 5/11/2021 at 4:42 AM, Nevada Convert said:

GW had a big hard-on for wanting to get Saddam for devising a plot to assassinate his dad when he was president. He wanted revenge. 

Yes. Which is why it was so easy for Cheney the Dick to persuade Dubya to go to war over nothing more than one dipshit Iraqi who didn't want to get extradited back to his home country saying he knew for a fact there were WMDs at just a single facility in that country.

As to today's Republican Party, most of its leaders may not be as devious as CtD but they're showing themselves to be gutless, self-serving fools with little regard for the country. I'm embarrassed to say that a Californian, Kevin McCarthy, is the worst of the lot.

• Like 5
  • Idiot 1
20 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Basically all of them except @bornontheblue. But given a choice between Trump and Kamala in ‘24, I bet even he would jump right back on the Trump train.

I don't want tot think about the next presidential race, and I don't care at this point. The last one was so bad for the country, and the blame goes to both sides. It wasn't just the Jan 6th disaster that was horrible for the country. Identity politics focusing on leveraging conflict between segments of society by the Democrats is equally as bad as what happened on Jan 6th. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I don't want tot think about the next presidential race, and I don't care at this point. The last one was so bad for the country, and the blame goes to both sides. It wasn't just the Jan 6th disaster that was horrible for the country. Identity politics focusing on leveraging conflict between segments of society by the Democrats is equally as bad as what happened on Jan 6th. 

I gotta disagree, my man. We've had identity politics since our inception. It isn't great for the republic, but it is survivable and even manageable. Jan 6th was about ending liberalism and the grand American experiment. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I gotta disagree, my man. We've had identity politics since our inception. It isn't great for the republic, but it is survivable and even manageable. Jan 6th was about ending liberalism and the grand American experiment. 

Perhaps you are right but last summer and fall the country was in a bad spot. We all f..kin hated each other. This place was representative of that. I want to enjoy not having to endure the election, or think about the next one for a while. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Perhaps you are right but last summer and fall the country was in a bad spot. We all f..kin hated each other. This place was representative of that. I want to enjoy not having to endure the election, or think about the next one for a while. 

I agree very, very much with this. 

51 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

"It's not about right or wrong, it's about the focus of our conference, and focusing on pushing back on the agenda that's being pushed by the Biden administration," Scalise said Tuesday.

Welp. :surrender:RIP GOP.

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would love him to come over here, honestly.  His fragility when being proven wrong would make him a board short timer.  Blues was here for neigh two decades, and could shrug off being wrong like superman would bullets...but after the clip is empty and you throw the pistol...he would dodge.

Pretty similar though.  HB (DB) to you reminds you of home and community.  As Blues did to me.  I mean he was just awful but...still.  Sigh.  

Blues was unique in that being proven demonstrably wrong (or basically anything else) could never, ever change his argument. He would just keep running it up the middle on 4th and 23. 

2 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Blues was unique in that being proven demonstrably wrong (or basically anything else) could never, ever change his argument. He would just keep running it up the middle on 4th and 23. 

I wish he were unique....  :D

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

So... you're saying that he was the Pat Hill of the MWCBoard?

:rotflmfao:

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Yes. Which is why it was so easy for Cheney the Dick to persuade Dubya to go to war over nothing more than one dipshit Iraqi who didn't want to get extradited back to his home country saying he knew for a fact there were WMDs at just a single facility in that country.

As to today's Republican Party, most of its leaders may not be as devious as CtD but they're showing themselves to be gutless, self-serving fools with little regard for the country. I'm embarrassed to say that a Californian, Kevin McCarthy, is the worst of the lot.

I just love propaganda. Iraq had WMD’s and that is a fact that you can not prove otherwise. And Saddam knew the invasion was coming for months, so why in the fvck would we expect to find anything? It’s like the LAPD tipping off drug dealers a week in advance that there’s going to be drug raids on their houses, and the tax paying public getting  outraged that tax money was being spent on drug raids that never produced shit. Then the media starts declaring that the idea of there being ANY drug houses in LA per the LAPD is a big fvcking lie and scam. 

I’m not saying there needed to be a war over WMD at all. But Saddam was a big problem for us. He gassed thousands of Kurds to death, so we created no fly zones to protect them which meant we had to have fighter jets in the air over Iraq 24 hours a day, 365 days a year until Saddam dies of old age? It’s cheaper than war, but still very expensive.

How do you solve that problem? Yes, I’m asking you. There weren’t any good options, and there was tremendous pressure on Bush to solve it. Yes, Bush wanted revenge and I think it helped him with his decision, but the idea that he just went to war only to seek revenge is just left wing Bush hating propaganda. The intelligence brought to the UN by Colin Powell was very convincing, and likely a lot of it true. 

I will also add that this was right after 911. Our culture shifted to a very low tolerance of terrorism, big on offensive terrorism prevention, and revenge for 911. Even though Saddam essentially had no direct role in 911, he was a terrorist himself, and the politics were ripe to wipe out any terrorism in the Middle East. 911 temporarily turned lots of moderates, independents and some Dems into hawks. 

Remember, 40% of Dems in Congress voted for the war in Iraq. That’s 82 Dem’s. At the time, it made a lot of sense. If a Dem president had proposed it, support would’ve been really high, probably 75% to 85%. 

• Facepalm 1