Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

No More Kansas Jokes, I’m Moving Back To Vegas

12 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Grand Junction is like a real town with a diverse economy and real people. They’ve redeveloped the downtown area and has great outdoors recreation obviously. You have to drive a little upstream on the Colorado or Gunnison to get good fishing though the lakes up on the Mesa are pretty cool. Pretty good foodie scene too. The airport is even decent sized. 

Durango has turned into Telluride/Aspen lite with definite line between haves and have nots. The national publicity worked too well. The middle class are pretty much moving out to Bayfield. Just like every other attractive place, real estate is ridiculous with bidding wars from out of towners, though not at the high prices of Telluride and Aspen yet, it’s pretty much priced out even the affluent. It is a great area from a scenery and restaurant perspective though. 

What do people do in grand junction for work? It’s not a “company town” situation is it?

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@soupslam is a really solid dude.  When he heard early in the pandemic I was providing for my sick sister and laid off father, he offered me $500 via PM.  I declined, and he donated it to a local food bank instead.  Totally fascist, racist, Nazist, whatever, right?

I think part of the reason we see it is because all the board conservative intellectuals have been driven away (not saying they are not intellectuals)  and the board demographic is now 80-20 to those who support the GOP and those that do not, including the libertarian segment in the do not group.  So Soup, Convert and Bob are always playing defense, Lawlor plays offense but is targeted, @CPslogradis clearly just frustrated.  The rest are gone.  It's basically 20 people gang pilling on 3-5.  

Kind of why when @BSUTOP25 and I outed @Whats Up Doc for being @Boise fan's sock and he got pissed and went with the "if you don't want a different opinion around here cus you are scared, rant" I did not feel bad.  We don't need one more hard lefter who thinks he needs to hide his identity to further the cause.  There are plenty of left of center voices, last thing the board needs is a bomb throwing sock puppet to further the left of center (in his case far left) cause.  Man up and post under your prior username.

Which GOP posters ran off? BTW, these ones you claim are “good” sure like to play offense a lot more than defense. 

9 minutes ago, utenation said:

Which GOP posters ran off? BTW, these ones you claim are “good” sure like to play offense a lot more than defense. 

@HR_Poke, @FSpoopypants, CPSLO hardly posts anymore.  3 of my favorite.  This board used to be 60-40 conservative or so.  Some were great, others not so much.  It's 80-20 left now.  Some are great, others not so much.  Is what it is.

20 people dogpilling Soup and Convert is boring.  I usually just ignore Convert, even when he goes rage posting quoting me.  Unless it's feral cat debate part 5, not really interested.  And Bob is my favorite person, what would this board be without @Bob.  Far less entertaining for sure.  

14 minutes ago, utenation said:

several guys left. wyo coog, mcdigger, easybronc. those guys were borderline christofascists. 

Several guys post less. cplos, slow white, sdsu fan, hr poke

several guys have moved to the left. me, halfman, mugtang

several guys haven't changed too much but the party moved out from under them. lawlor, sean327, bornontheblue

someone posters just got banned. bluerules, roswell coug

finally a lot of the topics have shifted. gun control used to be fairly popular but no longer... that brings a lot of guys together against a "traditional" democratic position. Used to be topics about it probably once a week. That's just one example.

When old Sd guy started posting on here, he was noted for his liberal politics and being able to stay level-headed in "well chummed waters" of the OT board. Now the idea that someone with his politics would have to hold the gap himself while being attacked from multiple sides sounds silly. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

What do people do in grand junction for work? It’s not a “company town” situation is it?

It's a regional healthcare center. They have a very well developed delivery system that covers the Western slope, more than you would expect for a small town. Oil and gas is a big employer , for better or worse. It's small college town as well. Tourism and agriculture/ranching are big as well. Obviously it has great mountain biking and Palisade has lots of wineries that you can tour, though only a few I would drink. They have the usual abundance of Colorado microbrews.  For you fisherman, the Gunnison has great fishing outside the Black Canyon. A great salmonfly/ yellow sally hatch. I could live there for sure.

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

several guys left. wyo coog, mcdigger, easybronc. those guys were borderline christofascists. 

Several guys post less. cplos, slow white, sdsu fan, hr poke

several guys have moved to the left. me, halfman, mugtang

several guys haven't changed too much but the party moved out from under them. lawlor, sean327, bornontheblue

someone posters just got banned. bluerules, roswell coug

finally a lot of the topics have shifted. gun control used to be fairly popular but no longer... that brings a lot of guys together against a "traditional" democratic position. Used to be topics about it probably once a week. That's just one example.

When old Sd guy started posting on here, he was noted for his liberal politics and being able to stay level-headed in "well chummed waters" of the OT board. Now the idea that someone with his politics would have to hold the gap himself while being attacked from multiple sides sounds silly. 

I fuggen miss Wyo coog.  The debates about the age of the Earth/Universe were the best thing this board has ever produced.

Wyo: "The earth is 6000 years old, as is the universe, but god made the earth with 6 billion year old rocks.  Call it a test of faith"
The rest of us: "Not sure how that works"
Wyo: "listen, I did not write the book, take it up with God."

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@HR_Poke, @FSpoopypants, CPSLO hardly posts anymore.  3 of my favorite.  This board used to be 60-40 conservative or so.  Some were great, others not so much.  It's 80-20 left now.  Some are great, others not so much.  Is what it is.

20 people dogpilling Soup and Convert is boring.  I usually just ignore Convert, even when he goes rage posting quoting me.  Unless it's feral cat debate part 5, not really interested.  And Bob is my favorite person, what would this board be without @Bob.  Far less entertaining for sure.  

Yeah.. I just don’t see bob, soup and convert as innocent victims being bullied. 

All three talk a lot of shit. Hell, convert is one beer away from planting an IED in China town in SF.

1 minute ago, utenation said:

Yeah.. I just don’t see bob, soup and convert as innocent victims being bullied. 

All three talk a lot of shit. Hell, convert is one beer away from planting an IED in China town in SF.

I did not say they are innocent victims.  But Convert can literally post anything and people will jump him.  Soup is new to the OT board, lacks nuance, has some shallow or not well thought out posts, but is hardly a bomb thrower.  Bob is amazing.  A 74 year old angry white guy trapped in a millenials body.  Love it.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I did not say they are innocent victims.  But Convert can literally post anything and people will jump him.  Soup is new to the OT board, lacks nuance, has some shallow or not well thought out posts, but is hardly a bomb thrower.  Bob is amazing.  A 74 year old angry white guy trapped in a millenials body.  Love it.

I think it’s fair to say, convert loves his fan base and the negative press. 

1 minute ago, utenation said:

I think it’s fair to say, convert loves his fan base and the negative press. 

Hey, you created that monster, Mr.  The "summer of steel" is when he got addicted to the press, I say.

29 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hey, you created that monster, Mr.  The "summer of steel" is when he got addicted to the press, I say.

Convert certainly didn't need my help to show what he really is.  He hasn't changed since 2010. Probably even more insane today. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I did not say they are innocent victims.  But Convert can literally post anything and people will jump him.  Soup is new to the OT board, lacks nuance, has some shallow or not well thought out posts, but is hardly a bomb thrower.  Bob is amazing.  A 74 year old angry white guy trapped in a millennials body.  Love it.

perfect description...Bob is a treasure :cheers:

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Convert was posting stupid takes on the Nevada fan forum from the moment he showed up there a couple of years before he wandered over to the MWC forum and started subtly “trolling” the natives into crowning him the very first Troll King. It’s the sheer, unrelenting volume of dumbshittery flowing from his fingers for more than a decade that has earned him all the flack he gets, even when he appears to make a sincere post. Why blame those who dump on him when he has been the board’s primary antagonist almost since his arrival?

The guy seems to thrive on conflict, even when he is so wrong the dog pile is warranted, which is the case far more often than not.  

Edit: the truth is that many posters ignore or refrain from commenting on his his daily eye rollers right up until he breaks down their resolve to not engage with his 17th monumentally dumb post of the day. If folks actually responded to all of his inane, sometimes insane takes, this forum would be 50% Convert-bashing posts rather than 5%.

6 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

Convert was posting stupid takes on the Nevada fan forum from the moment he showed up there a couple of years before he wandered over to the MWC forum and started subtly “trolling” the natives into crowning him the very first Troll King. It’s the sheer, unrelenting volume of dumbshittery flowing from his fingers for more than a decade that has earned him all the flack he gets, even when he appears to make a sincere post. Why blame those who dump on him when he has been the board’s primary antagonist almost since his arrival?

The guy seems to thrive on conflict, even when he is so wrong the dog pile is warranted, which is the case far more often than not.  

I'm not really blaming anybody.  I just find it boring.  He will go off on some 5 paragraph rant quoting me calling names or whatever, the only response he gets is the laughing react.

I want more feral cat threads!  Convert owes me a list!

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm not really blaming anybody.  I just find it boring.  He will go off on some 5 paragraph rant quoting me calling names or whatever, the only response he gets is the laughing react.

See my edit. You can ignore him until the stupid is just too great to ignore any longer. Maybe that’s his real genius: he understands volume stupidity will eventually get him the argument he needs to fill the void.

Personally, I don’t think it’s cunning genius, I think he’s just as weird, warped and not self aware as his posting history indicates he is. This is sad, since he does deliver the occasional just a little off, but interesting post that might be worth a sincere discussion...but it’s Contard and he’s likely to go off the rails with his next response.

20 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

8 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

See my edit. You can ignore him until the stupid is just too great to ignore any longer. Maybe that’s his real genius: he understands volume stupidity will eventually get him the argument he needs to fill the void.

Personally, I don’t think it’s cunning genius, I think he’s just as weird, warped and not self aware as his posting history indicates he is. This is sad, since he does deliver the occasional just a little off, but interesting post that might be worth a sincere discussion...but it’s Contard and he’s likely to go off the rails with his next response.

It's the insistence on that he's right.

We hear about Nevada all summer

ND beats the doors off of them in game 1

"actually this shows I'm right"

We hear about how the border wall can't possibly cost more than 2 billion dollars

new estimates are 50 billion total, we've spend hundreds of millions on 200 feet

"you were just waiting for this huh well actually, this is why I'm right"

we hear about how carpenters have to go to college

convert posts about how special carpenter college is 33,000 except the students pay 140 total

"no some carpenters go to special school this also shows how I'm right"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@Jack Bauer could be included as a thinking man’s conservative (not a right wing nutter) who doesn’t post on here as much as he used to either.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 hours ago, happycamper said:

Never thought about it like that but you’re right. It’s a lot different now. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say