Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

No More Kansas Jokes, I’m Moving Back To Vegas

5 minutes ago, utenation said:

Ogden is our Meth Lab District.  If you're into those type of track suit businesses.  Good place for tax free income.

Apparently Logan’s unofficial nickname is “The City of Streetwalkers.”

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

Great, you mean the financial meltdown that caused pretty much the entire housing market to crash?

Lol!

You people crack me up.  

Not even close to an apples to apples comparison. Banks and major lenders actually follow strict guidelines these days and don't fvck around with self employed borrowers.

14 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Apparently Logan’s unofficial nickname is “The City of Streetwalkers.”

Logan is mostly farmland and meat/cheese factories. Roll on down the hill to Ogden and you can probably find any sin you want in the back alleys.  Old. Dirty. Trashy downtown. 

image.jpeg.ace44f9025d07b52f1fdcc616fd80fec.jpeg

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Reno and Laramie would be the only two MWC locations I would want to live in other than Boise.  Not that the rest are not great, and some assuradly more fun to visit for a week, but to live, those are the two.

After 10 years in Spokane, can't say any MWC city looks too bad.

Anyone ever been to Grand Junction, CO?  I feel like that has the type of vibe I imagine 1980s Boise had before the huge growth.

26 minutes ago, utenation said:

Not even close to an apples to apples comparison. Banks and major lenders actually follow strict guidelines these days and don't fvck around with self employed borrowers.

I believe the FHMA rule is still one year of tax returns and typically an audited or unaudited P&L depending on income and credit score.  

21 minutes ago, utenation said:

Logan is mostly farmland and meat/cheese factories. Roll on down the hill to Ogden and you can probably find any sin you want in the back alleys.  Old. Dirty. Trashy downtown. 

image.jpeg.ace44f9025d07b52f1fdcc616fd80fec.jpeg

Yes, been there once for a game.  There was an instance of a USU player getting caught picking up a streetwalker in downtown sin city Logan.  

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Go back 10 years and there was a pretty big one. 

The crash back in 2008-11 was huge. The economy was in the tank. Literally half of NV Energy was laid off over a few years. They had about 4,300 employees and went down to about 2,200. My group in Reno was completely eliminated, so I had to leave town. I paid $450k for my house in 2007. In 2011 I did a bank approved short sale for $210,000. Today the house is $600k. I doubt Reno sees a crash this bad in the next 25 years

kat.jpg

25 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Grand Junction (and the West Slope in general) is great. Really nice climate, very pretty and Grand Junction is a cool town. Some of the other areas are great around there too and it's pretty close to some great skiing. I honestly prefer Durango in Western Colorado, but Grand Junction is cool. Definitely an upgrade over Spokompton.

My in-laws are convinced that I'm going to end up in Spokane in 5 years. Worse weather, uglier, grimier... pass. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Too Right Wing for my tastes. Not the good kind of "Right Wing" you'd see in rural Montana or Wyoming, but more of the Jesus Freak/Focus on the Family/social conservative type. Too many people too. And too much of a military town IMO too. I'm not anti-military by any means, but I wouldn't live in Oceanside, CA for the same reason.

There's some gorgeous places around there. And Manitou Springs is pretty cool. But Colorado Springs itself, I'm not a fan of.

Waco North

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

16 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

We’ll see, they are at Boise this year.  

Let's just see what happens to the Reno economy once Boise leaves for the AAC and our fans stop flooding their city with money every 4 years....dark times ahead Renoites.

@tailingpermit do you think you could find a realtor to work with @BSUTOP25 on the sale of his "estate" in Boston? I guess he's close to inking a new job and headed back out west. 

The realtors I talked to said they didn't want to get mugged or shot showing potential buyers and there isn't internet service in this area for 10 miles.  Let the realtor know he wants to rent the place out without legal lease agreements. 

image.jpeg.5fc19cae59d1a1af037307199db355a8.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

The traffic sucks ass for a city of its size

My mom's family always say they're too busy reading their bibles to watch the road

which her uncle is a preacher and they all are extremely devout so... stings extra 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

I have never been to Washington state other than setac airport. I've heard Spokane called "SpoCompton". Is it that bad? Seems like it has potential to be a good city in a nice area of the world.

And, yes, I've been to Grand Junction. It used to be a cool, sleepy, laid back place. Shit is blowing up there. It will soon be ruined.

Spokane is kinda dirty and grimey and is more vulnerable to busts than the rest of the country. When I was there 2006-2010 Gonzaga was in the poorest neighborhood in Washington and there were needles on streets off of campus and a gang of high school kids roaming the 2 blocks between our sad little cluster of bars and campus with baseball bats trying to rob us. 

That area has gentrified now but... Spokane gets all of the gray of Seattle from ~december to April, but gets decently cold too, and is just not an attractively built city. Think of the parts of Casper you drive through if you're going from Laramie to the Basin or to Riverton

5 minutes ago, utenation said:

@tailingpermit do you think you could find a realtor to work with @BSUTOP25 on the sale of his "estate" in Boston? I guess he's close to inking a new job and headed back out west. 

The realtors I talked to said they didn't want to get mugged or shot showing potential buyers and there isn't internet service in this area for 10 miles.  Let the realtor know he wants to rent the place out without legal lease agreements. 

Man, that house was once somebodies dream come true.

38 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I believe the FHMA rule is still one year of tax returns and typically an audited or unaudited P&L depending on income and credit score.  

I'm still two years on returns and YTD P&L on both agency and portfolio.  Thankfully some of our major pain in the ass COVID overlays are going away as Vaccinations go up.  We are super conservative. Thankfully most of my customers are great credit customers with assets and reserves. 

We just don't have very good options anywhere for 640 or lower scores. 

14 minutes ago, utenation said:

Ha - that dump would be worth 1.2 in my berg. People in Boise are bitching about the cost of housing, they should see what 700k gets them around here. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Ha - that dump would be worth 1.2 in my berg. People in Boise are bitching about the cost of housing, they should see what 700k gets them around here. 

I'm thinking we could actually sell it to the Movie Producers of "IT"

Is It Real? The Creepy House in Stephen King's 'It'

6 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

How the +++++ did you live in Kansas for any length of time? I'd rather lick bird shit off a stop sign than do that.

That is a very good question. It was simply money. A head hunter recruited me to come out here and help Midwest Energy get a bunch of lines and substations they needed to get built and rebuild old ones. It was almost getting to a crisis situation. They can’t get engineers to live in central and western KS, and even consultants don’t like to deal with all the work out here. 

So they had to offer a good deal. It’s not like going to work in Iraq and demanding huge money, but I told them $160k, 12% to my 401k, 32 days of PTO, 100% vested in the pension plan, country club golf course membership, new company truck, etc. and they said “deal”. I live in the golf course community where the lots are huge, houses are huge, and my neighbors are doctors, a few lawyers, University folks, etc. so with all the big trees and houses, you can’t see the flatland. You could be anywhere really.

So that part isn’t bad. I live in Hays, and it’s the golf course in the west part of town. Because of the big medical facilities here to serve this half of KS, Fort Hays State University which is now bigger than Wichita St. and the #3 school in KS, the prices here are high for Kansas. That keeps the scum meth people, gangs, etc. out of the city. They all live in shitholes like Great Bend an hour SE, Garden City and Dodge City a few hours south of here. So at least Hays is clean and relatively crime free. United has two nonstop flights to Denver every day and one nonstop to Chicago. 

The cops here are hilarious. About a few months after I got here, one day I was off on a Friday and bored. I looked out the window and saw a kid get out of his car and run to a house about 50 yards away with some heavy tools that looked like maybe a crow bar, he jumped the backyard fence and about 5 min later the garage door opens and he runs out down the street to his car and drives it into the garage quickly and closes it. Call me crazy, but that might be a little punk trying to be a hamburgler.

So I was bored and called it in as a burglary in progress in a huge nice house. The lady that took my call was like “really? We generally don’t have burglars like that here, it’s pretty rare.” But she made the call. Holy crap, just about every law enforcement vehicle in the county shows up. I counted 6 local PD vehicles, 4 Sheriff, 2 Hwy Patrol and a Fort Hays University. Cop car. It was quite the scene and just the entertainment I was looking for. So I sat on my porch and watched it play out with my police band radio. 

They were afraid to go in the house. They called the home phone, first. No answer. I guess they think the burglar is dumber than they are. So after a half hour, a few cops went and knocked on the door. No answer. Finally the kid crapping his pants called the police and said he lived there and he was coming out. So he does, and they see he’s a 16 year old kid, and kids of that age can’t burglarize a house.

So the police chief calls me on the phone and asks me why I would think a kid could be a burglar. They were expecting the Hollywood stereotype I guess. So I laid into him and said “You’ve got to be shitting me. Are you being serious? In the real world there are 16 years olds that wouldn’t hesitate to shoot a cop or even a police chief in the head if they had the opportunity. And you’re telling me they don’t steal shit from houses? From what I’ve seen this afternoon, you guys needed the practice badly.” So he was pissed and hung up, and it took 45 min for most of the cops to leave. They just sat out there and chatted with each other like they were on lunch break. 

kat.jpg