Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

No More Kansas Jokes, I’m Moving Back To Vegas

8 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Go back 10 years and there was a pretty big one. 

Great, you mean the financial meltdown that caused pretty much the entire housing market to crash?

Lol!

You people crack me up.  

33 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Go back 10 years and there was a pretty big one. 

you mean when construction commodities weren't making new building still more expensive even than the rising home values?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

22 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Great, you mean the financial meltdown that caused pretty much the entire housing market to crash?

Lol!

You people crack me up.  

So... I guess? A few people were ruined as a result. 

27 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Lol!

You people crack me up.  

It was still a major adjustment to a market which had seen a dramatic increase. An appreciation which was due in large part to the same policies which led to the crash.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

It was still a major adjustment to a market which had seen a dramatic increase. An appreciation which was due in large part to the same policies which led to the crash.

Incorrect.

And also, the government is propping up the housing market - which it did not do during the housing crisis.  

Correction today means that value increases will slow, but by no means lose value like back then.  

That’s why every single advisor with a brain agrees waiting for a “correction” is a dumb idea.  Now, it could be that convert is simply priced out of the area that he want to move back to, I have no idea of his financial situation.  

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It isn’t Reno, but it is Nevada, and that’s a huge improvement. Hopefully the Reno housing market takes a dump in the next few years so I can get a good house for the money and move back. I paid $450k for my old house in Reno and it’s worth $600k right now. Not good. 

Is your parole officer aware of the move? I'm guessing the federal charges for abusing farm livestock in Kansas didn't stick. 

I’m no expert in home valuations and the housing market, but this seems much different than Reno home values preceding the Great Recession. There aren’t any huge development projects coming on the market in the Reno area in the next couple of years, just a bunch of smaller stuff in process with more and larger projects in various stages of planning.

The local economy is on fire, particularly companies relocating t9 the area and new companies starting up. This process was not really slowed at all by the pandemic and it’s currently accelerating. If the pandemic didn’t slow it, it’s going to take something much uglier to do that in a way that suddenly crashes the local home-buying market.

As much as I’d like to see prices drop first time buyers could afford a damn house here (or rent—landlord for the home my sons are renting is booting them in September to sell the home, and I expect my 28 year old will end up back home for awhile, ugh), I’m not expecting this to change for a long time. 

3 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I’ve only spent a few days in Reno a couple times but I liked it there. I liked the setting as well. I did some work on the Pyramid Lake Reservation. 

The stretch from Carson City to Lake Tahoe is amazing. I would live there for sure. 

9 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

I’m no expert in home valuations and the housing market, but this seems much different than Reno home values preceding the Great Recession. There aren’t any huge development projects coming on the market in the Reno area in the next couple of years, just a bunch of smaller stuff in process with more and larger projects in various stages of planning.

The local economy is on fire, particularly companies relocating t9 the area and new companies starting up. This process was not really slowed at all by the pandemic and it’s currently accelerating. If the pandemic didn’t slow it, it’s going to take something much uglier to do that in a way that suddenly crashes the local home-buying market.

As much as I’d like to see prices drop first time buyers could afford a damn house here (or rent—landlord for the home my sons are renting is booting them in September to sell the home, and I expect my 28 year old will end up back home for awhile, ugh), I’m not expecting this to change for a long time. 

There's been some good discussions on this on the mortgage threads.

Nothing will slow down until:

Economy slows down or Inflation burst the bubble.

Net population migration stops or slows.

Supply of inventory finally catches up with demand. 

This model can be used in most western cities outside of California. 

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Reno and Laramie would be the only two MWC locations I would want to live in other than Boise.  Not that the rest are not great, and some assuradly more fun to visit for a week, but to live, those are the two.

I could live in all MWC cities except for Fresno, San Jose, and Laramie. Have you spent much time in Albuquerque? It’s not the shithole some in here make it out to be. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I'd probably live in all of the MWC towns except Vegas, Colorado Springs, San Jose and probably Logan. Even with San Jose though, you could always live in Santa Cruz and commute over the 17. And probably not near as often as would have been the case pre-COVID.

Other than @Bob, what don’t you like about Colorado Springs?

21 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

He’s 28, find him a 200k condo to fix up in his spare time and gift him the down payment.  Live there a few years and flip the fcking thing, he pays you back the down payment.  

10 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I could live in all MWC cities except for Fresno, San Jose, and Laramie. Have you spent much time in Albuquerque? It’s not the shithole some in here make it out to be. 

Just a reminder from the last court settlement, you are restricted from coming within 1000 miles of my family.  I know you were talking about maybe moving back to Boise. 

And no, I'm not giving you my sister's new phone number. She's now in witness protection anyways. You were a hoot at family parties for a minute. 

8 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'd probably live in all of the MWC towns except Vegas, Colorado Springs, San Jose and probably Logan. Even with San Jose though, you could always live in Santa Cruz and commute over the 17. And probably not near as often as would have been the case pre-COVID.

Dude, you'd fit well in Park City. 

3 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Waiting for a housing market to correct itself is never a good plan.  

Do you really think Convert is home owner material? He's been living in his parent's rentals for 20 years.  He's just waiting for them to kick the dust and dig into the trust fund and will.

3 minutes ago, utenation said:

Dude, you'd fit well in Park City. 

Not that far from Ogden either so Joe could see Wyoming play roadies at USU. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

100%. I'd love to live up there someday. Hell, I wouldn't mind living in Salt Lake City at some point either. That's a great city. Fun too.

SLC proper is very liberal..  Downtown has transformed into a real livable, walkable city. They are throwing up skyrise condos and Apts like wildfire. If I were single and didn't need a place for toys, i would do it. 

Most of the subs are decent, but sometimes have pockets of very LDS neighborhoods. Hit and miss. 

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not that far from Ogden either so Joe could see Wyoming play roadies at USU. 

Ogden is our Meth Lab District.  If you're into those type of track suit businesses.  Good place for tax free income.

9 minutes ago, utenation said:

Do you really think Convert is home owner material? He's been living in his parent's rentals for 20 years.  He's just waiting for them to kick the dust and dig into the trust fund and will.

Jesus, I’d bet moving day would look a lot like January 6th.  

10 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

. Hell, I wouldn't mind living in Salt Lake City at some point either. That's a great city. Fun too.

If your target date is 2023, this is your ticket brother. Mix of condos and top end apts.  Pool and I'm sure some women that like doing coke on the 40th floor balcony..

image.jpeg.9ce15f8af300e750dd2a966f07c54953.jpeg