Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

No More Kansas Jokes, I’m Moving Back To Vegas

It isn’t Reno, but it is Nevada, and that’s a huge improvement. Hopefully the Reno housing market takes a dump in the next few years so I can get a good house for the money and move back. I paid $450k for my old house in Reno and it’s worth $600k right now. Not good. 

kat.jpg

8 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Who will feed the kitties?

cat-in-microwave.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

39 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Not really funny......

Opinions vary...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

How the +++++ did you live in Kansas for any length of time? I'd rather lick bird shit off a stop sign than do that.

LOL! I could survive in the KC suburb towns (Olathe, Overland Park) if I had to, but I'd rather lose a limb than call Kansas home

7 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah the KC suburb towns would be pretty decent probably, because Kansas City is a great, great city (one of the top 5 in America IMO). But yeah, the rest of it...good god. I'd rather go wave an Israeli flag in Damascus.

I too would put KC in my top 5-6 best large cities to live in.  I'd rather live anywhere near KC than Vegas.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I worked on a project on the west side of KC Kansas and I don't remember much once you got past the stock car track. Missouri side I liked better. It was about 25 years ago though. I'd never live in Vegas. Really don't like it. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

8 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I definitely like the Missouri side better. I'd love to live in one of those old brick buildings in or around downtown there.

And I'd never live in Vegas either. I've never seen the appeal. I could see living in Reno though.

I’ve only spent a few days in Reno a couple times but I liked it there. I liked the setting as well. I did some work on the Pyramid Lake Reservation. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I’ve only spent a few days in Reno a couple times but I liked it there. I liked the setting as well. I did some work on the Pyramid Lake Reservation. 

Reno and Laramie would be the only two MWC locations I would want to live in other than Boise.  Not that the rest are not great, and some assuradly more fun to visit for a week, but to live, those are the two.

23 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Reno and Laramie would be the only two MWC locations I would want to live in other than Boise.  Not that the rest are not great, and some assuradly more fun to visit for a week, but to live, those are the two.

I’ve never been to Laradise, but it’s almost certainly too small for me, and too cold to be a good place to garden and grow a fairly wide variety of fruit trees that actually make fruit. I like midsize cities and like Boise a lot; it has always reminded me of Reno. I could easily live there.

I’ve only been to Albuquerque once—in 1984, my sophomore year in college, when Nevada played NC State—but I got a good feeling about it. You can fish, mountain bike, garden about like in Reno, and eat lots of great food, which is important for me (Reno’s restaurant scene is great). I’m pretty sure I’d like it there.

Fort Collins might work, but it’s straddling the line on size and gardening weather.

Vegas is too big and way too hot.

Logan is too small and isolated.

I lived in Hayward for three years, not the best place from which to gauge Bay Area charms, but I know the entirety pretty well, and while there’s a lot to love about the area, sharing it with 6 million others doesn’t work for me, so no to San Jose. I know less about San Diego, but while it’s a great place in many ways, just too many people for me.

Fresno - my mother grew up in the area, so I have a reasonable feel for it. It almost meets a few of my criteria, but overall it’s just not my cup of tea.

Colorado Springs might work. It’s a bit colder than Reno, and definitely more conservative (but so is Boise). I’ve never been there, so have no feel for it.

7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It isn’t Reno, but it is Nevada, and that’s a huge improvement. Hopefully the Reno housing market takes a dump in the next few years so I can get a good house for the money and move back. I paid $450k for my old house in Reno and it’s worth $600k right now. Not good. 

Waiting for a housing market to correct itself is never a good plan.  

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

How the +++++ did you live in Kansas for any length of time? I'd rather lick bird shit off a stop sign than do that.

Second-most popular occupation in Kansas, BTW...

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

31 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Second-most popular occupation in Kansas, BTW...

I dont understand how you could denigrate a state that is home to the world's largest ball of twine...

lCRbC5VMRw9I3oykGVpLQx58tVt1ZKL8GrM_YuL-

42 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Waiting for a housing market to correct itself is never a good plan.  

Why not ?

They always do.

Unless a gazillion urban refugees with cash move into your town.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

18 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Why not ?

They always do.

Unless a gazillion urban refugees with cash move into your town.

Here’s a home in Reno over the past 5 years, where’s the correction?

The average homeowner spends 7-8 years in a house.  

A074A755-6B70-4A25-B79D-6962A55F077D.png

40 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Here’s a home in Reno over the past 5 years, where’s the correction?

The average homeowner spends 7-8 years in a house.  

A074A755-6B70-4A25-B79D-6962A55F077D.png

Go back 10 years and there was a pretty big one.