Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

UNLV Football Springball Documentary

20 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I completely agree. College basketball suffers when you have an NBA team in your city. They often both play at home on the same nights forcing fans of the school and the NBA team to choose. Utah's basketball attendance has cratered over the past few years. Part of that is due to the Jazz being better and drawing more attention. If you want to further hurt UNLV hoops add an NBA franchise to Las Vegas. I don't have any experience with an NFL franchise, but I assume its a similar deal. People can't afford the time and expense to support both the NFL and College simultaneously.

It hasn’t hurt UCLA.  They can draw at least 10,000 per night when things are rolling.

1 minute ago, quickdraw said:

It’s all about Other People’s Money. Y’all come on down to Vegas and pay your fair share.

So you mean the money we get from actually performing and having packed houses and such? Apparel? Eyeballs on TV? You know, generating revenue like a good business?

It's clear why UNLV fans are so concerned about public assistance.. You guys have none of the above. 

5 minutes ago, utenation said:

So you mean the money we get from actually performing and having packed houses and such? Apparel? Eyeballs on TV? You know, generating revenue like a good business?

It's clear why UNLV fans are so concerned about public assistance.. You guys have none of the above. 

Utah is an Urban Meyer hire away from still being in the Mountain West. #FACTS

6 hours ago, utenation said:

Oh no. I knew exactly what I was doing here. I don't count the Raiders stadium as theirs. They put zero dollars into the project.  Welfare subsidy. Nothing more. 

UNLV was smart enough to get other people to pay for it. Y'all would do it if you could, lol. 

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

UNLV was smart enough to get other people to pay for it. Y'all would do it if you could, lol. 

There’s no downside to playing in Allegiant Stadium.  And if/when UNLV gets it going, there will be a push to get an on campus stadium.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Universities run on handouts. Can't even have a bench to sit on campus without the school begging someone to slap their name on it for a few G's. 

UNLV just hit the motherlode and everyone is f*cking JELLLLLLY

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

That was Asswipe’s final year at UCLA.

they also finished 2nd in conference that year, better than they did this year.

Stick to what you know-bus schedules and how many feet away you’re allowed from an elementary school.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

There’s no downside to playing in Allegiant Stadium.  And if/when UNLV gets it going, there will be a push to get an on campus stadium.

No downside at all.  I bet the Utes would trade stadiums in a heartbeat if they could.  UteNumbnuts has too much pride to admit this, though.

11 hours ago, RebelTexan said:

No downside at all.  I bet the Utes would trade stadiums in a heartbeat if they could.  UteNumbnuts has too much pride to admit this, though.

Nobody said the RAIDERS stadium was bad. It’s beautiful, it’s just not yours. And it’s built for the NFL.  The biggest example of this stadium not being built for UNLV is size. UNLV would be more comfortable in a 15-30k seat place.

As far as trading, I’ll keep ours because it was built for college football and to hold 55k. We also have 11k ft mountain peaks just a few miles away to stare at in the fall  Colors, snow capped peaks. 

On 5/8/2021 at 11:54 PM, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Right here shows you don’t know $hit. The Warriors fan base has always been solid and sold out even when they sucked. It’s one of the most loyal fan bases in the NBA. Look it up and educate yourself. 

Niners are always kings of the Bay. Been sold out since the early 80’s.  In some down years fans don’t always show up 100% (but they mostly do because season tickets holders sell tickets through the outlets) but the stadium is 100% sold out to season ticket holders and has been for more than 40 years. 

I think the A’s are the third most winningest team in the history of baseball behind the Yankees and Cardinals. They just need a new ballpark in the worst way. Now that the Raiders are gone they will get one.  Giants are sold out and been strong since they got the new ballpark 20 years ago.  Sharks are solid, they win and are always sold out. 

On 5/9/2021 at 12:00 AM, Rebels18 said:

Vegas will take them too!

Told ya!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

23 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

they also finished 2nd in conference that year, better than they did this year.

Stick to what you know-bus schedules and how many feet away you’re allowed from an elementary school.

In the 2018-2019 season, UCLA finished 9-9. That certainly wasn't 2nd.

In the 2019-2020 season, before COVID cancelled it, they were on a second half surge, but lost to notables such as Hofsta, BYU, and Cal State Fullerton. Close game vs LBSU. They entered conference play at 7-6.

I expect attendance to be closer to 10K, if things are back to "normal"

12 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

In the 2018-2019 season, UCLA finished 9-9. That certainly wasn't 2nd.

In the 2019-2020 season, before COVID cancelled it, they were on a second half surge, but lost to notables such as Hofsta, BYU, and Cal State Fullerton. Close game vs LBSU. They entered conference play at 7-6.

I expect attendance to be closer to 10K, if things are back to "normal"

2019-20 UCLA lost 12 games, 2020-21 UCLA lost 10 games

without a monster run in the tournament (all credit due to Cronin who I think is an excellent coach and will bring UCLA back to a top 5 program) attendance is still dwindling at Pauley Pavilion. That final four run will greatly help next year, but college basketball isn't what it was even a decade ago.  It is completely bizarre to me how a program with the history of UCLA ever has attendance problems, but I've watched it happen with my own school (not to equate UCLA's history with Utah's)

On 5/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, Rebels18 said:

We have our own stadium. Equal tenant lease agreement with the LVCA and Raiders. If you can see the stadium from standing anywhere on campus, it's yours! That's the rule!

Going to be a bit cavernous with lack of fans till the wins start piling up, but let's not pretend Allegiant Stadium isn't going to be the most luxurious atmosphere to catch a college football game in the country. Gonna be sweeeeeeeet. Air conditioning, cocktail service, gourmet concessions, and all the $16 beers I can drink to keep the common rabble (Wyoming fans) out!!

When my friends and I come to town, your daughters/ girlfriend/ wife make a beeline for us. They love seeing 20's filling up the waistbands of their thongs. I'm the guy the stadium bartender brings the drinks out to when he sees me in line. Although I have enough class not to, I'm the guy who can show up at Joel Robuchon without a reservation and get seated right away.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

9 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

When my friends and I come to town, your daughters/ girlfriend/ wife make a beeline for us. They love seeing 20's filling up the waistbands of their thongs. I'm the guy the stadium bartender brings the drinks out to when he sees me in line. Although I have enough class not to, I'm the guy who can show up at Joel Robuchon without a reservation and get seated right away.

Guys like you are a dime a dozen in this town

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

LOL your ego is so cringe its unreal

@Wyovanian is the literal guy that thinks he's a Vegas player because he tips 30%+ sometimes when he doesn't realize he's just getting put together by strippers, bartenders, valets, etc. You're a mark, bro

Try being a good tipper without being a weirdo about it

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif