Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

UNLV Football Springball Documentary

We have the best dance moves in the MWC and our head coach has the largest Jordans collection this side of the Mississippi Priorities!! ..No lube allowed in 2022!! UNLV is busting into this conference DRY!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 minute ago, AztecMD said:

That is awesome and GREAT for recruiting.  Wish SDSU would do something like this.  If you guys had built your own stadium you could be a west coast power.

We have our own stadium. Equal tenant lease agreement with the LVCA and Raiders. If you can see the stadium from standing anywhere on campus, it's yours! That's the rule!

Going to be a bit cavernous with lack of fans till the wins start piling up, but let's not pretend Allegiant Stadium isn't going to be the most luxurious atmosphere to catch a college football game in the country. Gonna be sweeeeeeeet. Air conditioning, cocktail service, gourmet concessions, and all the $16 beers I can drink to keep the common rabble (Wyoming fans) out!!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

30 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

We have our own stadium. Equal tenant lease agreement with the LVCA and Raiders. If you can see the stadium from standing anywhere on campus, it's yours! That's the rule!

Going to be a bit cavernous with lack of fans till the wins start piling up, but let's not pretend Allegiant Stadium isn't going to be the most luxurious atmosphere to catch a college football game in the country. Gonna be sweeeeeeeet. Air conditioning, cocktail service, gourmet concessions, and all the $16 beers I can drink to keep the common rabble (Wyoming fans) out!!

Lol at UNLV being a partner in this stadium. They are nothing more than a welfare subsidy. They brought zero to the table financially to build it. The Raiders, the NFL, Las Vegas residents AND tourists built the stadium. 

UNLV pays a lease to cover game day expenses and get to keep their own game day revenue..

One fancy UNLV lawyer made sure UNLV wouldn’t be left behind.  I already smoked your brother @RebelRoberton him claiming  “this is our stadium” a few weeks ago.  You guys got lucky and brought zero.

As far as the video. Does the coach realize UNLV has been a complete dumpster fire for decades? Seems like he thinks it’s hip hop dance time at the spring break weekend club. He might want to get these morons in the weight room rather than playing at a paintball facility. What a goon. 

BTW, I wonder if the dance contest will still be going after September 11th?

If Arroyo can ever get things rolling down there the West division is going to become a real meat grinder. It'll be interesting to see what how well the Rebs do next season.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

25 minutes ago, utenation said:

Lol at UNLV being a partner in this stadium. They are nothing more than a welfare subsidy. They brought zero to the table financially to build it. The Raiders, the NFL, Las Vegas residents AND tourists built the stadium. 

UNLV pays a lease to cover game day expenses and get to keep their own game day revenue..

One fancy UNLV lawyer made sure UNLV wouldn’t be left behind.  I already smoked your brother @RebelRoberton him claiming  “this is our stadium” a few weeks ago.  You guys got lucky and brought zero.

As far as the video. Does the coach realize UNLV has been a complete dumpster fire for decades? Seems like he thinks it’s hip hop dance time at the spring break weekend club. He might want to get these morons in the weight room rather than playing at a paintball facility. What a goon. 

Mind your business

48 minutes ago, utenation said:

LOL grandpa woke up cranky from his nappy poo. UNLV has to pay gameday operating expenses just like every team pays to open the doors on Saturday or Sunday. Cost of Doing Business. Current estimates are between $100,000-$250,000 per game. That's quite an uptick from the gameday operating expenses of $50,000 UNLV paid for Sam Boyd.

But still a drop in the bucket for the upgrade in facilities and expected ticket and concession revenue. But UNLV doesn't have to pay a single DIME in fixed costs. Read the lease agreement grandpa! You smoked' Robert's pole on this subject too? I hope he left you some cab fair on the dresser if you were just as braindead discussing it with with him as you are with me.

When you do read the lease you'll also read that UNLV gets $3.5 million per year for 10 years in waterfall payments to offset other Sam Boyd Revenue. Add that with getting our own locker rooms, training facilities, offices, and permanent signage in the stadium as well?? SWEET DEAL.

Jealous programs can attempt to sh*t on UNLV's glorious facility and $$ windfall all you want. We are sitting pretty!!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

23 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

LOL grandpa woke up cranky from his nappy poo. UNLV has to pay gameday operating expenses just like every team pays to open the doors on Saturday or Sunday. Cost of Doing Business. Current estimates are between $100,000-$250,000 per game. That's quite an uptick from the gameday operating expenses of $50,000 UNLV paid for Sam Boyd.

But still a drop in the bucket for the upgrade in facilities and expected ticket and concession revenue. But UNLV doesn't have to pay a single DIME in fixed costs. Read the lease agreement grandpa! You smoked' Robert's pole on this subject too? I hope he left you some cab fair on the dresser if you were just as braindead discussing it with with him as you are with me.

When you do read the lease you'll also read that UNLV gets $3.5 million per year for 10 years in waterfall payments to offset other Sam Boyd Revenue. Add that with getting our own locker rooms, training facilities, offices, and permanent signage in the stadium as well?? SWEET DEAL.

Jealous programs can attempt to sh*t on UNLV's glorious facility and $$ windfall all you want. We are sitting pretty!!

Let’s recap. How much money did UNLV put in for construction?

Next: Why hasn’t UNLV built a new stadium before the Raiders came to town?

UNLV is just a welfare subsidy. Btw, I wonder how 3k fans will look in a 65K seat joint? But at least they will put your logo on the field for a few hours. 

1 hour ago, King Spartan said:

If Arroyo can ever get things rolling down there the West division is going to become a real meat grinder. It'll be interesting to see what how well the Rebs do next season.

I only see 2-3 wins next year, but that’s not an indictment on Marcus Arroyo.  It takes time in football.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

Why do you use the word "goon" to describe Arroyo?  Why are you so emotionally invested in the Rebs?

34 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

Why do you use the word "goon" to describe Arroyo?  Why are you so emotionally invested in the Rebs?

I guess I was just confused. Is coach getting the boys ready for an FBS footnall season or holding auditions for Soul Train?

You’d figure a guy that just went 0-6 might take things seriously.

22 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

Why are you so emotionally invested in the Rebs?

I was wondering the exact same thing and came to the conclusion he’s just a sad little man.

Allegiant is one of the best in the country but despite having UNLV signage in some areas it was built for the NFL.  In a couple years you will see that it’s a bad deal to share a stadium with an nfl team.  I wish UNLV-Now had gone through but oh well. 

14 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

I was wondering the exact same thing and came to the conclusion he’s just a sad little man.

The Rebs live rent-free in UteNation's head cause he/she spends hours everyday responding to just about every post in every thread related to Unlv on this board.  I give 2 sh..ts about the Utes, never really ever thought about them unless the Rebs are getting ready to play 'em.  

8 minutes ago, AztecMD said:

Allegiant is one of the best in the country but despite having UNLV signage in some areas it was built for the NFL.  In a couple years you will see that it’s a bad deal to share a stadium with an nfl team.  I wish UNLV-Now had gone through but oh well. 

UNLV had no options. There is zero interest and fan support for UNLV in Vegas. It will get even worse once The Raiders play a few seasons.

Nobody in town was going to build a stadium for this embarrassment of an athletic department. So it was either stay at Sam Boyd with no fans or hitch their wagon to the Raiders with no fans.

At least they will have a nicer empty apartment this time.

12 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

The Rebs live rent-free in UteNation's head cause he/she spends hours everyday responding to just about every post in every thread related to Unlv on this board.  I give 2 sh..ts about the Utes, never really ever thought about them unless the Rebs are getting ready to play 'em.  

Lol. Who lives in who’s head?  Getting you guys fired up is too easy. And you bite each time.. classic. 

Btw, wouldn’t the correct saying be “I couldn’t give 2 shits about the Utes” ? Saying what you said implies you care brother. 

Most likely a UNLV grad....

1 minute ago, utenation said:

Lol. Who lives in who’s head?  Getting you guys fired up is too easy. And you bite each time.. classic. 

Btw, wouldn’t the correct saying be “I couldn’t give 2 shits about the Utes? Saying could implies you care brother. 

Most likely a UNLV grad....

I’ve said this numerous times but the posters he replies to the most are actually trolling him. If they weren’t so good at what they do, he wouldn’t always be baited back into the threads and conversations. 

5 minutes ago, utenation said:

That’s something somebody who is obsessed would say.

2 hours ago, utenation said:

Pete's been pretty successful at USC and Seattle for the past 20 years doing the same thing.  Kids like a coach who let's them be themselves and let's them have a good time.  You act like all they are doing at spring practice is teaching dance moves and not practicing football.  Why do you comment on UNLV topics more than UNLV fans?  UNLV basketball is at an all time low and football has been awful forever, yet here you are everyday commenting on ANYTHING UNLV.  Is being a UTE fan that boring?  I get that some of the UNLV people on this site are a bit over the top, and say some delusional shit, but are they really that interesting and that amusing to you, that you have to follow every UNLV thread and insert yourself into everything UNLV everyday, several times a day?

14 minutes ago, utenation said:

UNLV had no options. There is zero interest and fan support for UNLV in Vegas. It will get even worse once The Raiders play a few seasons.

Nobody in town was going to build a stadium for this embarrassment of an athletic department. So it was either stay at Sam Boyd with no fans or hitch their wagon to the Raiders with no fans.

At least they will have a nicer empty apartment this time.

More proof you have a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth. There was a backup plan in place to build UNLV an on campus stadium in the event the Raiders Stadium never happened. UNLV would have been required to raise $200 million in 2  years, but UNLV was always Going to be playing in a new stadium. Google is your friend