Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

The Dwindling CSU Rams Fan Crisis----Attempting to Fix the Problem

On 5/9/2021 at 5:38 PM, #1Stunner said:

I agree that Sonny Lubick was AWESOME.   Why can't they get another guy like that?.

You are a Forest Green and Gold guy? 

Really.... 

OK, some folks like it still, I'll give you that.   But talking about their low student attendance and fan support.   Don't you at least agree that they need help modernizing it?

I like originality so nicknames like "Aztecs" and uni colors like CSU has. Low student attendance and fan support has as much to do about one after another of bad coaching hires as anything.

"Mediocrity, thy name is Steve Addazio"

- From Plato's Republic

I wonder if attendance would increase if they didn't play their home games at 8 pm local time.

Must be hard for whatever Denver fans there are to travel 70 miles home at midnight (especially after watching the team lose consistently these past few years).

Playing games at 8 pm on a Saturday night on CBSSN, a network that is not accessible on basic cable surely won't help.  Consider the fact that the team hasn't even come close to winning a conference title ever since Utah hired Urban Meyer (winter/spring of 2003), and you will have a fan base that is filled with apathy.

3 hours ago, justsurvive said:

Playing games at 8 pm on a Saturday night on CBSSN, a network that is not accessible on basic cable surely won't help.  Consider the fact that the team hasn't even come close to winning a conference title ever since Utah hired Urban Meyer (winter/spring of 2003), and you will have a fan base that is filled with apathy.

Let’s put it this way. We packed Hughes (even for late games) when McElwain was here and winning. Then came Bobo.  Less apathy than frustration, but yeah, some apathy. 

Winning covers a multitude of "sins." Just win. I like CSU's colors and they stand out from other programs in the MWC.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

1 hour ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Winning covers a multitude of "sins." Just win. I like CSU's colors and they stand out from other programs in the MWC.

They'd really stand out if we'd "just win", as you say.

CSU needs to change their apparel provider for the athletes to wear on the field. Just look how much Fresno changed when they signed on with Nike years ago and gave them the brand that made the Dogs be like the Oregon Ducks.  This in turn gave them a winning mentality. Will see if Adidas can do the same with the current Dogs.

1 hour ago, smithy said:

CSU needs to change their apparel provider for the athletes to wear on the field. Just look how much Fresno changed when they signed on with Nike years ago and gave them the brand that made the Dogs be like the Oregon Ducks.  This in turn gave them a winning mentality. Will see if Adidas can do the same with the current Dogs.

Yeah, we need to go back to Russell.  We haven't been worth a crap since we started trying to look fancy and somehow forgot our school colors.  Honestly, I think that's more an issue with the AD/Coach wanting to look cool.  They could easily tell UA "NO, that looks stupid".

On 5/7/2021 at 4:53 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

Interesting theory but you're overthinking it and you forgot the most basic reason.

It just sucks to be a CSU Ram.

I said it sucks to be a CSU Ram.

Once more it sucks to be a CSU Ram!

43D4CF94-62C2-414B-9024-65A3E20A1982.jpeg