Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

The Dwindling CSU Rams Fan Crisis----Attempting to Fix the Problem

On 5/8/2021 at 11:10 AM, NevadaFan said:

Ok. This all makes sense now. I wondered how you had so much free time on your hands. 

And his efforts have been slipping recently.  It does explain a lot.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
21 minutes ago, RSF said:

And his efforts have been slipping recently.  It does explain a lot.

^^^

Ever since I called this guy out as a TCU Trust Fund Kid (TCU has $51,000 per year tuition), this guy chases me around the board.

LOL!   Daddy's Money ^^^

Guest #1Stunner
On 5/7/2021 at 5:57 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Those colors ROCK. So do the helmets.

CSU made a homerun hire with Sonny Lubick. However, Steve Fairchild was only good at stealing SD high school kids out from under the nose of Ted Tollner when Ted was on the links - which word is was way too often - and Tom Terrific Craft. McElwain was a good but not great hire and since then Mike - cough, cough - Bobo and another guy which history shows will hover around .500, Steve "2.0" Addazio.

AD Joe Parker is an idiot . . . . . . . . . . . . so Joe Parker fits CSU to a T.

I agree that Sonny Lubick was AWESOME.   Why can't they get another guy like that?.

You are a Forest Green and Gold guy? 

Really.... 

OK, some folks like it still, I'll give you that.   But talking about their low student attendance and fan support.   Don't you at least agree that they need help modernizing it?

Guest #1Stunner
On 5/7/2021 at 10:10 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

wow someone is really, really, really, really, really, bored.

Lester, you don't even know, brother....

Friday was a slow, watch DOGECOIN sort of day.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree that Sonny Lubick was AWESOME.   Why can't they get another guy like that?.

You are a Forest Green and Gold guy? 

Really.... 

OK, some folks like it still, I'll give you that.   But talking about their low student attendance and fan support.   Don't you at least agree that they need help modernizing it?

First of all, there isn't another guy like that.  They broke the freaking mold after Sonny was created.

Secondly, our attendance issues are real.  They are due to a lack of W's and fans making a stance that Bobo had to go.  We'll recover nicely, but thanks for your interest in CSU football.

Uniforms?  Is this modern enough for you?  I'm not a fan, but they're a pretty big hit.

Screen+Shot+2019-10-29+at+2.02.01+PM.png

37 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

First of all, there isn't another guy like that.  They broke the freaking mold after Sonny was created.

Secondly, our attendance issues are real.  They are due to a lack of W's and fans making a stance that Bobo had to go.  We'll recover nicely, but thanks for your interest in CSU football.

Uniforms?  Is this modern enough for you?  I'm not a fan, but they're a pretty big hit.

IMHO, that's getting a bit desperate for recognition/attention. If CSU had blue and red colors, it would probably be OK for one game. A similar desperation would be like UNLV wearing Nevada uniforms. 

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That’s the ugliest uni I’ve ever seen except for some of Tulane’s garbage. The snail logo helmets are disgusting no matter what color they are. The Rams think the CO A&M orange is cool, but it’s horrible, especially with green. Stick to the traditional Ram colors and uni’s and don’t fix what ain’t broke.

The ugliest are Maryland’s. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/aaFp5z1XNyEsF4HQ9

52 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

IMHO, that's getting a bit desperate for recognition/attention. If CSU had blue and red colors, it would probably be OK for one game. A similar desperation would be like UNLV wearing Nevada uniforms. 

Desperation?  What a dumbass.  Those are State Pride uniforms.  They are flying the state colors.  Other schools have followed suit.  I prefer the traditional Green and Gold, but it's one of the most highly rated uniforms in CFB, and it exists to honor the state.

7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

If I were you, I’d be spending a lot more time trolling Wyoming’s piss and poop uni’s. In case you want to paint a car these colors (example: Guards Red is the famous Porsche red color they use), they are Cowboy Piss Yellow and Cow Turd Brown.

You think.  Wyoming recruited my nephew.  I asked him if he was going to wear piss and poo.  

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

These are really cool special occasion uniforms, but not for every game.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Nevada has a boring State flag, though. 

49 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

These are really cool special occasion uniforms, but not for every game.

I would storm the McGraw Center if they tried to wear them for ever game.  Coolest uniforms on the planet and I'm not even sure they should wear them every year. If so, I'd save them for the Poke game, and that's it.

Gold pants, green tops, and the classic RAM helmet should be the standard, and we should stick to the standard.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Desperation?  What a dumbass.  Those are State Pride uniforms.  They are flying the state colors.  Other schools have followed suit.  I prefer the traditional Green and Gold, but it's one of the most highly rated uniforms in CFB, and it exists to honor the state.

You honestly think I didn’t know that? LOL Jesus H. Christ. It’s always been a big struggle for CSU to compete with Colorado in terms of relevancy. That’s obvious to everyone that’s paid attention to the rivalry over the years. I love homers that say CSU can claim the Denver market. 

Desperation is Buffalo pimping themselves as “New York”, or SMU pimping themselves as “Dallas”.  I could see Colorado use the Colorado colors and logo as a one time deal because they’re the flagship university and the top dog in athletics and in conference as a P5 in the state. 

But for CSU to grab and use that just seems like another attempt to look like they are up there as the top dog representatives for Colorado, or at least being toe to toe with Colorado. CSU will probably always be the little brother that wants so bad to be his big brother. The only way to become more relevant is on the field or court, not using uniforms or any other gimmicks. 

kat.jpg

18 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You honestly think I didn’t know that? LOL Jesus H. Christ. It’s always been a big struggle for CSU to compete with Colorado in terms of relevancy. That’s obvious to everyone that’s paid attention to the rivalry over the years. I love homers that say CSU can claim the Denver market. 

Desperation is Buffalo pimping themselves as “New York”, or SMU pimping themselves as “Dallas”.  I could see Colorado use the Colorado colors and logo as a one time deal because they’re the flagship university and the top dog in athletics and in conference as a P5 in the state. 

But for CSU to grab and use that just seems like another attempt to look like they are up there as the top dog representatives for Colorado, or at least being toe to toe with Colorado. CSU will probably always be the little brother that wants so bad to be his big brother. The only way to become more relevant is on the field or court, not using uniforms or any other gimmicks. 

You really are as dumb as advertised.

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

You really are as dumb as advertised.

There’s nothing dumber than a fan of a crappy FB program that thinks cool uniforms, whether they’re “State Pride”, adding A&M orange, adding a killer snail logo on the helmets, etc, move the needle in relevancy. I agree with you that the traditional uni’s should be the standard, but you use the orange enough to prove you have an identity crisis. You should also never even consider putting on the state logo and colors if you’re just going to embarrass the State of CO with the state of your FB program being Wyoming brown poop. 

You’d be better off taking that attitude of yours and applying it to your school president for screwing up the FB program with bad hires, and allowing the AD to write crappy contracts that aren’t heavy on required performance to make what the coach wants. If the coach fails, it’s much easier to buy them out and dump them. I’m sure Doug Knuth would be happy to send him a template of what he uses. 

kat.jpg

17 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

There’s nothing dumber than a fan of a crappy FB program that thinks cool uniforms, whether they’re “State Pride”, adding A&M orange, adding a killer snail logo on the helmets, etc, move the needle in relevancy. I agree with you that the traditional uni’s should be the standard, but you use the orange enough to prove you have an identity crisis. You should also never even consider putting on the state logo and colors if you’re just going to embarrass the State of CO with the state of your FB program being Wyoming brown poop. 

You’d be better off taking that attitude of yours and applying it to your school president for screwing up the FB program with bad hires, and allowing the AD to write crappy contracts that aren’t heavy on required performance to make what the coach wants. If the coach fails, it’s much easier to buy them out and dump them. I’m sure Doug Knuth would be happy to send him a template of what he uses. 

You reek of jealousy to this day. I had hoped you would overcome that way back when we allowed you to join us.  I’m disappointed. 

Serious question...what can we (your MWC family) do to help you address your mental health (don’t be ashamed, it’s common these days) issues. I’m here to help bro. I’m reaching out. This entire board is full of good folks. We’ve got you.  

Just open up. 

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

You reek of jealousy to this day. I had hoped you would overcome that way back when we allowed you to join us.  I’m disappointed. 

Serious question...what can we (your MWC family) do to help you address your mental health (don’t be ashamed, it’s common these days) issues. I’m here to help bro. I’m reaching out. This entire board is full of good folks. We’ve got you.  

Just open up. 

Making up problems for other people is a nifty mis-direct to avoid dealing with your issues as a CSU fan. But if you want to do something for the MWC family, stop embarrassing the crap out of us in FB. Shake your president and AD’s cage, even go look in your intramural sports and sign some flag football play makers. They just may do better.

You might try moving a few of your home games back to Hughes. Then when you bring them back, you might get a new stadium attendance boost out of it. How’s that for an out of the box idea? I mean out of the stadium idea. 

I’ll pray for you.......just PayPal me a $50 offering every Sunday. Cheaper than a CSU home game ticket in the nose bleeds. I make no guarantees of results, though. As Touchdown Jesus once said, “Faith without works means an awful FB season.” So you have to do all the work yourself. TD Jesus is basically saying that getting a miracle every Saturday is out of the question....especially when Notre Dame needs so many. You have to earn it. 

kat.jpg

I don’t hate the CSU alternates at all.  In fact I wish all teams would have a bold alternate to throw out there a game a year.  It really can drum up school pride and interest.  The UCF space game unis are as sharp as they come.  That said it’s also important to have an identifiable image when you think ______ football.  I am in favor of otherwise traditional jerseys for the most part because of that.  It doesn’t really matter how ‘ugly’ they are because many ‘iconic’ teams have god awful traditional uniforms.  I also happen to like Tulane’s jersey.