Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

The Dwindling CSU Rams Fan Crisis----Attempting to Fix the Problem

Guest #1Stunner

OK, CSU is in desperate need of help....

Their fanbase is shrinking, and it is baffling why (until you dive into it).     Yes, they were amazing during the Sonny Lubick years... Remember Bradley Van Pelt? 

But, they haven't moved on from the 1990s style.   No wonder they have no fans under the age of 35.  

Is it time for CSU to UPDATE the School Colors? Here is the current look:  Forest Green and Gold (very 1990s).   It was a fresh look in the 90s, but looks outdated now. 

usa_today_13727432.jpg

91_green_camel.png

green-ford-aerostar-minivan-cars-in-holl

Guest #1Stunner

Gold trim was apparently huge in the 90s...   Not so much now.

Other teams have recognized the problem, and have changed the colors slightly to freshen the look.

NFL RAMS:

549768_10150700709738484_113735558483_92

usatsi_8897869.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Pelado said:

Have they tried being good at any sports?  That's what I would recommend.

Which comes first, the chicken or the egg?

Apparently, recruits are influenced by things like how good they think the uniforms look. 

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Their fanbase is shrinking, and it is baffling why (until you dive into it).     Yes, they were amazing during the Sonny Lubick years... Remember Bradley Van Pelt? 

But, they haven't moved on from the 1990s style.   No wonder they have no fans under the age of 35.  

Is it time for CSU to UPDATE the School Colors? Here is the current look:  Forest Green and Gold (very 1990s).   It was a fresh look in the 90s, but looks outdated now. 

usa_today_13727432.jpg

91_green_camel.png

green-ford-aerostar-minivan-cars-in-holl

Interesting theory but you're overthinking it and you forgot the most basic reason.

It just sucks to be a CSU Ram.

I said it sucks to be a CSU Ram.

Once more it sucks to be a CSU Ram!

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Interesting theory but you're overthinking it and you forgot the most basic reason.

It just sucks to be a CSU Ram.

I said it sucks to be a CSU Ram.

Once more it sucks to be a CSU Ram!

Don't say hurtful things.  

This is about giving CSU a fresh perspective.   They have a branding / uniform problem.  

48 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This is about giving CSU a fresh perspective.   They have a branding / uniform problem.  

I'm just a truth teller.  Sometimes the truth hurts.  You offer false hope which in the end is more hurtful than the tough truth.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

usa_today_13727432.jpg

91_green_camel.png

Those colors ROCK. So do the helmets.

CSU made a homerun hire with Sonny Lubick. However, Steve Fairchild was only good at stealing SD high school kids out from under the nose of Ted Tollner when Ted was on the links - which word is was way too often - and Tom Terrific Craft. McElwain was a good but not great hire and since then Mike - cough, cough - Bobo and another guy which history shows will hover around .500, Steve "2.0" Addazio.

AD Joe Parker is an idiot . . . . . . . . . . . . so Joe Parker fits CSU to a T.

On 5/7/2021 at 5:12 PM, #1Stunner said:

This was an attempt...

Not sure if it brought in the young fans.

607337038.jpg

That’s the ugliest uni I’ve ever seen except for some of Tulane’s garbage. The snail logo helmets are disgusting no matter what color they are. The Rams think the CO A&M orange is cool, but it’s horrible, especially with green. Stick to the traditional Ram colors and uni’s and don’t fix what ain’t broke.

kat.jpg

On 5/7/2021 at 6:59 PM, #1Stunner said:

If I were you, I’d be spending a lot more time trolling Wyoming’s piss and poop uni’s. In case you want to paint a car these colors (example: Guards Red is the famous Porsche red color they use), they are Cowboy Piss Yellow and Cow Turd Brown.

kat.jpg