Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

The mask shitshow continues

2 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Why? People like bob are just going to lie so they can continue their mass murder spree. Gotta make them prove they’re vaccinated otherwise public spaces are shuttered to them.

No! They choose to not vaccinate they bear the brunt of the risk. You can choose to mitigate your own risk because they vaccine is available to anyone who wants one now. If Bob wants to lie then it poses no threat to me anymore because I am fully vaccinated. Time to ditch the masks. 

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I am guessing sarcasm on his part.  Like Joe said, it's more effort than good and you are only freaking out on people who are on the lowest end of the decision-making totem pole.

Yes it was being sarcastic. I am terrible at public temper tantrums. But still, masks at this point are dumb. The vaccine is available to anyone who wants one, and the only people left at risk our  are anti vaxxers who choose to take the risk. 

Time to put mask behind us. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Oh without a doubt. It's it's own universe. Oakland kind of fits in there too. Collectively, it's the closest thing to Berlin that exists in the US. Places like Austin and others that are always bragging to people about how "weird" they are really wish they had the weirdness of The City. There's no place like it.

I haven't traveled as extensively as you but our travels seem to be almost totally complementary. I've found the same to be true. SF isn't just weird for the US, it's globally first class in that department. In the western hemisphere I think only Buenos Aires and Mexico DF are on the same level. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. Haha. they do seem that way at times. As far as your point about first class global weirdness, I'd agree; there's few places that rival it. Beirut, to be sure is in that same category, so is Berlin. Paris even. There's a few others too. You're right that Mexico CIty fits into that category too. Definitely, and I've never been to BA but it's high on my list of places to visit.

New Orleans is SF's only real rival in the US in that regard IMO. Even then, SF wins. It's the Paris of the United States.

Joe the fact that you haven't been to Argentina is a goddamn tragedy. At least in the mid aughts Argentina, even bum+++++ nowhere Argentina, was nightly carousing, drinking, casual sex, girls casually discussing how while skirts are uncomfortable they make getting +++++ed in the disco's darker places easier, going to the bars or clubs at 2 because that way you can safely walk home in the daylight. And that was the junior high kids. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I haven't traveled as extensively as you but our travels seem to be almost totally complementary. I've found the same to be true. SF isn't just weird for the US, it's globally first class in that department. In the western hemisphere I think only Buenos Aires and Mexico DF are on the same level. 

I must not have been to the same areas of Buenos Aires as you. I didn't find any areas anywhere close to SF wierdness. Granted I  was mainly in the upscale and tourist areas but that is a great City. SF used to be as well.

17 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I must not have been to the same areas of Buenos Aires as you. I didn't find any areas anywhere close to SF wierdness. Granted I  was mainly in the upscale and tourist areas but that is a great City. SF used to be as well.

One thing about SF is that it is physically tiny, and only what? 600k? BA is pushing 15 mil. It's probably more reasonable to compare BA to the entire Bay with the artsy area like SF but... my point stands. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

E1TJId-XEAkrb4a?format=jpg&name=900x900

I gotta admit the "well I don't care what the CDC says I'm still gonna wear my mask!!!!!!" is making me eye roll so hard I might stroke out. Goddamn what did these people think masks and vaccinations were for in the first place

Just now, Joe from WY said:

It's a very small place...area wise, Boise is 2x the size of SF; SF is even smaller than Billings, MT, area-wise. There's close to 900k people living here too. So, almost the entire population of Montana in a place the size of Billings; and people wonder why land/buildings are expensive here.

dayum. that puts it in stark contrast. now I'm wondering if SF is only averagely weird for that many people but there just isn't enough space for the weirdness to hide. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

One thing about SF is that it is physically tiny, and only what? 600k? BA is pushing 15 mil. It's probably more reasonable to compare BA to the entire Bay with the artsy area like SF but... my point stands. 

ok I finished wondering. SF is definitely more weird per person too but the size makes it also easier to see for a double whammy. 

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

We need a poll. What MWCBoard member is most likely to wear their mask, alone, outside while fully vaccinated. My choice is a tie between @Del Scorchoand @TheSanDiegan

Mad Max Still Looks Incredible Without Special Effects

does this count or....

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

To me it's not worth the inconvenience of fighting with low wage workers at this point. Granted, when I go into the bodegas around here, nobody working in them is wearing them, and at many restaurants, if you take it off right after you order nobody cares. But there's still places where they'll scream at you at.

It takes them about 2 weeks lag time here to catch up to the CDC, so I imagine there'll be some proclamation from City Hall in the next week saying "Oh hey, we talked to God and it's actually safe to not wear masks outside (or inside) if you have been vaccinated!" and then all the people who were screaming and scowling will be doing the same thing they were screaming and scowling at people for last week, next week.

Yea considering I had COVID and got vaccinated I know me personally wearing a mask is pointless, in any context; but I’m not going to argue with some minimum wage cashier or barista over it. They didn’t make the policy and it’s not like they are getting “mask policy enforcement” bonus pay.

The only setting I’m tempted to rip my mask off and go full Karen in is at the gym. Holy shit can I not wait for gyms to drop the requirement. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

The Dear Leader attempts to speak English. 

Anyway, we all know the SCIENCE changed because the White House thought this would be good PR for them, or something. Probably to distract from the dumpsterfire that is America right now. It helps to have the existing bureaucracy work for you and not against you 24/7

1. science changing is literally the point of science bob

2. what makes you think "the science" changed? what do you think the point of vaccinations is? 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

1. science changing is literally the point of science bob

2. what makes you think "the science" changed? what do you think the point of vaccinations is? 

vaccinated people can stop wearing one, @Bob

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

The CDC as of a few hours ago said vaccinated people still needed to wear masks. WTF changed all the sudden?

they said indoors. probably...

tens of millions more people getting fully vaccinated

billions more vaccinated man-days worth of empirical evidence

infection rates in free fall due to vaccination rates exploding

most vulnerable population is the most vaccinated

so...ya know... lots of stuff

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

I know the whitehouse saying covid is over is going to be hard for you. lmfao

they said it's over for us. you still should be muzzled, sparky