modestobulldog

The mask shitshow continues

It's funny to see the "we believe in science" crowd be so anti-science but here we are.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bob said:

"The first people in human history to demand more restrictions from their own government". LMFAO so true.

bob you rail about restricting abortion rights, immigration rights, voting rights, trans rights, and basic civil liberties. You demand more restrictions from your own government ALL THE TIME. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I agree with the sentiment of wanting to burn the damn things, but I see us in the home stretch of the race. It's time to run through the finish line, not let up limp through it when we're so f*cking close... 

And vaccinating half the population doesn't cut it. To get on the back side of the pandemic, we need to reach herd immunity. And according to immunologists, epidemiologists, and virologists, we're gong to need to get to the 70ish parent mark to get there.

Otherwise, we're simply risking more additional waves and a continuation of this shite.

@Bob. Get your vaccine. Lets put this shit behind us. Tell your friends 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1
4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yes. All the time. They'll glare at you until you put your own safety at risk to walk in the roadway so you don't have to walk 4 feet around them. Still.

Has happened twice already today. Happened many times last night. Also though it depends on what part of town you're in. If you're where all the yuppies are at, the glares are aplenty. If you're in the barrio eating tacos, well, you're probably not the only one without a mask on.

Portland can be like that, too. Every now and again I'll get a glare here, but not often. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It's funny to see the "we believe in science" crowd be so anti-science but here we are.

don't call them that plz. they don't deserve it

• Like 1

We need the "prophet" of the LDS church to come out and say Jesus told him to tell everybody to get the vaccine. Would you get it then @Bob

• Confused 1
Just now, NVGiant said:

Portland can be like that, too. Every now and again I'll get a glare here, but not often. 

What's funny is if you go out to around Modesto to the hick towns out there, they'll give you the same glares you get here if you do wear a mask into somewhere. You really can't win in these parts.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The well has been poisoned, and it became emotional. And you know how that goes.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, happycamper said:

don't call them that plz. they don't deserve it

I just call them what they call themselves. After all, I see their signs all over their front yards, and the stickers on their Audi branded strollers they push their little hellians around in at Bernal Heights Park.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

We believe in the Political Science. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

What's funny is if you go out to around Modesto to the hick towns out there, they'll give you the same glares you get here if you do wear a mask into somewhere. You really can't win in these parts.

I went into a sportsman warehouse in Canyon County to get some supplies a while back and I got some hateful looks because I was wearing a mask. 

• Like 2
Just now, NVGiant said:

The well has been poisoned, and it became emotional. And you know how that goes.

Oh certainly. Much like the GOP went full on crazy trying to "own the libs", this is this crowd's attempt to "own the cons". Just emotional bullshit in any case.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Common sense and science - if you've been vaccinated, feel free to chuck the mask. However, such a position is associated with Trump, and the authoritarians can't handle that. They want us to continue wearing masks with no end in sight. These two hosts believe that an incentive for vaccination should be let you no longer need to wear a mask. Likewise, they feel that the masked mandate even after vaccination is a disincentive to become vaccinated.

More like Trumpers would just lie about being vaccinated and wouldn’t wear a mask.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Just now, bornontheblue said:

I went into a sportsman warehouse in Canyon County to get some supplies a while back and I got some hateful looks because I was wearing a mask. 

I went into a gas station in Oakdale (small town on the way to the Sierras) and had an old man start screaming at me because I had one on. I told him I had ebola and he shut up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Same. If I go to Redmond, a mere 15 miles north of where I live, you get that a little bit. I even got it here a couple of months ago when someone told me that if I was a patriot I would take off that mask. Living in a purple area is a trip. You can walk down the street, and within minutes you can get rundown for wearing a mask and get a stare down for not wearing one.

Crazy. It's become a virtue signal for both extremes.

• Cheers 1
4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

That's pretty funny.

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I just call them what they call themselves. After all, I see their signs all over their front yards, and the stickers on their Audi branded strollers they push their little hellians around in at Bernal Heights Park.

on the twitter thread a lot of them were walking that shit back :hahaha:

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

goddamn it stunner you're a pain in the ass for months on end and then you drop something like this and make all that not matter at all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

That was a good piece. God, I want to get away from all these people. From people like @Bobto the psychos who want masks in perpetuity, even if vaccinated, I just can't stand any of these assholes. 

If only everyone could be like you then the world would be perfect. You condescending liberal asshole.

• Idiot 1
1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I went into a gas station in Oakdale (small town on the way to the Sierras) and had an old man start screaming at me because I had one on. I told him I had ebola and he shut up.

I was in the drive through at a Starbucks here in Boise and the driver of the car behind me saw me put my mask on because it was almost my turn to take my order. He yelled out that it was Communists like me who were ruining Idaho. This was early on in the pandemic. Little did he know I was born and raised in this state, and voted for Trump twice. :lol:

• Haha 4
22 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

People need to stop f**king panicking about COVID and start looking at it in risk management terms.

Now you want this? NOW??

• Idiot 1