modestobulldog

The mask shitshow continues

1 minute ago, Bob said:

E1TJId-XEAkrb4a?format=jpg&name=900x900

I gotta admit the "well I don't care what the CDC says I'm still gonna wear my mask!!!!!!" is making me eye roll so hard I might stroke out. Goddamn what did these people think masks and vaccinations were for in the first place

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

One thing about SF is that it is physically tiny, and only what? 600k? BA is pushing 15 mil. It's probably more reasonable to compare BA to the entire Bay with the artsy area like SF but... my point stands. 

It's a very small place...area wise, Boise is 2x the size of SF; SF is even smaller than Billings, MT, area-wise. There's close to 900k people living here too. So, almost the entire population of Montana in a place the size of Billings; and people wonder why land/buildings are expensive here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Just now, Joe from WY said:

It's a very small place...area wise, Boise is 2x the size of SF; SF is even smaller than Billings, MT, area-wise. There's close to 900k people living here too. So, almost the entire population of Montana in a place the size of Billings; and people wonder why land/buildings are expensive here.

dayum. that puts it in stark contrast. now I'm wondering if SF is only averagely weird for that many people but there just isn't enough space for the weirdness to hide. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

One thing about SF is that it is physically tiny, and only what? 600k? BA is pushing 15 mil. It's probably more reasonable to compare BA to the entire Bay with the artsy area like SF but... my point stands. 

ok I finished wondering. SF is definitely more weird per person too but the size makes it also easier to see for a double whammy. 

• Like 1

The Dear Leader attempts to speak English. 

Anyway, we all know the SCIENCE changed because the White House thought this would be good PR for them, or something. Probably to distract from the dumpsterfire that is America right now. It helps to have the existing bureaucracy work for you and not against you 24/7

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

To me it's not worth the inconvenience of fighting with low wage workers at this point. Granted, when I go into the bodegas around here, nobody working in them is wearing them, and at many restaurants, if you take it off right after you order nobody cares. But there's still places where they'll scream at you at.

It takes them about 2 weeks lag time here to catch up to the CDC, so I imagine there'll be some proclamation from City Hall in the next week saying "Oh hey, we talked to God and it's actually safe to not wear masks outside (or inside) if you have been vaccinated!" and then all the people who were screaming and scowling will be doing the same thing they were screaming and scowling at people for last week, next week.

Yea considering I had COVID and got vaccinated I know me personally wearing a mask is pointless, in any context; but I’m not going to argue with some minimum wage cashier or barista over it. They didn’t make the policy and it’s not like they are getting “mask policy enforcement” bonus pay.

The only setting I’m tempted to rip my mask off and go full Karen in is at the gym. Holy shit can I not wait for gyms to drop the requirement. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Bob said:

The Dear Leader attempts to speak English. 

Anyway, we all know the SCIENCE changed because the White House thought this would be good PR for them, or something. Probably to distract from the dumpsterfire that is America right now. It helps to have the existing bureaucracy work for you and not against you 24/7

1. science changing is literally the point of science bob

2. what makes you think "the science" changed? what do you think the point of vaccinations is? 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

2. what makes you think "the science" changed? what do you think the point of vaccinations is? 

vaccinated people can stop wearing one, @Bob

• Cheers 1
19 minutes ago, happycamper said:

The CDC as of a few hours ago said vaccinated people still needed to wear masks. WTF changed all the sudden?

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Breathtakingly stupid

I know the whitehouse saying covid is over is going to be hard for you. lmfao

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Get vaccinated

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

The CDC as of a few hours ago said vaccinated people still needed to wear masks. WTF changed all the sudden?

they said indoors. probably...

tens of millions more people getting fully vaccinated

billions more vaccinated man-days worth of empirical evidence

infection rates in free fall due to vaccination rates exploding

most vulnerable population is the most vaccinated

so...ya know... lots of stuff

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

they said it's over for us. you still should be muzzled, sparky

Just now, Maynard Delecto said:

Making more sense now.

"san francisco: only weird in the castro"

-maynard

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, happycamper said:

"san francisco: only weird in the castro"

-maynard

That's the least weird place because you expect it to be weird when you get there. The weirdest things are when you're out in someplace like the Outer Sunset and see a bum who looks like Carlton from Fresh Prince, holding a machete, screaming at, and kicking a trash can repeatedly, before turning around upon hearing your footsteps, looking at you, and asking if you have "baking soda and water", then shrugging and going back to screaming at, and kicking the trash can when you tell him no and walk away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, happycamper said:

To inconveinience Bob.

• Haha 1