Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

The mask shitshow continues

Just now, Maynard Delecto said:

Making more sense now.

"san francisco: only weird in the castro"

-maynard

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

2. what makes you think "the science" changed? what do you think the point of vaccinations is? 

To inconveinience Bob.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

The CDC as of a few hours ago said vaccinated people still needed to wear masks. WTF changed all the sudden?

A tabulation of studies, mostly from Israel and US health workers, showing that the risk of infection after vaccination is very low, and if infection occurs in a vaccinated person it is almost always asymptomatic and does not spread easily. Very simple really. Read a mainstream newspaper. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

My weird SF experience. Probably not so weird for Joe Wyoming. An Idaho coworker that grew up in McCall Idaho and I had a temporary work assignment in Walnut Creek. He had never been to SF so one weekend we took Bart over to do the tourist thing.

We’re walking by a park downtown and some deranged dude starts screaming at my friend accusing him of being a Vietnam war criminal. This is ten years after the Vietnam war ended. My friend is going like what the phuck and the guy wouldn’t relent. He follows us for about a block screaming the whole time. I’m laughing but my friend is totally weirded out. 

The conjobs are pissed.... they have been trying to make the "end to mask announcement" for a year now.   Nobody believed their fraux declarations and Biden gets to claim it.   Watch them all refuse to take off their masks now:Clapping:

Posted Image

The masking at indoor restaurants is such a gimmick. You briefly wear a mask before taking it off while eating. How is that stopping airborne transmission? Some of the norms under COVID-19 are so silly

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

My weird SF experience. Probably not so weird for Joe Wyoming. An Idaho coworker that grew up in McCall Idaho and I had a temporary work assignment in Walnut Creek. He had never been to SF so one weekend we took Bart over to do the tourist thing.

We’re walking by a park downtown and some deranged dude starts screaming at my friend accusing him of being a Vietnam war criminal. This is ten years after the Vietnam war ended. My friend is going like what the phuck and the guy wouldn’t relent. He follows us for about a block screaming the whole time. I’m laughing but my friend is totally weirded out. 

God I love the city.

I'm getting my vaccination tomorrow. I was scheduled to get the J&J one shot vaccine weeks ago but the CDC put a hold on it. 

From what I heard on the news today I'll still have to wear a mask for two weeks after I get the shot. No biggie, I'll gladly wear it.

4 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

That's the least weird place because you expect it to be weird when you get there. The weirdest things are when you're out in someplace like the Outer Sunset and see a bum who looks like Carlton from Fresh Prince, holding a machete, screaming at, and kicking a trash can repeatedly, before turning around upon hearing your footsteps, looking at you, and asking if you have "baking soda and water", then shrugging and going back to screaming at, and kicking the trash can when you tell him no and walk away.

My favorite part is how nonchalant everybody around that dude would be. Like, they’ll look, then just go about their business. 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

God I love the city.

Back in my day, Sacramento homeless were crazier than San Francisco homeless. Wasn't close. 

Maybe things have changed.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

53 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They're all batshit crazy here, but a fair amount are docile and just sprawled out on the sidewalk +++++ed up on smack, however another portion seem to do a lot of crystal meth, and have a violent aura about them. And there's a shitload of them...but they're kind of concentrated in certain areas...in some neighborhoods, there's no homeless issue at all. It feels like suburbia. Others, there's semi-permanent tent cities on the sidewalks. And then there's some places like Mid-Market that feel like the Peshawar Smuggler's Bazaar crossed with a refugee camp. Which itself borders an insanely yuppie area.

It's hit or miss, really.

I ran in the Bay to Breakers race once. That was a real trip. There were 30,000-40,000 people  ranging from wearing nothing at all to all kinds of weird costumes. I think some normally dressed that way.  Do they still run that race? 

53 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I ran in the Bay to Breakers race once. That was a real trip. There were 30,000-40,000 people  ranging from wearing nothing at all to all kinds of weird costumes. I think some normally dressed that way.  Do they still run that race? 

I ran it as well, back when I was at SJSU. Yes, they still run it. https://www.facebook.com/events/757902668400395

Bay to Breakers, San Francisco, Running, Race, BARTable, BART

3 hours ago, Bob said:

All this was known months ago, tard. Read a paper yourself.

You’re the one who asked what changed. Unlike you some us don’t feel like our basic freedoms are being violated because there is an error on the side of caution about something so innocuous as wearing a mask during a pandemic. Especially with potential vectors like you around. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I'm considering wearing mine for a while after the mandate is lifted, just to toughen up all the snowflakes a little bit who are offended by what I put on my face. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

14 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Back in my day, Sacramento homeless were crazier than San Francisco homeless. Wasn't close. 

Maybe things have changed.

That's because their brains are baked each summer. Downtown Sac can be a pretty interesting place, too.

Just now, NVGiant said:

That's because their brains are baked each summer. Downtown Sac can be a pretty interesting place, too.

I always assumed it was because of the meth. But it was a thing for a while when I was living in Midtown, the bums out there and in downtown were unusually confrontational and aggressive. Regularly had people from the Bay and other places comment on it when they visited. One time I was eating a sandwich with a friend on some sidewalk seating at a restaurant, and a bum literally walked by and picked up half the sandwich right in front of my friend and started eating it and got agro when my friend told him he's punch him in the throat if he didn't put the sandwich down.

Downtown sac has changed a lot even since I lived there. I went to a NCAA tourney round there a few years back to see the new arena. Then my buddy and I went around DT and midtown, and it was nuts. Some of our regular haunts are gone, but some of them were full and overflowing in ways I really never saw it. 

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I always assumed it was because of the meth. But it was a thing for a while when I was living in Midtown, the bums out there and in downtown were unusually confrontational and aggressive. Regularly had people from the Bay and other places comment on it when they visited. One time I was eating a sandwich with a friend on some sidewalk seating at a restaurant, and a bum literally walked by and picked up half the sandwich right in front of my friend and started eating it and got agro when my friend told him he's punch him in the throat if he didn't put the sandwich down.

Downtown sac has changed a lot even since I lived there. I went to a NCAA tourney round there a few years back to see the new arena. Then my buddy and I went around DT and midtown, and it was nuts. Some of our regular haunts are gone, but some of them were full and overflowing in ways I really never saw it. 

Ha! Great story.

I went to a Kings game in 2019 just to check out the arena, and I was really impressed with all that was happening down there. Downtown Sac has always had a ton of potential.