Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

The mask shitshow continues

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Maybe Gavin saw the recall polls

You mean the ones that show only 35% supporting a recall? No way it will succeed. It’s pretty much a partisan issue, with the majority of independents opposed to the recall. It will not succeed. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

9 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

You mean the ones that show only 35% supporting a recall? No way it will succeed. It’s pretty much a partisan issue, with the majority of independents opposed to the recall. It will not succeed. 

The state is handing out $600 stimmies to like 2/3 of CA families due to the budget surplus.  The recall is dead in the +++++ing water, CA having a really easy process to get a recall onto the ballot doesn't make up for republicans being massively outnumbered in CA.

I don't even like newsome but whatever republican crank made it through the hypothetical recall field would be miles worse.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:51 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I once walked right by a woman sleeping naked in front of a liquor store in SF. I was with 3 other people who had all lived in the city for some time, two of whom had grown up and lived most of their lives there. You didn’t need me to tell you that though. You could tell by our reactions who was who.

tell me you've spent a long time in SF without telling me you've spent a long time in SF

my only weirdo SF story is pretty tame

was at the train station around 10PM on a friday night waiting for a train back to palo alto.  was wearing a utah state football hoodie.  this homeless lady with her cart kept giving me a weird eye.  i know better than to look back, so i tried to just avoid it.  she finally walks up to me and says "utah.  utah state."  then gets pretty excited, smiling: "wait, are you Mormon?!?!"

i think "oh maybe she's on good terms with missionaries, cool" as a lot of the homeless folks in France were always kind to missionaries while I was there.  I smile back and say "yeah, I am!" and she PANICS and holds up her hands with that sign of the cross to hiss the devil away and runs off.

true story.

7 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

States need to take heed of this.  Mask after vax makes no sense.

Why? People like bob are just going to lie so they can continue their mass murder spree. Gotta make them prove they’re vaccinated otherwise public spaces are shuttered to them.

Just now, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Why? People like bob are just going to lie so they can continue their mass murder spree. Gotta make them prove they’re vaccinated otherwise public spaces are shuttered to them.

Then require them to show it if they go inside your business.  This really doesn't need to be hard here.  Or if the anti-maskers want to go and kill other anti-maskers, at some point, I am going to just note Darwinism.

9 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Then require them to show it if they go inside your business.  This really doesn't need to be hard here.  Or if the anti-maskers want to go and kill other anti-maskers, at some point, I am going to just note Darwinism.

Even though masks are required in businesses in NM, no one enforces it. I agree, those that choose not to get the safest vaccines in the history of vaccines can fend for themselves.

26 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

States need to take heed of this.  Mask after vax makes no sense.

I wont wear one anymore, even in stores that still require one I will push back now , because it is stupid.  I will go full Karen. 

30 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Simmer down Himmler

52 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

my only weirdo SF story is pretty tame

was at the train station around 10PM on a friday night waiting for a train back to palo alto.  was wearing a utah state football hoodie.  this homeless lady with her cart kept giving me a weird eye.  i know better than to look back, so i tried to just avoid it.  she finally walks up to me and says "utah.  utah state."  then gets pretty excited, smiling: "wait, are you Mormon?!?!"

i think "oh maybe she's on good terms with missionaries, cool" as a lot of the homeless folks in France were always kind to missionaries while I was there.  I smile back and say "yeah, I am!" and she PANICS and holds up her hands with that sign of the cross to hiss the devil away and runs off.

true story.

We were walking in the Castro (this was my bachelor party with my best man) and there was a nude protest about... banning nude protests. the protestors did not look ready for the prime time to put it mildly One of the signs said "nude not lewd!" the middle aged well-dressed gay guy ahead of us at the crosswalk said to his partner "it might not be lewd, but they're disgusting!" in a just cutting tone. we somehow laughed quietly, that was some funny shit. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

We were walking in the Castro (this was my bachelor party with my best man) and there was a nude protest about... banning nude protests. the protestors did not look ready for the prime time to put it mildly One of the signs said "nude not lewd!" the middle aged well-dressed gay guy ahead of us at the crosswalk said to his partner "it might not be lewd, but they're disgusting!" in a just cutting tone. we somehow laughed quietly, that was some funny shit. 

tv and movies have taught me to fear the cutting tones of the modern homosexual man.

Just now, AndroidAggie said:

so much for 'businesses have a right to do what they want'

I am guessing sarcasm on his part.  Like Joe said, it's more effort than good and you are only freaking out on people who are on the lowest end of the decision-making totem pole.

I stopped wearing a mask indoors if the business didn’t require it. Wore it if it did. Never wore one outside because that was just stupid. Now since I’m fully vaccinated and had COVID, my mask just went into the trash. I’m pretty confident that being fully vaccinated and having had the virus, my immune system has a Romulan Cloaking Device against COVID. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

A friend of mine brought her teenage daughter over about a month ago, and she insisted we go to Castro Street, because her daughter, somewhat sheltered, had never seen it. We went over there and were about 2 doors down from the Castro Theatre and there were two dudes standing buck naked on the sidewalk chatting as if it was nothing. My friend's daughter was horrified. I laughed hysterically.

They did try to ban it at one point, and actually succeeded in doing so, but nobody pays attention to it, so there's still plenty of nude people walking around. I mean, I was at Dolores Park a few weeks back, smoking weed and enjoying the sunshine...and some dude who looked like Pitbull walked by completely naked except for a pair of Gucci sunglasses, and nobody in the fairly crowded park batted an eye.

What a place.

strictly speaking he wasn't naked

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

A friend of mine brought her teenage daughter over about a month ago, and she insisted we go to Castro Street, because her daughter, somewhat sheltered, had never seen it. We went over there and were about 2 doors down from the Castro Theatre and there were two dudes standing buck naked on the sidewalk chatting as if it was nothing. My friend's daughter was horrified. I laughed hysterically.

They did try to ban it at one point, and actually succeeded in doing so, but nobody pays attention to it, so there's still plenty of nude people walking around. I mean, I was at Dolores Park a few weeks back, smoking weed and enjoying the sunshine...and some dude who looked like Pitbull walked by completely naked except for a pair of Gucci sunglasses, and nobody in the fairly crowded park batted an eye.

What a place.

I notice how SF is it's own little world, with only parts of LA County even coming close, compared to much of the rest of coastal CA.  If any city should have had a "Keep ____ Weird", SF should have been in the front of the line.