Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

The mask shitshow continues

On 5/6/2021 at 11:02 AM, Bob said:

Or how about write your governor, representatives, senators, city council school board and tell them to end it.

Their life ?

Their meltdowns over mask mandates ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

This is weird. I don't remember giving anyone the power to mandate what I wear or do not wear. 

If anyone can show me where I agreed to that I'll gladly reconsider.

Maybe it's a typo, and they meant man date? Not that there'd anything wrong, or right, with that.

Do you wear a shirt and shoes when going into a store ?

Apparently they have they have the power to mandate what you do and do not wear. And when you wear it.

Graduate from Middle School.

Please.

Americans Mayor

On 5/6/2021 at 11:24 AM, Bob said:

Yeah, for this issue I'll side with the "cult" that is in favor of children receiving an education, freedom of religion, and not violating civil liberties and basic human rights and freedom in general. cool

Isn't this the same cult that wants to tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies and lives ?

The same cult that wants to shove enforced School Prayer, White Nationalism, and other Culture War markers down our forced open throats ?

Americans Mayor

On 5/6/2021 at 11:48 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

So I didn't give Chairman Newsom the power to make me wear a mask, or to not wear white after Labor day. #phew

You're cherry picking Maynard.

Do you wear OSHA or company mandated PPE at work ? 

How about a swimsuit at the local pool or beach ?

Do you obey "No smoking" signs in public areas ?

Then you're a lemming who goes along with being mandated.

Americans Mayor

21 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

You're cherry picking Maynard.

Do you wear OSHA or company mandated PPE at work ? 

How about a swimsuit at the local pool or beach ?

Do you obey "No smoking" signs in public areas ?

Then you're a lemming who goes along with being mandated.

You guys must all be incompetent, immoral people.  You can't govern yourselves. You need legislators and executives to guide you through life and to protect you. It's a good thing you have Maxine Waters and Chairman Screwsome-EmployeesWives to save your helpless azzes. 

I'm competent and can represent myself. I know not to cause harm to myself, or to others. 

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

23 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Must wear a top if you are a women

No breastfeeding in public

no shoes no shirt no service.  

lots of mandates that are agreed upon everyday until it inconveniences nut jobs like you. 

You haven't been to the same places on these alleged boundaries as I have I guess. I've seen lots of females with the girls out for all the world to see. I don't appreciate the itty-bitties very much, but they weren't causing me any harm and I was free to look away. 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:46 AM, #1Stunner said:

We believe in the Political Science. 

The "political sciences" as you put it predicted this whole thing, actually. So maybe you should believe a little more. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:03 AM, modestobulldog said:

He probably missed the Oakdale Testicle Festival.

Screenshot_20210506-110212.png

This made me think of listening to some dumb pop country song on the radio while driving through Tulare County, and the song was about being happy to be real country or something... and was like, California is nice but it's not Tennessee. LOL.

And Oakdale is even more country than Tulare. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 5/6/2021 at 12:18 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

Sounds about right for that area. 

20 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

You haven't been to the same places on these alleged boundaries as I have I guess. I've seen lots of females with the girls out for all the world to see. I don't appreciate the itty-bitties very much, but they weren't causing me any harm and I was free to look away. 

As have I but it is not legal on most beaches in the country.  

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

As have I but it is not legal on most beaches in the country.  

Well it's a good thing legalities only apply to legal subjects then.

The first two paragraphs in the piece of paper Chairman Screwsome swore to uphold state as much. You should try reading that piece of paper sometime.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, WYO1016 said:

People need to stop f**king panicking about COVID and start looking at it in risk management terms. If you're vaccinated you're about as safe as you can get. No need to mask up. If you're not vaccinated at this point (in the US, that is) you're just rolling the natural selection dice. Still, though, get the damn vaccine!

At any rate, it's time for mask mandates to go away. If business want to require it, fine. That's their perogative. I personally wouldn't be sad to see mask mandates for people that prepare your food become a permanent thing. That being said it should be a free market choice.

One caveat to all of this: I think it's safe to say that if you're not feeling your best wearing a mask around others isn't a bad idea. If you're worried about catching a virus due to weakend immune systems/pre-existing conditions/hypochondria wearing a mask isn't a bad idea. Wear it for yourself, but don't expect others to cater to you.

Good post.

56 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Shit, nudity is legal in the City itself here. I've seen 4-5 naked people since I've been here the last few months.

I was in Frisco for the PCBC.  Me and two of my customers were sitting in a room at the SF Marriott having some beers.  Mid day.

there was this naked dude sitting on the balcony in an apartment below us.  He was stroking away without a concern in the world.  It was weird but I gotta admit, the guy had some endurance, he was at for at least half an hour.

On 5/9/2021 at 9:24 AM, modestobulldog said:

The angst is the requirement to mask up outdoors, it is asinine, defys common sense & science.  

Yeah that is ridiculous, but it seems like pretty isolated local requirements at this point. The CDC is down with unmasking outdoors (assuming vaccination). If there are locals presenting more stringent requirements, well they are out of touch, and I'd just say "F'em". Follow the CDC guidance, and if you get a ticket, take it to court. Most likely a judge will throw it out. But I don't get people in the midwest caring about what some out of touch county in CA is doing. That seems to be alot of the angst I am seeing. Lot's of old man yelling at could on the whole masking thing.

9 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Shit, nudity is legal in the City itself here. I've seen 4-5 naked people since I've been here the last few months.

I said country not SF.   What is legal or ignored in SF versus OKC is quite a bit different.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:49 AM, NVGiant said:

Same. If I go to Redmond, a mere 15 miles north of where I live, you get that a little bit. I even got it here a couple of months ago when someone told me that if I was a patriot I would take off that mask. Living in a purple area is a trip. You can walk down the street, and within minutes you can get rundown for wearing a mask and get a stare down for not wearing one.

Crazy. It's become a virtue signal for both extremes.

The Patriot part of your post is why I'm posting. 

A few weeks ago I was walking out of a local grocery store and was taking off my mask.

A dude walks up to me and said ' If you're a Patriot, you wouldn't have a mask'. I looked at him and said ' is the FBI looking for you?...he paused and asked why would they...I responded ' only Patriots stormed the Capitol ,right?.....he backed away with nothing to say.

Stay the +++++ outta my business and I'll stay outta yours.

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I agree, I was mostly just replying to your comment that it isn't typically legal even on beaches. And you're right, it isn't. I just think it's hilarious there's naked people walking around the City on a regular basis.

Back in the day I thought it would be fun to go to one those all-inclusive clothing optional resorts in Jamaica. 

After the first few hours it wasn't what I had hoped it would be...spent 4 days trying to NOT look at people.

32 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I agree, I was mostly just replying to your comment that it isn't typically legal even on beaches. And you're right, it isn't. I just think it's hilarious there's naked people walking around the City on a regular basis.

SF is a world of its own.