Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

The mask shitshow continues

29 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

My wife and I got yelled at walking on the sidewalk without a mask in Livermore last week. Just after that, I saw posted signs that it's a minimum of $100 fine for not wearing masks outdoors.

DemoKKKrats have always loved them some signs

120120104900-greene-racial-live-video.jp

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

49 minutes ago, Bob said:

+++++ing retards. Mask wearing is a cult

https://www.mtshastanews.com/story/news/2021/05/04/where-did-love-has-won-leader-die-could-have-been-siskiyou/4942538001/

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Says the good little monkey who's lips are surgically attached to the orange man's ballsack. :whistle:

That's polite of you. Most conclude it is willingly.

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

For real?

I went looking for this and found that Livermore simply defers to the Alameda County health order, which went into effect last June. I have two thoughts:

It would seem that Alameda County is overdue to update their guidance and policies.

However, given the sheer number of Raider fans in the genpop up there, maybe it's not such a bad idea to have them cover their ugly gaping pieholes with something... mask, burka, whatever works. :shrug:

This was the notification I got when my wife and I went to Monterey for our honeymoon back in August.

637316130007870000.png.3fd04980caf4de91a604dd62866d5848.png

These are the now updated guidelines.

May 3, 2021 - State of California Releases new
Face Covering Guidelines
Updated guidance mandates face masks in indoor settings, with few exceptions.

For fully vaccinated persons, face coverings are not required outdoors except when attending crowded outdoor events, such as live performances, parades, fairs, festivals, sports events, or other similar settings.
For unvaccinated persons, face coverings are required outdoors any time physical distancing cannot be maintained, including when attending crowded outdoor events, such as live performances, parades, fairs, festivals, sports events, or other similar settings.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

11 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

It's amazing how much the movie Contagion got right, right down to the public and political resistance, to the snake oil cures being peddled by conspiracy theorists.

Not so much with Outbreak. 

50 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

This was the notification I got when my wife and I went to Monterey for our honeymoon back in August.

637316130007870000.png.3fd04980caf4de91a604dd62866d5848.png

These are the now updated guidelines.

May 3, 2021 - State of California Releases new
Face Covering Guidelines
Updated guidance mandates face masks in indoor settings, with few exceptions.

For fully vaccinated persons, face coverings are not required outdoors except when attending crowded outdoor events, such as live performances, parades, fairs, festivals, sports events, or other similar settings.
For unvaccinated persons, face coverings are required outdoors any time physical distancing cannot be maintained, including when attending crowded outdoor events, such as live performances, parades, fairs, festivals, sports events, or other similar settings.

ProTip: Keep drinking beer for all 9 innings and voilà - no mask required at an MLB game. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Look, with what we know now I think it is pretty silly to make people who are outside and distanced wear a mask.  If you are a festival that is another thing.  

The problem is that even if you are vaccinated other people who may have to share a space with you don't know that.  For all they know you are an anti-mask/anti-vaccine wacko.  There are still a shit ton of people who aren't vaccinated so wearing a mask is a courtesy to them in a way.  Masks should really be used indoors just like cigarettes should really be smoked outside...for the benefit of others.

....but it is quite "boomerish" to be like..."I am good.." and fling off the mask at the grocery store.  But there can probably be some accommodations for a "no mask zone" at a bar or something...or vice versa...and people should be respectful...but they should also respect their employees.

Posted Image

11 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

There has been a lot of political brainwashing and manipulation on both sides.   Democrats / Liberals way over-exaggerating the risks.... Republicans / Conservatives, way downplaying the risks.   

Hell.... We've had half the states have in-person school the entire school year, and half the states have only remote school, acting like children will die... Of course, it is along political lines.

Both sides have been indoctrinated to believe that the other side is completely unreasonable, mindless sheep....

You can't just flip a switch and expect that people will drop those sacred political beliefs. 

I think it’s always best to err with caution when it comes to children. No one knew for certain if kids would be affected but we knew keeping them at home wouldn’t kill them and it would slow the spread.

I don't get the mask angst. People get so fired up about it. 

It certainly seems we need to express clearer communication and goals on it, but the level of anger at this seems bizarre to me.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:22 AM, modestobulldog said:

With approximately half the population in the vaccinated or partially vaccinated column, I think it's time to chuck the masks outdoors, except crowded venues.

Has been the rule in Hawaii for a couple of months.  Mask inside.  No Mask required outside unless you can't stay away from people.  Common sense

On 5/6/2021 at 10:24 AM, Bob said:

Yeah, for this issue I'll side with the "cult" that is in favor of children receiving an education, freedom of religion, and not violating civil liberties and basic human rights and freedom in general. cool

mad season 10 GIF

On 5/7/2021 at 8:52 PM, SharkTanked said:

I don't get the mask angst. People get so fired up about it. 

It certainly seems we need to express clearer communication and goals on it, but the level of anger at this seems bizarre to me.

The angst is the requirement to mask up outdoors, it is asinine, defys common sense & science.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 5/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

This is weird. I don't remember giving anyone the power to mandate what I wear or do not wear. 

If anyone can show me where I agreed to that I'll gladly reconsider.

Maybe it's a typo, and they meant man date? Not that there'd anything wrong, or right, with that.

Must wear a top if you are a women

No breastfeeding in public

no shoes no shirt no service.  

lots of mandates that are agreed upon everyday until it inconveniences nut jobs like you. 

I personally don't like masking.

However, i do wear them in stores and in large groups of people. Not for your benefit, but mine. 

I do enjoy idiots looking at me like I'm the problem.

JFC, anti-mask azzholes, quit acting like spoiled 8th graders and wear a mask in public for a couple more months 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor