Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

The mask shitshow continues

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It's funny to see the "we believe in science" crowd be so anti-science but here we are.

don't call them that plz. they don't deserve it

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It's funny to see the "we believe in science" crowd be so anti-science but here we are.

The well has been poisoned, and it became emotional. And you know how that goes.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

We believe in the Political Science. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

What's funny is if you go out to around Modesto to the hick towns out there, they'll give you the same glares you get here if you do wear a mask into somewhere. You really can't win in these parts.

I went into a sportsman warehouse in Canyon County to get some supplies a while back and I got some hateful looks because I was wearing a mask. 

28 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Common sense and science - if you've been vaccinated, feel free to chuck the mask. However, such a position is associated with Trump, and the authoritarians can't handle that. They want us to continue wearing masks with no end in sight. These two hosts believe that an incentive for vaccination should be let you no longer need to wear a mask. Likewise, they feel that the masked mandate even after vaccination is a disincentive to become vaccinated.

More like Trumpers would just lie about being vaccinated and wouldn’t wear a mask.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

What's funny is if you go out to around Modesto to the hick towns out there, they'll give you the same glares you get here if you do wear a mask into somewhere. You really can't win in these parts.

Same. If I go to Redmond, a mere 15 miles north of where I live, you get that a little bit. I even got it here a couple of months ago when someone told me that if I was a patriot I would take off that mask. Living in a purple area is a trip. You can walk down the street, and within minutes you can get rundown for wearing a mask and get a stare down for not wearing one.

Crazy. It's become a virtue signal for both extremes.

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I just call them what they call themselves. After all, I see their signs all over their front yards, and the stickers on their Audi branded strollers they push their little hellians around in at Bernal Heights Park.

on the twitter thread a lot of them were walking that shit back :hahaha:

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

We believe in the Political Science. 

goddamn it stunner you're a pain in the ass for months on end and then you drop something like this and make all that not matter at all

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I went into a gas station in Oakdale (small town on the way to the Sierras) and had an old man start screaming at me because I had one on. I told him I had ebola and he shut up.

I was in the drive through at a Starbucks here in Boise and the driver of the car behind me saw me put my mask on because it was almost my turn to take my order. He yelled out that it was Communists like me who were ruining Idaho. This was early on in the pandemic. Little did he know I was born and raised in this state, and voted for Trump twice. :lol:

Guest #1Stunner

There has been a lot of political brainwashing and manipulation on both sides.   Democrats / Liberals way over-exaggerating the risks.... Republicans / Conservatives, way downplaying the risks.   

Hell.... We've had half the states have in-person school the entire school year, and half the states have only remote school, acting like children will die... Of course, it is along political lines.

Both sides have been indoctrinated to believe that the other side is completely unreasonable, mindless sheep....

You can't just flip a switch and expect that people will drop those sacred political beliefs. 

15 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I was in the drive through at a Starbucks here in Boise and the driver of the car behind me saw me put my mask on because it was almost my turn to take my order. He yelled out that it was Communists like me who were ruining Idaho. This was early on in the pandemic. Little did he know I was born and raised in this state, and voted for Trump twice. :lol:

This reminds me of when I was still in the newspaper business. I wrote a nonpolitical column that happened to have a fun, nonpolitical anecdote about George W. Bush., shortly after he was out of office. I got all kinds of angry calls and emails the next day from lefties. The funniest being the one who yelled at me over the phone accusing me of being a Republican operative (and a fascist!), which was the nicest thing he called me.

I just laughed and thanked him for reading. People are nuts.

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

If only everyone could be like you then the world would be perfect. You condescending liberal asshole.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

Now you want this? NOW??

bob your risk management was murder 50,000 people so one twelve year old didn't get sad

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

If only everyone could be like you then the world would be perfect. You condescending liberal asshole.

Haha. They don't have to believe what I believe, just not believe in a cult.

I still see a lot of people wearing masks outdoors. As I never wear a mask outdoors and haven’t since the pandemic started, I find myself telling people I’ve been vaccinated who I come into contact with outdoors. I still wear the mask indoors where businesses require it. I’m wondering when businesses are going to lift the requirement. 

The mask thing has been weird, but I understand people that don’t want to catch the virus. However, at some point people need to get over their fear especially if they’ve already been vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I still see a lot of people wearing masks outdoors. As I never wear a mask outdoors and haven’t since the pandemic started, I find myself telling people I’ve been vaccinated who I come into contact with outdoors. I still wear the mask indoors where businesses require it. I’m wondering when businesses are going to lift the requirement. 

The mask thing has been weird, but I understand people that don’t want to catch the virus. However, at some point people need to get over their fear especially if they’ve already been vaccinated.

That said, if people want to wear a mask outdoors or wherever to feel more comfortable, so be it. Unlike the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers, the decision has zero effect on anybody else. 

Just now, NVGiant said:

That said, if people want to wear a mask outdoors or wherever to feel more comfortable, so be it. Unlike the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers, the decision has zero effect on anybody else. 

Other than when they give you a dirty look or say something because you’re not wearing a mask outdoors. Phuck those people. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Other than when they give you a dirty look or say something because you’re not wearing a mask outdoors. Phuck those people. 

Yeah. Agreed. That's stupid as shit.

That reminds me, a couple of months ago I was running down the river canal trail behind my house. It's a really wide dirt path. Easily 10 feet across. And I ran by someone who not just moved away from me, but stopped, walked at least five feet off the opposite side of the trail and glared at me. Haha.

Totally forgot about that until your post triggered the memory. 

51 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Our infection rates are relatively high at the moment, though overall still one of the best in the U.S. We do have a big problem with ICU bed shortages, though. So I get the issues. But my view on it is this. We're at a point where 80% of at-risk adults have been vaccinated and 50% of all adults in the state, even if Eastern Oregon's vaccination rates are quite low (this a big problem where I live, which is the regional hub for much of Eastern Oregon). And anyone who wants a vaccine can get one. At some point, we shouldn't protect the Bobs of the world. Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers have made their choice, and if they get burned by it, so be it.

While I share your sentiment, until we have reached herd immunity, sizable populations of Bobs present a threat in that such population pools present an ideal large-scale Petri dish to allow the virus to mutate to the point where our current vaccinations become less effective, thus inducing a shitshow cycle of rinse-and-repeat.

50% of the population (vaccinated) is not enough. We're in the 11th hour folks, let's not shit the bed on this one.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg