Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

9 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

So BSU and SUDS go to the AAC along with their Oly’s…..YBU goes too…..still travel will at least double and any increase in football tv contract will be eaten up by the non revenue producers.  BSU just dropped a baseball program that they eliminated wrestling for.  Not seeing the benefit. But it keeps the board busy in the off-season…..either way good luck!

Will it be BYU or UNLV. A lot of smoke surrounding UNLV. If it’s BYU, does that mean Gonzaga is in play too?

50703E05-479D-45C1-9940-21E4F2F56CF1.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

Will it be BYU or UNLV. A lot of smoke surrounding UNLV. If it’s BYU, does that mean Gonzaga is in play too?

Jesus. Robert and that stupid picture is like herpes. It never seems to go away.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

I never said four schools would leave. I asked what would the MWC do if four schools left. We know the AAC has talked about 14. We know Aresco wasn't thrilled when he invited BSU late last year and BSU said no to a football only invite. Army isn't gonna be an AAC member so of the AAC is gonna expand it's gonna be with the MWC teams unless BYU for whatever reason goes. I'm just saying of three MWC teams go, it's possible Hawaii or AF bails.

And yes. It's such a secret that only I know. I guess those emails the actual news and sports reporters found of Harsin, the AAC, and Boise State are all fake.

You are one of the few who doesn't believe anything about expansion and that's fine. But people have friends and people have jobs in the know... This shit isn't discussed by two people in a sound proof room and kept on the down low. If you don't believe anything I say why even bother commenting? Just wait til I'm proven wrong so you can say "I told you so."

They need to keep things confidential and quiet.

When BYU was being courted by the WAC, 10 years ago, Fresno tipped Hair Thompson off, and Hair blew things up...

Heard from a good source that bsu and UNLV have invited Alabama, Texas, Clemson, Oregon, USC, Washington, and Ohio State to start a new conference...also heard they’re all leaving the NCAA and starting their own association. Should be amazing...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
  • Idiot 1
54 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

One last thing then I'm out..

Use some common sense. Why would a frustrated Aresco say they may need to expand to 14?  They only need one team according to the NCAA so why say he needs three more if they can't get the one team? Because Boise State said not without their other sports. He has said over and over that the conference will only add teams that add value to the league. BYU and Boise State are those teams that add value aside from the academies. SDSU is the best all-around choice after BYU.

All of the signs are there without inside info. The Harsin emails, Aresco interviews, JDW saying SDSU to the Big West wasn't gonna happen but saying they were always looking at the future, Dickey saying once he was settles he was gonna look at the AAC, stadium expansion, Hair saying extraction was a bigger possibility than expansion.

You guys just don't wanna believe this conference may look different next year for, well....  Let's be nice. Reasons.

No, there’s another more obvious and pressing reason for mike aresco to be concerned and it has nothing to do with the MW.  Boise has no pull in this at all.  Welcome back!

Guest #1Stunner
58 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

One last thing then I'm out..

Use some common sense. Why would a frustrated Aresco say they may need to expand to 14?  They only need one team according to the NCAA so why say he needs three more if they can't get the one team? Because Boise State said not without their other sports. He has said over and over that the conference will only add teams that add value to the league. BYU and Boise State are those teams that add value aside from the academies. SDSU is the best all-around choice after BYU.

All of the signs are there without inside info. The Harsin emails, Aresco interviews, JDW saying SDSU to the Big West wasn't gonna happen but saying they were always looking at the future, Dickey saying once he was settles he was gonna look at the AAC, stadium expansion, Hair saying extraction was a bigger possibility than expansion.

You guys just don't wanna believe this conference may look different next year for, well....  Let's be nice. Reasons.

John David...the best Commissioner in the conference.

@Fowl

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

So BSU and SUDS go to the AAC along with their Oly’s…..YBU goes too…..still travel will at least double and any increase in football tv contract will be eaten up by the non revenue producers.  BSU just dropped a baseball program that they eliminated wrestling for.  Not seeing the benefit. But it keeps the board busy in the off-season…..either way good luck!

Why would BYU join the AAC?

Makes no sense.  Loyalty to the WCC.

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

@mugtang

Please give @RebelRobert a free premium membership.   He earned it with that tweet.

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Should YBU be included it would probably be football only.  UNLV….no, they bring nothing but a good road trip.  Their heydays are over.  Not understanding why SUDS is interested.  BSU is just never happy where ever they are.  If they go they’ll be looking for a new Conf within five years….especially after the P5 becomes the P4 and eliminates some of their dead weight.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

The most boring thing about this MWC message board is these BS rumors of schools leaving.  I think they are started by another conference just to keep the MWC down and then you all react to the BS.  If you all don’t want to be in the MWC than why are you posting on the MWC board.  Just a bunch of dumb ass chest thumping. Nobody is going anywhere anytime soon. 

It's either post about this, or go the @utenation route and camp out in the UNLV Offseason thread to attempt to troll UNLV fans by biting on every bait post put out by the UNLV trolls. (Not me though, I never troll and am always serious!) 

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Heard from a good source that bsu and UNLV have invited Alabama, Texas, Clemson, Oregon, USC, Washington, and Ohio State to start a new conference...also heard they’re all leaving the NCAA and starting their own association. Should be amazing...

What? This is +++++ing absurd. One of these things is not like the other.

Clemson is a flash in the pan. They don't have the esteemed and continuous excellence of the other programs.  Pass. Take them out and add Temple and we're talking. 

/sarcasm

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

It's either post about this, or go the @utenation route and camp out in the UNLV Offseason thread to attempt to troll UNLV fans by biting on every bait post put out by the UNLV trolls. (Not me though, I never troll and am always serious!) 

You can spend time on the OT board where the rumors we discuss are the ones @NVGiant spreads about anarchists firebombing the woods of the Pacific coast. 

17 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

You can spent time on the OT board where the rumors we discuss are the ones @NVGiant spreads about anarchists firebombing the woods of the Pacific coast. 

Sure as Clackamas County is in California, it’s real dammit!

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

What? This is +++++ing absurd. One of these things is not like the other.

Clemson is a flash in the pan. They don't have the esteemed and continuous excellence of the other programs.  Pass. Take them out and add Temple and we're talking. 

/sarcasm

I mean, sarcasm aside, they've won more than Oregon, though. Oregon was god awful until Rich Brooks showed up.

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

They either can't do anything to improve themselves beyond where they currently are or they don't give a rat's patoot. My money's on the former concept.

Speaking for myself only, I really don't want to see SDSU leave Fresno behind for a third time. However, right now during what looks like a crucial time soon before conferences will be renegotiating their TV contracts, Fresno doesn't appear to be particularly good at either football or basketball and they aren't doing anything I'm aware of to upgrade Bulldog Stadium. That's no bueno.

Maybe their football coach can flood the roster with transfers again in the hope of putting together a couple great seasons? I mean, that's what San Jose would be doing.

I think Fresno will be much better this year but we shall see.  I agree that I think both teams do better when they are in the same league.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Friend, it would be great to keep the football series with SDSU going on. Now that Roderick Long JR has moved on, BYU has reasserted itself.  Coach Hoke needs more opportunities to get a W.  John David needs to be in contact with Tom to get the cougs on board. I need to get to LES and get me a cougar tail. 

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Chance at playoffs leads to better recruits. But maybe football only since yeah they're doing pretty well in the WCC. 

7 hours ago, Ibanez said:

You were in the thread where I leaked the BSU to the Big West years ago. I remember you were the only one who believed me. Did you know something back then?

If it was up to Aresco BSU, SDSU, and UNLV would of been in the Big West. But that was a long time ago. I think Boise State would be willing but SDSU probably not. It could happen. If you know anything PM me. But as far as I know they haven't talked in a long time. I thought I read the Big West was losing members. Could be wrong.

No inside information.  Just a gut feeling I had then and still have now.  My personal preference is that Boise remains here in the MWC and that things work out.  But IF it cannot, I'd be happy to welcome Boise back.

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I have a cholesterol problem. Boise going to the AAC would be bad for my health.

You'll get plenty of wheat to balance that out