Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Oh of course. He's a "freelancer"...don't ask him what he does, because he's not sure, but he makes money, he drives a King Ranch with the Mangnaflow. Big money. Baller status.

But some day, he’ll drive up to the old homestead in his two-year-old F150, the one with a Magnaflow and the chrome package....you know...big money. Baller status. He'll walk into his tract house, past the picket fence. Through the door, and down the hall. It’s Quiet. He likes quiet. 

Once inside, he'll inhale the intoxicating aroma of freshly laid carpet.  A scent as intoxicating as a Poppy field. 

Woosh is Dorothy. +++++ing Dorothy in a field of poppies on the way to the Emerald City!               

He'll walk up the stairs and into his bedroom, admiring along the way  a rack of rare animal penises that he smokes on occasion for endurance purposes, and Jim Croce is playing on his cutting-edge sound system. 

Jim +++++in’ Croce man! 

But...oh shit...Jesus Titty+++++ing Christ! What in holy hell is this? It’s Woosh's beautiful bride, in his California King Bed the one he bought on credit, and holy shit, she’s getting +++++ed by the carpet layer!               

I don’t dream his dreams of monotony  because I am the carpet layer. 

Someday he'll understand.            

Holy shit!

2 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I am always amazed by how much fans here hate each other's schools.  The MW does need to end..

Craig Thompson's son when asked the secret of the success of his dad and the Mountain West conference:

image.jpeg.e20d82950b54375f6f3641e1a2b4d637.jpeg

34 minutes ago, utenation said:

And for the record, I'm going with Plumber. Drives a lifted F250 Super Duty, has the travel trailer, UTV's and boat. 40K maxed out on his credit cards.  He tries to refi his house anytime he can because he needs cash to keep his 15 year younger wife happy.  He told her she's finally getting the boob job too. 

Simple Solution. 401K loan. 

Plumbers do very well, especially if they have their own business.  I’m pretty sure most plumbers are more successful than you.

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU destroyed Central Florida in the bowl game...

Then for months afterwards, Ute fans harassed the BYU fans and Closet BYU fans, saying it didn't count as an impressive win because UCF is a turd school. 

Yep, you did.  Well done.  My reasoning aside I’m surprised it wasn’t by a larger margin.

12 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I don't have a terrible memory. By rule, I just don't pay attention to shit-shoveling UCF supporters who profess to be insiders/powerbrokers.

You've never been right about anything.

Yeah you do.  And you’re dumb to boot.  You directly respond to a post quoting something I was right on and then say I’ve never been right.  

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Yeah you do.  And you’re dumb to boot.  You directly respond to a post quoting something I was right on and then say I’ve never been right.  

Except you werent right on it.  You just read the projections like everybody else.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

9 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Plumbers do very well, especially if they have their own business.  I’m pretty sure most plumbers are more successful than you.

Oh man, I have no game. I'm a deadbeat. on Unemployment.  But I'm pretty sure I nailed your profession. Like I said, nothing wrong with those jobs. But you're the big shot remember?

2 minutes ago, utenation said:

Oh man, I have no game. I'm a deadbeat. on Unemployment. 

Guess he didnt read your handle title...

What did it cost you to sell your soul?  Does Satan do layaway?  Or by the Devil do you mean Oprah?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

Guess he didnt read your handle title...

What did it cost you to sell your soul?  Does Satan do layaway?  Or by the Devil do you mean Oprah?

I made a deal with the Devil about 20 years ago. Completely at peace now. Let's just say there are a few BYU fans buried in our west desert. I've been trying to get Stunner to take a ride for years now. He's super flaky. 

The Retirement handle was created in jest... I'm a full timer in the real world. 

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

I don't see the PAC taking BYU...........

As the bloggist Frank the Tank says, when talking about expansion, you have to think like a university president. How many P12 presidents are going to vote to add a school affiliated with any religion, much less one affiliated with a religion with a history like that of the LDS?

And don't anybody try to claim the P12 can't deny a school admission on the basis of its religious affiliation. College sports conferences aren't government entities so the US Constitution doesn't apply to them.

Accordingly, unless YBU severs its relationship with the Mormon Church as USC did decades ago with the Methodist Church, there isn't a chance in the world of the P12 taking that school.

12 minutes ago, utenation said:

Reminded me of the scene where Martin Sheen first rolls up to Colonel Kurtz's camp in Apocalypse Now.  Joe has that kinda talent.

I copied and pasted it into Google, wondering what he was quoting.

He's not quoting. Damn.

3 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

As the bloggist Frank the Tank says, when talking about expansion, you have to think like a university president. How many P12 presidents are going to vote to add a school affiliated with any religion, much less one affiliated with a religion with a history like that of the LDS?

And don't anybody try to claim the P12 can't deny a school admission on the basis of its religious affiliation. College sports conferences aren't government entities so the US Constitution doesn't apply to them.

Accordingly, unless YBU severs its relationship with the Mormon Church as USC did decades ago with the Methodist Church, there isn't a chance in the world of the P12 taking that school.

BYU athletically is perfect for the P12. Football and basketball. Big stadiums. Budget, eyeballs and Olympic sports. 

They would have been a perfect combo with Utah. CU is coming around but they are a High Research School, so there was that. 

Once you understand the local politics and Utah's move to the P12 without BYU, you'll see why BYU fans are still bitter. Some not all. But there is the group that can never see Utah as superior at anything. 

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

BYU doesn't bring enough for the PAC to have to deal with the religious aspects (like Sunday play) - And as @utenation mentioned, the PAC isn't really aligned with the BYU mindset 

Really the only plus in BYU's favor is they come with a built-in fan base that brings eyes to TV & attendance, but as far as travel economic impact, former BYU coach Lavell Edwards said it best: "BYU fans bring $100 & the 10 Commandments and don't break either" 

BYU is fine where they are, they get the occasional P5 game, play their regional MWC teams and have their hoops team in a conference where most years BYU should never be below 3rd place - BYU's in a comfortable position and has no need to move around. 

And as far as $$ are concerned, there's few money making operations like the LDS church, so finances probably aren't a problem either like they are for state schools 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

BYU doesn't bring enough for the PAC to have to deal with the religious aspects (like Sunday play) - And as @utenation mentioned, the PAC isn't really aligned with the BYU mindset 

Really the only plus in BYU's favor is they come with a built-in fan base that brings eyes to TV & attendance, but as far as travel economic impact, former BYU coach Lavell Edwards said it best: "BYU fans bring $100 & the 10 Commandments and don't break either" 

BYU is fine where they are, they get the occasional P5 game, play their regional MWC teams and have their hoops team in a conference where most years BYU should never be below 3rd place - BYU's in a comfortable position and has no need to move around. 

And as far as $$ are concerned, there's few money making operations like the LDS church, so finances probably aren't a problem either like they are for state schools 

BYU isn't going anywhere unless the B12 calls. They've been down that road with false alarms a few times. 

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, utenation said:

BYU athletically is perfect for the P12. Football and basketball. Big stadiums. Budget, eyeballs and Olympic sports. 

They would have been a perfect combo with Utah. CU is coming around but they are a High Research School, so there was that. 

Once you understand the local politics and Utah's move to the P12 without BYU, you'll see why BYU fans are still bitter. Some not all. But there is the group that can never see Utah as superior at anything. 

There was a rumor a few years ago that Colorado was thinking of moving back to the BIG12---maybe a fake rumor, who knows.

Regardless, seems like College Sports interest in Colorado isn't going anywhere.  Maybe dying.

If Colorado were to leave the PAC12, and the PAC12 had to backfill, my guess is that they would take Houston.   Not a perfect fit, but Houston is going places and brings a big market. 

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I don't think BYU or BYU fans have really wanted to join the PAC12 for decades already.   

All you ever hear about is the BIG12.   But that won't happen, so who cares?   

Better to stay Independent.   Not like BYU can recruit on an elite level.   BYU mostly recruits LDS kids and Polynesians.  Hell, it's the State of Utah.  Half the elite kids don't even attend any of the local schools anymore.