Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

Per Matt Jones that seems to be the word.

Apparently, Air Force being a service academy is working against them (I guess the AAC doesn't want another triple option team - and poor hoops team)

(1) Lloyd Woosley on Twitter: "Matt @KySportsRadio Sources confirm meetings between Mountain West and AAC. Boise State along with San Diego State and UNLV to AAC. Air Force was also in discussions but AAC didn’t want a 2nd military academy." / Twitter

3mxsBs3.jpg

5 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I don't care too much about football but I would miss playing against those schools in basketball..

I'd miss SDSU in both sports.  But if it rids us of bottom feeding UNLV and gets us out of a shitty deal with BSU, it's a win for the MW.

Too bad the stories are bullshit.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I'd miss SDSU in both sports.  But if it rids us of bottom feeding UNLV and gets us out of a shitty deal with BSU, it's a win for the MW.

Too bad the stories are bullshit.

If this were to pass, your T.V. contract would be torn to shreds, the MWC schools would be getting less than half what they are getting now.

Should have given Boise that proration.

This wording alone makes me suspect of the entire matter: "meetings between Mountain West and AAC". 

Are we to believe that this is happening at the conference level?  Or is this just a poorly worded phrase? 

Or is it much ado about nothing (my take). 

46 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Apparently, Air Force being a service academy is working against them (I guess the AAC doesn't want another triple option team - and poor hoops team)

(1) Lloyd Woosley on Twitter: "Matt @KySportsRadio Sources confirm meetings between Mountain West and AAC. Boise State along with San Diego State and UNLV to AAC. Air Force was also in discussions but AAC didn’t want a 2nd military academy." / Twitter

ColonelGator, in the library, with the candlestick.  He's the one telling Matt Jones about it.  And the Colonel's 12 followers.

Any chance of a 4th thread today?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

Has anyone ever seen ColonelGator and Cowboy in the same room together?

Just now, Ibanez said:

Yep. The meltdown here is still a month away. But yeah, these sources are wrong. Well, they're not really it's just this news is almost two years old. I already told you all about this but you all didn't listen. It's funny how it just takes one radio station to answer a question for the internet to go crazy.

But don't worry, Boise State is almost out of here.

If Boise is unhappy they should leave. I don't think Boise leaving will cause the meltdown on the board you are longing for, though.

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

If Boise is unhappy they should leave. I don't think Boise leaving will cause the meltdown on the board you are longing for, though.

5 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yep. The meltdown here is still a month away. But yeah, these sources are wrong. Well, they're not really it's just this news is almost two years old. I already told you all about this but you all didn't listen. It's funny how it just takes one radio station to answer a question for the internet to go crazy.

But don't worry, Boise State is almost out of here.

No one believes the twitter guy either. 

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

It's not Boise leaving it's would be coming with them. It's the numbers not the teams.

Yawn.  No one cares, or believes, UNLV is leaving either.

The only one that would be missed is SDSU.

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

It's not Boise leaving it's would be coming with them. It's the numbers not the teams.

I know you want everybody to feel bad about this but I think you will be disappointed..If schools want to go, fine..Life goes on..