Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

On 5/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, #1Stunner said:

The Mayor of Las Vegas is a great lady (she was unfairly bashed on CNN by Anderson Cooper)... But they maybe need new blood and thinking.

There needs to be major investment and revitalization around UNLV.  Make it a great community for students.   You are absolutely correct.

It's probably already been pointed out (just now catching up on this thread), but UNLV is not in the City of Las Vegas. The Mayor of Las Vegas has absolutely nothing to do with UNLV. It's the Clark County Commission and Board of Regents.

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

It's probably already been pointed out (just now catching up on this thread), but UNLV is not in the City of Las Vegas. The Mayor of Las Vegas has absolutely nothing to do with UNLV. It's the Clark County Commission and Board of Regents.

Should we now refer to the school as University of Nevada, Clark County in the interests of accuracy 

UNCC really works

23 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

UNP or UNPT would be more accurate as UNLV is in the Paradise Township of Clark County along with the Strip.

I knew that UNLV, the strip and the airport were in the county and I had heard of Paradise and even Winchester but I did not know they were unincorporated towns..I thought they were just neighborhoods..You learn something new everyday..

11 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I knew that UNLV, the strip and the airport were in the county and I had heard of Paradise and even Winchester but I did not know they were unincorporated towns..I thought they were just neighborhoods..You learn something new everyday..

There have been numerous attempts at annexing then into Las Vegas.  Perhaps one day. 🤔 💭

23 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Yeah most of the unincorporated County in the GLVA is broken up into townships. I live in Enterprise. They have town boards and meetings that I am pretty sure no one goes to. They don't have much in the way of power. Typically they are a step in the process that has to be done before things get kicked up to the County Commission... mostly for land use and zoning stuff. And I believe the members are appointed by the Commission, not publicly elected. Lived here all my life and don't ever recall seeing a ballot for them at least. Anyway, all that is more in the "useless shit to know" category of info.

Aresco and the AAC does not want UNLV or Boise State.  SDSU would be alone in the eastern and southern part of the nation so they will not go.  Let us get on to something real.

Greetings mwcboard forum

Preferred personal pronouns and possessive adjective:  He/Him/His

I'm a recent graduate of Boise State University, and longtime lurker. With my studies concluded (for now, education never ends, right?), I finally decided to make the leap and become an active part of the community.

Boise State is emerging from a dark period that saw us play down to the level of our competition. The nation is also reemerging from a dark period that saw trust in public institutions undermined by foreign actors. 

As faith in America is reestablished, expansion will pick up right where it left off under President Obama. I fully expect a revitalized Boise State to return to the national conversation, and eventually land in the current Power 5 ecosystem, whatever shape that takes in the future.

10 minutes ago, Pasco Bronco said:

Greetings mwcboard forum

Preferred personal pronouns and possessive adjective:  He/Him/His

I'm a recent graduate of Boise State University, and longtime lurker. With my studies concluded (for now, education never ends, right?), I finally decided to make the leap and become an active part of the community.

Boise State is emerging from a dark period that saw us play down to the level of our competition. The nation is also reemerging from a dark period that saw trust in public institutions undermined by foreign actors. 

As faith in America is reestablished, expansion will pick up right where it left off under President Obama. I fully expect a revitalized Boise State to return to the national conversation, and eventually land in the current Power 5 ecosystem, whatever shape that takes in the future.

Welcome to the board!

13 hours ago, nvspuds said:

Welcome to the board!

I suspect that he/she's not new here.  It will be fun to watch this sock reveal him or herself.

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I suspect that he/she's not new here.  It will be fun to watch this sock reveal him or herself.

That is sooo Stunner.

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

My preferred pronouns are ze/zim/zis.

I didn't mention you.  Why did you jump in?