Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean, it's been widely accepted that the AAC would take Boise football only yesterday.  Seems Boise is only interested if there is a Western division and an all sports invite.  So there we are.

And will remain until something changes. 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:12 PM, Rebels18 said:

Big whoop, UNLV scheduled USC too! It's the same story every season for BYU: middling PAC-12 squads (maybe 1 big boi) and then it's the MWC reunion tour (Boise, SDSU, USU, UNLV, Hawaii etc)

BYU is basically still a MWC school in football. They just left the conference so they wouldn't be obligated to go to Wyoming and their shitty dining options ever again. (Sorry @Wyovanian )

Nope. No Golden Corrals or Chuck-a-Ramas in Laramie. byu* fans don't approve.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

10 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Golden Corral-  Everything that's wrong with food and people in one convenient location

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Golden Corral-  Every that's wrong with food and people in one convenient location

I've only been to one, in Houston.  Didn't notice anything wrong with people there.  Might've been too early, though.

On 5/9/2021 at 6:47 PM, renoskier said:

What the hell is "privledged" about helping your children?

Won't you help yours? Or would that mean they're privileged?

I won’t give you snark about “privilege” or anything like that, but parents paying for college is not that common. Hence $2 Trillion in federal student loan debt and counting (that topped $1 Trillion 10-15 years ago).

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Again. I was just messing around on this thread to irritate the asshats. My friend is back in Spokane and he hasn't head nothing. Zero..

The only thing that's happening at BSU right now is Dickey is looking at adding some games on the schedule and those games are games against AAC teams. Boise State and Hawaii have also talked about a long term football schedule agreement like Boise State has with BYU. But the leak doesn't say which sport but I'd assume it's football. 

Have they talked? Yes. But I'm sure everyone talks to everyone. He was told mid-May could be interesting because if BSU wanted to avoid higher penalties for leaving the MWC it would have to happen before close to the end of June. So if Boise State is leaving (And it would just be BSU, no one else.) we should see it come out this month.

And yes, SDSU would be the next team in line after BYU turns them down. Army doesn't wanna go and Navy for some reason does not want AF in the conference without Army.

The UNLV talk is interesting because the Big West was pushing Boise State and the AAC to add SDSU and UNLV. It also pissed me off because that was what I had shared during the court proceedings BSU vs MWC. So someone got that info from me. I suppose that dead could still be in place but the AAC didn't want UNLV before. Hell at the time CSU and New Mexico were ahead of them. Now? Don't know. Don't care.

I just don't think this are happening this year however I am sure BSU will be in the AAC. Boise had a new AD, the Covid thing, the Big 12 Tv deal, the Big West financial woes, the expanded playoff.... 

Mike Aresco has said he wanted to get it done, but Boise State isn't putting their teams in another conference without some other teams joining them to boost up that conference.

Why do you even bother with this shit?   At least you've now, sort of, admitted to being a liar.

Nothing has changed since the e-mails came out.  Everyone know what the situation is.  Boise wants out.  No one will take their olys and  no one wants to join them in some idiotic, western division of a mid major conference. 

Despite all of your self adulation, you don't have real information, you just provide your own opinion which you try to embellish with claims of some secret source that you dare not reveal.   

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

15 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

True story.. About 6 years ago I was in a Chuck-a Rama.  I saw a family of BYU fans. I knew because Dad had on a BYU hat.   5 kids.  So they paid for three meals. Sat down. About 10 minutes later the other 4 kids snuck in and joined the family for all you can eat. 

The dad saw me shake my head when I figured out the plan.. He just smiled.  I bet le left a $3 tip.. Cheap bastards. 

15 minutes ago, utenation said:

True story.. About 6 years ago I was in a Chuck-a Rama.  I saw a family of BYU fans. I knew because Dad had on a BYU hat.   5 kids.  So they paid for three meals. Sat down. About 10 minutes later the other 4 kids snuck in and joined the family for all you can eat. 

The dad saw me shake my head when I figured out the plan.. He just smiled.  I bet le left a $3 tip.. Cheap bastards. 

My God, the hate runs deep.

New-Signature.jpg

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

I had already proven I know shit. 

God knows that's true....

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

12 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yet you quote me all of the time so why do you bother? I had already proven I know shit. And I don't come here for you. I never have. So eat a dick.

I call you out on your bullshit and outright fabrications.  You have never once proven my assertions to be anything other than accurate.  You post a bunch of bullshit, you get called out on it, throw a little sissy fit, ask the owner to delete your account, and quit the board.  You come back weeks later, post more bullshit, again get called out on it, and then claim you were "just teasing." 

You are an attention whoring, wimp who can't back up his bullshit and whines when he get called out. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Again. I was just messing around on this thread to irritate the asshats. My friend is back in Spokane and he hasn't head nothing. Zero..

The only thing that's happening at BSU right now is Dickey is looking at adding some games on the schedule and those games are games against AAC teams. Boise State and Hawaii have also talked about a long term football schedule agreement like Boise State has with BYU. But the leak doesn't say which sport but I'd assume it's football. 

Have they talked? Yes. But I'm sure everyone talks to everyone. He was told mid-May could be interesting because if BSU wanted to avoid higher penalties for leaving the MWC it would have to happen before close to the end of June. So if Boise State is leaving (And it would just be BSU, no one else.) we should see it come out this month.

And yes, SDSU would be the next team in line after BYU turns them down. Army doesn't wanna go and Navy for some reason does not want AF in the conference without Army.

The UNLV talk is interesting because the Big West was pushing Boise State and the AAC to add SDSU and UNLV. It also pissed me off because that was what I had shared during the court proceedings BSU vs MWC. So someone got that info from me. I suppose that dead could still be in place but the AAC didn't want UNLV before. Hell at the time CSU and New Mexico were ahead of them. Now? Don't know. Don't care.

I just don't think this are happening this year however I am sure BSU will be in the AAC. Boise had a new AD, the Covid thing, the Big 12 Tv deal, the Big West financial woes, the expanded playoff.... 

Mike Aresco has said he wanted to get it done, but Boise State isn't putting their teams in another conference without some other teams joining them to boost up that conference.

I know it’s in the title of the thread but there are no legs to the Unlv rumors.  As you correctly surmised conversations have very recently picked up again and that has trickled out in some outlets but what’s been discussed are the dominoes, which doesn’t involve Boise.  The sentiment still hasn’t changed, not much has changed, only the timeline of events becoming clearer.

20 hours ago, utenation said:

The dad saw me shake my head when I figured out the plan.. He just smiled.  I bet le left a $3 tip.. 

"Thou shalt not steal."  More of a suggestion than a Commandment to the oh-so-virtuous...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

There are Golden Corrals all over the Bay Area but I’ve never eaten at one. I’ve never heard of a Chuck-A-Rama, where are they mostly located? 

As a young man I spent one winter working in the West Texas oil fields with some friends and we all lived in a motel in Hobbs, NM.  There wasn’t a whole lot in Hobbs back then (probably still isn’t), so it seemed we shopped at Wal Mart for everything and ate most of our meals at the Cattle Baron.  Does that count?

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Chuck-A-Rama is based in Utah.  10 restaurants there, two in Idaho (one in Boise, the other in Ammon).

On 5/11/2021 at 2:44 PM, utenation said:

At least he didn’t leave a “Buy 9 Get the 10th Free” local sandwich joint punch card as a tip. My cheap ass dad did that once. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg