Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Yeah and it's quite funny actually. Fresnans almost universally claim they don't have a rivalry with SJSU yet most can't seem to desist from going back and forth with Josers whenever Spartans troll them.

SJSU and Fresno State have played each other 83 times in football dating back to 1921.  By far the largest rivalry for each school and the second most played rivalry game in the MWC after CSU/WYO

SJSU’s first game against a MWC team was vs Nevada in 1899. The Spartans have played both SDSU and Hawaii forty three times. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

6 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Only 70% of students go to some sort of college.  So right there you have 30% of parents who are paying NOTHING.

Out of the 70% that go to college, about 29% of parents pay for their childs entire college tuition.  So 20% (29% of 70%) of parents fully cover the total costs of their childs tuition.  20%, 1 out of 5 rich elite out of touch privileged likely white.

About 47% of parents pay some amount for their child who attends higher education.  Since we know only 70% of kids go on to some sort of higher education, that means that about 33% of parents are paying at least some small amount for higher education.  1 out of 3.

So, NO MOST Kids are not getting their parents to pay for college.  At the more prestigious Universities such as Michigan the number is somewhere in the low 60% range of parents that pay something.  Graduation rates are also higher for students who get financial help from their parents. 

We are talking about kids that go to college. Not kids not going to college. Why are you bringing that into the argument? We know that most kids don’t go to college.

Between parents paying or borrowing, other family members helping, and the kids helping pay some themselves, that’s the majority.  It’s most usually a family commitment and effort to get through college.  

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

5 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

The stupidity and ignorance of the people out here will make you want to be dead.

Yeah I have got to get back to Las Vegas.  That should increase my life span.  Healthier life style.

Did you actually say that Las Vegas is a healthy lifestyle?  :lol:

I suppose it probably is compared of Oklahoma.  

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

More likely scenario:  Big 10 offers Texas and Oklahoma State, Big 12 offers Houston and Cincinnati, AAC backfills from C-USA, C-USA backfills from the Sun Belt, NMSU finally gets the invite back to the Sun Belt. MWC untouched.  Even that's a stretch.  

6 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

...To me, old age is always ten years older than I am....

My 88 y/o dad recently told me that he is getting close to the same age as old people.  :D

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, ViAggie said:

More likely scenario:  Big 10 offers Texas and Oklahoma State, Big 12 offers Houston and Cincinnati, AAC backfills from C-USA, C-USA backfills from the Sun Belt, NMSU finally gets the invite back to the Sun Belt. MWC untouched.  Even that's a stretch.  

Why would the B10 offer Oklahoma State?

35 minutes ago, Maccoog said:

I assumed that was a typo. Texas and Oklahoma to the B10 not Oky State.

Texas can’t join the B1G because their state doesn’t border any existing states in the B1G.

48 minutes ago, ViAggie said:

Sorry, but no.

First off, for academic reasons the B1G is decades away from ever offering membership to Okie State. At least half a century I would guess. Having closely followed this stuff for a decade now, I also don't see UT joining the B1G. At a minimum, UT is going to want to keep its separate TV network which gives the school more broadcast income than anyone but God and B1G members are never going to agree to that.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If Boise wanted to be in the AAC, they would be.  That simple.

You know...the fact Woosh thinks you are wrong is about the most positive confirmation short of a press conference I can think of

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, ViAggie said:

:lol:

Oklahoma State?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

10 minutes ago, RSF said:

You know...the fact Woosh thinks you are wrong is about the most positive confirmation short of a press conference I can think of

I mean, it's been widely accepted that the AAC would take Boise football only yesterday.  Seems Boise is only interested if there is a Western division and an all sports invite.  So there we are.

24 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Sorry, but no.

First off, for academic reasons the B1G is decades away from ever offering membership to Okie State. At least half a century I would guess. Having closely followed this stuff for a decade now, I also don't see UT joining the B1G. At a minimum, UT is going to want to keep its separate TV network which gives the school more broadcast income than anyone but God and B1G members are never going to agree to that.

Yes I meant Oklahoma, sorry my bad.  2nd, I said it was a stretch, but it's not an impossible scenario, the B1G is seen as a better conference, if they could entice Texas and Oklahoma to join, they could potentially expand their market reach, I wouldn't put it past them.  The AAC is a couple of teams away from being gutted.   

29 minutes ago, ViAggie said:

Yes I meant Oklahoma, sorry my bad.  2nd, I said it was a stretch, but it's not an impossible scenario, the B1G is seen as a better conference, if they could entice Texas and Oklahoma to join, they could potentially expand their market reach, I wouldn't put it past them.  The AAC is a couple of teams away from being gutted.   

There is zero chance that Texas joins the B1G.  There is zero chance that Oklahoma joins the B1G.

39 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean, it's been widely accepted that the AAC would take Boise football only yesterday.  Seems Boise is only interested if there is a Western division and an all sports invite.  So there we are.

Boise State would be a home run for the American Athletic Conference!

On 5/7/2021 at 1:21 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Very little is on ESPN + and I understand the reticence about it-I wasn’t happy about it either at first but it turned out to not really be a big factor.  I view a lot of athletics and the only time ive been on ESPN+ it was for baseball and was higher quality production that what it was on cbs sports previously.  CBS sports and fox sports/Bally’s are much lower quality than ESPN/abc.  You’ll get more big matchups/time slots in the aac.  I mean, if you’re okay with the status quo then enjoy boca raton games against 5th place aac teams!

PM me.

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

BSU has little interest.

But we're listening.

New-Signature.jpg

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

Boise State is the crown jewel of the Mountain West!  We’d be nothing without you!

You know I love you.

...but don't be an idiot.

:)

New-Signature.jpg