Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I see.. if you didn’t hear it, and it involved UNLV, it didn’t happen. You might remember though, this was not long after Kruger left and UNLV basketball was still decent, not the dumpster fire it has been lately. 

No, I remember the claim well.  And every other fan from every other school popped up saying they were invited as well.  UNLV, Fresno, AFA, CSU, UNM to be specific.  To which I say....lol, sure if it makes you feel better to think that.

None of them had anything to support it though just "I heard from sources".

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

And were left behind.

Which is always something to be proud of, right?

UH and SMU were left behind by politics.

UH is coming on strong.  Most people don't know the progress it is making. Not only is it getting bigger, it is also becoming a wealthy school. It now has a program designed to qualify it for the AAU. It ranks in the top 100 schools world wide in producing millionaires. It ranks #1 in entrepreneurship in the U.S. It ranks #76 in U.S. patents. It has been ranked as the #2 most influential school in Texas.  Crummy little schools won't bother it long.

29 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, I remember the claim well.  And every other fan from every other school popped up saying they were invited as well.  UNLV, Fresno, AFA, CSU, UNM to be specific.  To which I say....lol, sure if it makes you feel better to think that.

None of them had anything to support it though just "I heard from sources".

This true. It was nonstop. They all passed on the invite prior to Boise and SDSU accepting lol.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

24 minutes ago, since1670 said:

UH and SMU were left behind by politics.

UH is coming on strong.  Most people don't know the progress it is making. Not only is it getting bigger, it is also becoming a wealthy school. It now has a program designed to qualify it for the AAU. It ranks in the top 100 schools world wide in producing millionaires. It ranks #1 in entrepreneurship in the U.S. It ranks #76 in U.S. patents. It has been ranked as the #2 most influential school in Texas.  Crummy little schools won't bother it long.

They were left behind because both were shitty at the time.

And the 2nd most influential thing is just too funny.  The wealthy part is a rib tickler, too, when even Tech has a larger endowment among the public schools.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Influence of Texas Universities

University Influence
University of Texas at Austin 177.5
University of Houston 71.1
Texas A&M University 69.4
Southern Methodist University 47.5
Baylor University 44.3
Rice University 40.5
Texas Tech. University 33.4
North Texas University 31.7
Texas Christian University 27.2
University of Texas at El Paso 16.3
University of Texas at Arlington 12.3
Texas State 11.2

http://time.com/27821/us-college-rankings/
Interactive: How Influential Is Your School? - Time.com March 18, 2014

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

The arena is owned by Fresno State through its California State University Fresno Association Inc. The Association is a University corporate entity managing/operating various campus facilities such as the arena, dorms, campus farm, etc.

Yes the football stadium needs work.

Football attendance is near the top of the MWC and compares to attendance in about the middle of the AAC.

My bad.  For some reason I thought that Fresno State had to pay to use that basketball arena.

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, utenation said:

So funny that you think the out of state BYU fans are more logical and sane than the Instate BYU fans that are actually around the program everyday. 

You are a perfect example of out of state insane.   Wherever I go BYU fans are the same. Worthless.

Yes, people in Utah are Utards.  You are like a text book example...

Wherever you go? 

You mean you went outside of Utah for a couple days on a trip?...Like 5 hours drive to California or Las Vegas!?!?  From that you have some keen insight to share?

Wow, you are more well traveled than most Ute fans.  You are very Utard Metropolitan.  

The Top American Research Universities
2019 Annual Report

2017 Total Research Expenditures (2017)
    $              National rank
UH 148,795 79
TT 144,896 127

UH's Medical school is in  its first year. It is expected to add large amounts to the total.

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah, I can see how the move would help the AAC, but what's in it for BYU?

Really, nothing.

A few AAC schools are fun to schedule:. Houston and Cinci were fun opponents.  But not worth joining.   Not interested in having all the games on ESPN+

MWC has a better TV deal than the AAC

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Really, nothing.

A few AAC schools are fun to schedule:. Houston and Cinci were fun opponents.  But not worth joining.   Not interested in having all the games on ESPN+

MWC has a better TV deal than the AAC

This has to be a joke.... what’s his face is the best AD ever etc?

2 hours ago, since1670 said:

University Influence
Baylor University 44.3
Rice University 40.5
Texas State 11.2

This seems like a stupid list. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Pass on the AAC's ESPN+ tv deal.

The MWC has a more appealing TV deal with Fox and CBS

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You disagree?  What do you see as the benefits to BYU of joining the AAC?

On 5/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, Pokes Forever said:

Should YBU be included it would probably be football only.  UNLV….no, they bring nothing but a good road trip.  Their heydays are over.  Not understanding why SUDS is interested.  BSU is just never happy where ever they are.  If they go they’ll be looking for a new Conf within five years….especially after the P5 becomes the P4 and eliminates some of their dead weight.

This ^

A P4 is more likely than a P6.  The powers that be won’t ad, they will subtract.  The best thing for MWC schools is to stay together and grow the MWC brand.  This is a good tight fit conference regionally.  The MWC just needs to win some games/matches when it gets to the NCAA’s.  That’s how we help ourselves, by winning.

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

10 hours ago, since1670 said:

University Influence
Baylor University 44.3
Rice University 40.5
Texas State 11.2

Bwahaha....7 years ago, and you clearly didnt read it (shocking).  Basing something on the size of someone's Wikipedia page?  How very Cougar High.   Hey...if one of your football players commits murder, UH can be even MORE influential....

• The University of Florida is 2.76 times more influential than Johns Hopkins. (It got a big assist from sports-star alumni like Tim Tebow and Aaron Hernandez.)

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

For comparing TT and UHouston, there are numerous rankings and metrics that can be examined. For example

TT has 5 National Academy Members. UHouston has 15.

Type "USNews National universities University of Houston" in your browser. Then do the same for TT. You like many haters won't actually examine rankings. It would  destroy your chosen beliefs.

I have no animosity toward TT and It is not the comparison I want to make. I  am interested in the  bottom half of the AAU. UH is creeping up on them.

This is not an appropriate forum for these exchanges. I will not post further on this subject. I apologize to the MWC fans for these postings.

17 minutes ago, since1670 said:

For comparing TT and UHouston, there are numerous rankings and metrics that can be examined. For example

Type "USNews National universities University of Houston" in your browser. Then do the same for TT. You like many haters won't actually examine rankings. It would  destroy your chosen beliefs.

I have no animosity toward TT and It is not the comparison I want to make. I  am interested in the  bottom half of the AAU. UH is creeping up on them.

This is not an appropriate forum for these exchanges. I will not post further on this subject. I apologize to the MWC fans for these postings.

The fact that you are attempting to justify things by comparing UH to Tech really says it all.  Tech doesnt have any better a rep than Cougar High.

ANd I did compare Tech to UH.  It confirmed my beliefs rather than destroyed them.  Congrats on being #176.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, since1670 said:

Houston is way more appealing than Texas Tech.

Texas Tech is a legacy school, and lucky to be where they are, in the same way that Oregon State and Washington State are in the PAC12.