Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

Just now, alum93 said:

There is zero prestige in men's basketball?  I don't call that being honest.

At the mid-major level, there is no prestige. Gonzaga has proven that. They made the WCC more appealing than the MWC just by being a member of it.

In non- revenue sports there is zero difference.

3mxsBs3.jpg

Just now, Cowboy said:

At the mid-major level, there is no prestige. Gonzaga has proven that. They made the WCC more appealing than the MWC just by being a member of it.

In non- revenue sports there is zero difference.

I literally have no idea what that means.  You mention there is zero prestige in oly sports.  Then you mention Gonzaga of all schools, which is the perfect example of prestige in men's basketball.  

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

I literally have no idea what that means.  You mention there is zero prestige in oly sports.  Then you mention Gonzaga of all schools, which is the perfect example of prestige in men's basketball.  

I can’t help what you can process.

Gonzaga has gotten no rub from the WCC. It’s been the opposite. The WCC has gotten the rub from Gonzaga.

3mxsBs3.jpg

12 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I never said four schools would leave. I asked what would the MWC do if four schools left. We know the AAC has talked about 14. We know Aresco wasn't thrilled when he invited BSU late last year and BSU said no to a football only invite. Army isn't gonna be an AAC member so of the AAC is gonna expand it's gonna be with the MWC teams unless BYU for whatever reason goes. I'm just saying of three MWC teams go, it's possible Hawaii or AF bails.

And yes. It's such a secret that only I know. I guess those emails the actual news and sports reporters found of Harsin, the AAC, and Boise State are all fake.

You are one of the few who doesn't believe anything about expansion and that's fine. But people have friends and people have jobs in the know... This shit isn't discussed by two people in a sound proof room and kept on the down low. If you don't believe anything I say why even bother commenting? Just wait til I'm proven wrong so you can say "I told you so."

Man, take an anger management class or something 

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Its POWER 6.  Doesnt matter what they do occasionally.  You look at the TV contracts, and that tells you who has the power.  You're much more likely to see a smaller power base than a larger one.  You could see a best of the rest conference, and it wouldnt make a damn bit of difference.  The best any of the G5 schools can hope for is for a few to be backfill...but if that's happening then the whole setup is probably blowing up anyways.  Been that way for 25 years, and there's nothing indicating things will be any different in the future.

The difference in TV contracts between both the AAC and MWC vs the P5 is enormous.

16 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Since you all won't believe me anyway I'll just debunk this crap.

Two years ago I posted about the BSU to the Big West move. Then the news came out and we all know what happened there. But I had mentioned the Big West had an alternative to where Boise State wouldn't have to lay so much to get membership. That was SDSU and UNLV. But at the time SDSU wasn't interested and the AAC wasn't crazy about UNLV. They wanted Air Force.

This was all brought back to light because of a sports talk radio show out of Birmingham a week or so ago and it spread. But now some AAC sports guys are running with it.

I'm surprised you all didn't see 'UNLV' and put two and two together. The Big West move was the obvious answer here and Boise State and SDSU have moved on from that.

And for the record, the AAC is calling Boise State, not the other way around. So you AAC guys don't even try that nonsense.

I would tell you what's happening but you wouldn't believe me anyway. Take it easy.

No one cares. Now go pound the keyboard somewhere else. 

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Ok, I will believe you.. what's up?

And btw, when Boise and Suds were headed to the AAC the first time around, UNLV had turned them down (yes, they were invited), as it made no sense, the AAC wasn't an upgrade from the MW. 

To be correct it was UNLV and Fresno.  They both said no to a FB only deal.  They wanted full membership and a western wing with Boise, SUDS , Houston and SMU.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

4 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

lol.  The AAC didn’t want a second military academy?  They have been trying to get Army into their conference.

From a marketing and branding standpoint, you'd think the American conference having Army, Navy, and Air Force would be a big deal. 

8 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

No schools from the MWC should join the AAC.  No schools from the AAC should join the MWC.

Both conferences need to drop the dead weight and a best of the rest should be formed!

Where would that leave UNLV, the WAC?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

If you really want to get to the bottom of this and separate fiction from non fiction check with the airports. That's where the real action happened when the WAC imploded and MWC was created.

14 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

The most boring thing about this MWC message board is these BS rumors of schools leaving.  I think they are started by another conference just to keep the MWC down and then you all react to the BS.  If you all don’t want to be in the MWC than why are you posting on the MWC board.  Just a bunch of dumb ass chest thumping. Nobody is going anywhere anytime soon. 

lt's quite possible this rumor was started by someone within the AAC. As an example, the guy who created the AztecFootball board a year ago, has followed the program since before most here were born and has a lot of contacts including a cousin who has been an NFL OC said he heard it LAST WEEK from someone associated with SMU. I don't think there's anything to this particular rumor but that doesn't mean there hasn't been communication on and off between the AAC and not just Boise's administration but also SDSU's without a doubt and likely also UNLV and maybe one or two other MWC schools.

Could those schools put an end to that communication? Hell, yes. They could tell the AAC don't call us, we'll call you. And they could also unequivocally say publicly that they will never leave the MWC for the AAC. However, they haven't.

And consider this. Not once have we heard even a social media rumor that AAC schools have communicated with Craig Thompson about coming to THIS conference.

So assuming by "soon" you mean within the next couple years, you're probably correct nobody is leaving within that time period. However, unless the MWC presidents replace Thompson "soon" with a do-something commissioner, a couple or possibly even three or more current schools WILL be leaving before the end of the decade.

28 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

lt's quite possible this rumor was started by someone within the AAC. As an example, the guy who created the AztecFootball board a year ago, has followed the program since before most here were born and has a lot of contacts including a cousin who has been an NFL OC said he heard it LAST WEEK from someone associated with SMU. I don't think there's anything to this particular rumor but that doesn't mean there hasn't been communication on and off between the AAC and not just Boise's administration but also SDSU's without a doubt and likely also UNLV and maybe one or two other MWC schools.

Could those schools put an end to that communication? Hell, yes. They could tell the AAC don't call us, we'll call you. And they could also unequivocally say publicly that they will never leave the MWC for the AAC. However, they haven't.

And consider this. Not once have we heard even a social media rumor that AAC schools have communicated with Craig Thompson about coming to THIS conference.

So assuming by "soon" you mean within the next couple years, you're probably correct nobody is leaving within that time period. However, unless the MWC presidents replace Thompson "soon" with a do-something commissioner, a couple or possibly even three or more current schools WILL be leaving before the end of the decade.

The only thing I know of the Boise State to the AAC rumor is that a UCF AD told me it’s a done deal, but Boise State has to find a home for their OLY sports.

A lot of schools need to get real smart, real ruthless and real quick.

A purging of the proletariat dead weight in both the AAC and MWC has to occur.  It is inevitable and I have been preaching this for years now.

Nobody from the MWC is going to the AAC.  Nobody from the AAC is coming to the MWC.

BYU holds the keys to forming this conference if they choose to do so.

UNLV, SDSU, Boise State, Colorado State and New Mexico should be included from the West.

Houston & SMU from Texas.

Cincinnati and Memphis should also be part of the plans.

Gonzaga should be invited to join.  Wichita State is a maybe if they fit in with the plans.

UCF and USF should be considered.

1 hour ago, 1IvyDog said:

To be correct it was UNLV and Fresno.  They both said no to a FB only deal.  They wanted full membership and a western wing with Boise, SUDS , Houston and SMU.

I find this highly unlikely.

Link?  Or just more "sources"?