Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

7 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

FIFY

5 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

FIFY

You CSU and Reno fans are like two peas in a pod. No wonder you'll both be stuck in this loser conference forever while us big boys go to greener pasture$.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Honestly question. Other than population, what does UNLV have that Reno doesn't?  I'd take Reno over UNLV every time. UNLV aren't even relevant in the conference.

^^ How to tell people you're a dork without actually saying it. ^^

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Vegas has a large population and a substantial tv market..They have been historically crappy in football forever but they do have an excellent basketball legacy.  If they get a chance to move on they get a hat tip and a good luck from me.  

I just have no problem with schools being ambitious.  

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

Vegas has a large population and a substantial tv market..They have been historically crappy in football forever but they do have an excellent basketball legacy.  If they get a chance to move on they get a hat tip and a good luck from me.  

I just have no problem with schools being ambitious.  

See everyone! This is how you respond to a rival school surpassing you with dignity. Take notes @NevadaFan

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

7 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

See everyone! This is how you respond to a rival school surpassing you with dignity. Take notes @NevadaFan

I would not say, for even a second, your school is surpassing anyone.  You have a large tv market and get to play in a nice stadium.  Your move to the AAC has little to nothing to do with your athletics..

Ibanez says you are not even in the mix for the AAC so we should perhaps wait to see what happens..

59 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You were in the thread where I leaked the BSU to the Big West years ago. I remember you were the only one who believed me. Did you know something back then?

If it was up to Aresco BSU, SDSU, and UNLV would of been in the Big West. But that was a long time ago. I think Boise State would be willing but SDSU probably not. It could happen. If you know anything PM me. But as far as I know they haven't talked in a long time. I thought I read the Big West was losing members. Could be wrong.

CSUN is in deep shit. That school has become so athletically irrelevant that nobody here even noticed but see this: https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/cal-state-northridge-puts-mens-basketball-coach-mark/story?id=7740662

Despite having had a good basketball season this year, UCR is also in deep shit. Not because of possible cheating but because its student population has diminished substantially and its faculty gets very little in research funding compared to other UC schools besides brand new Merced.

Both those schools should see the light and drop back down to the DII level.

20 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Boise State wants a long term deal with Hawaii like they got with BYU. Also, Boise State have been talking to Washington State about a three game series. A home and home plus a game in Seattle. A two and two with Oregon State, and a one off against Arizona State. These also include basketball games. These don't include games already scheduled against those teams if any. (Didn't think to look)

I don't think Boise State would be talking about scheduling if they weren't confident of a move.

LOL they are out of conference games and have no bearing on which conference they are in (except the Hawaii option).

At least this news has brought to light my new favorite for Sports Message Board Dipshit of the Year. It's an AAC board East Carolina fan named Juan something trashing SDSU and UNLV up and down as if anybody west of Dallas even knows which one of the Carolinas that Wrong Way Corrigan's school is in.

Guest #1Stunner
45 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Boise State wants a long term deal with Hawaii like they got with BYU. Also, Boise State have been talking to Washington State about a three game series. A home and home plus a game in Seattle. A two and two with Oregon State, and a one off against Arizona State. These also include basketball games. These don't include games already scheduled against those teams if any. (Didn't think to look)

I don't think Boise State would be talking about scheduling if they weren't confident of a move.

I still don't understand where Boise would put their basketball and olympic sports, though...

AAC for football.  But what about the other stuff?

Plus, the Boise vs BYU rivalry is sacred and needs to be preserved at all costs.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

I still don't understand where Boise would put their basketball and olympic sports, though...

AAC for football.  But what about the other stuff?

Plus, the Boise vs BYU rivalry is sacred and needs to be preserved at all costs.

Once we win @BroncoOrangeback, we’re canceling the series.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, rebelcuff said:

I would love it if it's for all sports. I would get to see them at USF and even UCF is not too far. If they want to plug our basketball in the big west no thank you.

The AAC is big on dining culture, waffle house, etc, and Las Vegas has a lot of breakfast themed restaurants.  It's a natural fit.

Memphis vs UNLV 

Or 

Tulane (New Orleans) vs UNLV (Las Vegas)

Natural fit.

Guest #1Stunner
43 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I would not say, for even a second, your school is surpassing anyone.  You have a large tv market and get to play in a nice stadium.  Your move to the AAC has little to nothing to do with your athletics..

Ibanez says you are not even in the mix for the AAC so we should perhaps wait to see what happens..

Disagree.

UNLV's stadium (Raider Stadium) has surpassed every school in the West.

Plus, they are building an indoor football practice facility, with a full field, are they not?

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Disagree.

UNLV's stadium (Raider Stadium) has surpassed every school in the West.

Plus, the are building an indoor football practice facility, with a full field, are they not?

Again, none of that has anything to do with the prowess or lack there of, from their football program..

I think it's funny that top teams here constantly have problems with their conference mates over stuff. 

I just kind of wonder when some of the lesser athletic depts are going to learn to not bite the hand that feeds them.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg