Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise State, San Diego State, and (drumroll) UNLV, All Sports to the AAC?

AAC, Boise or SDSU likely working behind the scenes to make the MWC appear unstable (which it is).

Truth is the MWC is the stronger conference going forward but the teams have no trust or love for each other so the conference is doomed to failure.

San Jose State never should have been invited.

Moving to the AAC is a mistake.  Staying in the MWC is a nightmare.

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

I know you want everybody to feel bad about this but I think you will be disappointed..If schools want to go, fine..Life goes on..

He just wants to be able to come back and say, "See, I told you so."

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

It's not Boise leaving it's would be coming with them. It's the numbers not the teams.

So you’re saying that Boise could just up and leave, and that it would financially harm 11 universities?  

Hmmm, now who files a lawsuit?  

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

AAC, Boise or SDSU likely working behind the scenes to make the MWC appear unstable (which it is).

Truth is the MWC is the stronger conference going forward but the teams have no trust or love for each other so the conference is doomed to failure.

San Jose State never should have been invited.

You know it’s Boise.  The sooner they leave the better.   

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He just wants to be able to come back and say, "See, I told you so."

That too, but his whole jam has been that he wants everybody to fall apart and melt down..I just don't see that happening.

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

For some reason, this reminded me of a quote from Norm on Cheers:

Can anyone more in the know about the NSHE advise if the Regents would ever let Nevada and UNLV split conferences again? For some reason I think they were dead set against that so I automatically dismiss any of these realignment threads that split the Nevada schools but I could be wrong...

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

But would you miss four schools? Would NMSU, UTEP, and Texas State make you happy? How about Grand Canyon? That's the problem. It's not what teams leave, it's the number of teams. Even if three teams leave why would Air Force stay on a conference that was gutted?

If three schools leave 9 remain..That is the perfect number for football.  They could add an oly sports school to get to 9 for basketball..All good..

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

If three schools leave 9 remain..That is the perfect number for football.  They could add an oly sports school to get to 9 for basketball..All good..

A huge thumbs up to this!  

5 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Since the MWC has already tried to breach a contract? I'd say Boise State would happily go to court. 

If BSU had a case, or were happy to go to court, they’d be there today. 

Just now, Ibanez said:

Yeah but you have to think of the locations of those schools. The MWC will need to get into some more recruiting areas. Established pipelines only go so far and then dry up with coaching turnover.

Recruiting areas are old school. Coaches don’t travel in Buick’s anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yeah but you have to think of the locations of those schools. The MWC will need to get into some more recruiting areas. Established pipelines only go so far and then dry up with coaching turnover.

You are just begging for a melt down that won't happen..Just be happy you get to leave..Don't spend your time worrying about how other fans will react..

29 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yep. The meltdown here is still a month away. But yeah, these sources are wrong. Well, they're not really it's just this news is almost two years old. I already told you all about this but you all didn't listen. It's funny how it just takes one radio station to answer a question for the internet to go crazy.

But don't worry, Boise State is almost out of here.

Welcome back with us?

36 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yawn.  No one cares, or believes, UNLV is leaving either.

The only one that would be missed is SDSU.

Reno can only follow UNLV around like a little puppy dog from conference to conference for so long until we DITCH you again.

LATER LOSERS!!! OFF TO the AAC. Where they'll appreciate our 100+ page threads of lively, objective discussion about expectations for UNLV basketball!

It was nice knowing you all! It's AAC for a bit till we get called-up to the PAC-12 or Big-12. Only a matter of time!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You were in the thread where I leaked the BSU to the Big West years ago. I remember you were the only one who believed me. Did you know something back then?

If it was up to Aresco BSU, SDSU, and UNLV would of been in the Big West. But that was a long time ago. I think Boise State would be willing but SDSU probably not. It could happen. If you know anything PM me. But as far as I know they haven't talked in a long time. I thought I read the Big West was losing members. Could be wrong.

Not true.

I'm a believer, for reasons you already shared.   I believe your source.

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Is there any Hawaii insiders on here? Ask them to confirm this. Boise State and Hawaii have talked about a schedule agreement in football similar to the one the Broncos have with BYU. I understand Boise's thinking. That's an extra game every other year. That's extra $. What team/teams that are not names BYU can Boise State play in Boise that's sure to bring the fans, cash, and excitement? That's the word.

What is this scheduling agreement you are referring to?

BYU has been trying to get a scheduling agreement with Hawaii for years.   The Rainbow Warriors new stadium in Honolulu will be amazing. 

10 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Reno can only follow UNLV around like a little puppy dog from conference to conference for so long until we DITCH you again.

LATER LOSERS!!! OFF TO the AAC. Where they'll appreciate our 100+ page threads of lively, objective discussion about expectations for UNLV basketball!

It was nice knowing you all! It's AAC for a bit till we get called-up to the PAC-12 or Big-12. Only a matter of time!

Nevada will beat Vegas no matter the conference. And if Vegas can’t win in the MWC, and the AAC is supposedly better, use your beverage degree to do that math.

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Nevada will beat Vegas no matter the conference. And if Vegas can’t win in the MWC, and the AAC is supposedly better, use your beverage degree to do that math.

yeah yeah, have fun buddying up with Wyoming and SJSU for the next 30 years. We're on to BIGGER and BETTER things little brother. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif