Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slapdad

Nevada unveils new helmets

Nevada has two (sort of) new helmets for 2021. The primary helmet will be a silver flake, similar to Notre Dame's gold flake, and an all-white alternative. Not drastically different from previous versions, but I do like the white on white and the silver flake is unique.

E0UvYQhXsAk__99?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E0UwhhjXoAUxiro?format=jpg&name=4096x409

32 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’m not a fan of using the “Pack” script all the time. Either use the wolf more often, revise the wolf or come up with a new wolf. 

I like the "Pack" Script. We used it for 15+ years when the top hat wolf was the primary logo, so I don't see why things should be any different now. 

45 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I like the "Pack" Script. We used it for 15+ years when the top hat wolf was the primary logo, so I don't see why things should be any different now. 

This. Script is a great look. Plus it will be the Nevada script against the Cal script as Nevada goes for third win in a row in the series. 

50 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I like the script as well. Nevada should revert back to the top hat wolf and script again. The newer wolf (bat) logos have been pretty bad. 

Love the silver. Not a huge fan of the white. I’m curious how the silver flecks would look on a blue helmet (either made subtle in the blue, or part of silver script).

I also like that they patented the silver helmet design.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

6 hours ago, Slapdad said:

The Top Hat logo is terrible as a primary logo, especially in 2021. Angry Dr. Seuss and football? Maybe in the past. The Pack logo is better than the angry Dr. Seuss logo, and the wolf logo is better than the Pack. 

The biggest problem with the Wolf logo is it’s often presented simplistically unfinished and one dimensional. If you look at the Nevada hats that Ault used to wear before he retired, the Wolf logo had additional layers and color that made it look good. I’m not saying it needs to look as detailed as the New Mexico Batman Joker Wolf, but at least you know it’s a wolf. 

The wolf logo is still the primary official logo for Nevada. It’s what the press uses. I’d prefer it if Knuth didn’t kick the can down the road another year like this, and just address the Wolf logo issue. There aren’t a lot of people I know of that like it the way it is. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Love the silver. Not a huge fan of the white. I’m curious how the silver flecks would look on a blue helmet (either made subtle in the blue, or part of silver script).

I also like that they patented the silver helmet design.

The white reminds me of Polian era FB. Those Polian era all white and grey uni’s with the micro font “Nevada” on the front were so boring, I’d get sleepy watching games. When is it ever in style to be afraid to express who you are and where you’re from? Letting Nike do that to the Nevada name was criminal. 

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

The silver shell and facemask looks sweet, but the script sticker on top looks cheap. Might have been cool to have a flat silver/chrome helmet, with a blue flake script and middle stripe.

The “Pack” sticker is a bit too big, and that partly makes it look cheap. To be fair, the angles of the two pics are different with the white giving a better view of the side. They could’ve gotten a better looking pic of the silver. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Nevada has two (sort of) new helmets for 2021. The primary helmet will be a silver flake, similar to Notre Dame's gold flake, and an all-white alternative. Not drastically different from previous versions, but I do like the white on white and the silver flake is unique.

E0UvYQhXsAk__99?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E0UwhhjXoAUxiro?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Rebranding? The Silver Flakes? 

Me likee!

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

2 hours ago, USU78 said:

Rebranding? The Silver Flakes? 

Me likee!

I will be painting my fez in a silver flake in an effort to align myself with AD. I'm pretty sure they'll be ecstatic to hear that I'm on board with it all.