Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

MWC has 3 Drafted Players. AAC=19. Big 12 =22

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

You were lucky you weren’t pinned.   I have lots of kayaking friends and getting pinned against a rock is my biggest fear.   I was an all American swimmer and it doesn’t mean shit if you are pinned by the current against a rock.  

I used to river guide on the American River.  Try getting a raft free once it’s wrapped around a rock. Rivers are powerful.  I was a lifeguard as a young man.  Being a strong swimmer is important, but it will only get you so far. 

That’s one of the first things to teach your kids.  Respect the ocean. Respect the river. Respect the mountains.  Respect the elements.  Mother Nature always wins. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

14 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I used to river guide on the American River.  Try getting a raft free once it’s wrapped around a rock. Rivers are powerful.  I was a lifeguard as a young man.  Being a strong swimmer is important, but it will only get you so far. 

That’s one of the first things to teach your kids.  Respect the ocean. Respect the river. Respect the mountains.  Respect the elements.  Mother Nature always wins. 

The first run down a freestone after peak runoff can be quite the ass clenching experience, turn the corner on a channel and there’s a sweeper blocking the whole thing. 

The SF Boise had this huge rock slide that cut half the river off while I was there.  

Seems like someone flips their skiff on the snake at least once a year, I think I remember a guys finger being pinned and he had to cut it off.  

6 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

The first run down a freestone after peak runoff can be quite the ass clenching experience, turn the corner on a channel and there’s a sweeper blocking the whole thing. 

The SF Boise had this huge rock slide that cut half the river off while I was there.  

Seems like someone flips their skiff on the snake at least once a year, I think I remember a guys finger being pinned and he had to cut it off.  

So nothing to do with this post but seemed better than tagging you.

The way you describe "hunting" these fish in the salt really does sound like magnificent fun, and I am sure the fight is very unique and not experienced in trout water.  One day I hope to do it.

Still though as I have said before, fishing for me is only half about the fish, the other half is the experience, the ambiance, the getting away from it all.  In that regards I simply can't imagine anything better than "fishing" (which is really for me a 3 day to 30 day escape from the world) the remote mountain rivers.  

Love you buddy.

2 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

You can fly fish the beach also.  You’d be surprised how many fish are right there in the surf. 

I've surf fished a lot in my day. But not with a fly.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I've surf fished a lot in my day. But not with a fly.

It can be tough depending on the wind, but in the early morning or late evening when it’s calm and the sun is rising or setting, it’s a kick to be casting a fly into the surf.  Hope you can try it someday. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 5/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And AAC fans weigh on average 80 pounds more than MWC  fans, while being two inches shorter.  

Why the sock puppet?

yes, we have outstanding restaurants in our cities :-) it's both a blessing and a curse.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 5/1/2021 at 9:49 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Again, the AAC had a shit ton of players opt out of playing.  Says a lot about their culture.  And shows their lack of heart.  That culture is probably why they get ass +++++ed every bowl season.

again, your entire conference 'opted out of playing' until the rest of us forced your hand...that says a lot about the MWC/MAC's total 'lack of heart'

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 5/1/2021 at 9:59 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Things realistic....AAC schools are in literal ghettos, in the ugliest cities in the first world.

someone has clearly never taken the train to New Orleans...it's a blast.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

14 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

again, your entire conference 'opted out of playing' until the rest of us forced your hand...that says a lot about the MWC/MAC's total 'lack of heart'

Yes, we cared out our student athletes and wanted to see more data come out.  Your conference does not. What do you expect though from states that were on the losing side of fighting to own other humans as property?  Fat, racist, dumb, ugly cities, campus in ghettos.  What else can be said about the AAC?

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, we cared out our student athletes and wanted to see more data come out.  Your conference does not. What do you expect though from states that were on the losing side of fighting to own other humans as property?  Fat, racist, dumb, ugly cities, campus in ghettos.  What else can be said about the AAC?

yep, we have big ole cojones and had to reach out and grab the MWC/MAC by the uhhh....data...to drag em into living up their commitment to their student-athletes.

I'm glad you now see I'm correct.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

yep, we have big ole cojones and had to reach out and grab the MWC/MAC by the uhhh....data...to drag em into living up their commitment to their student-athletes.

I'm glad you now seem I'm correct.

Nah, you see your black people as property so forced them into being in a position to opt out as there was not enough data to feel safe when you started playing.  See that nobody in the MWC opted out, because we had more data to work with.

Notice it was the slave states that started early?  Not a coincidence.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nah, you see your black people as property so forced them into being in a position to opt out as there was not enough data to feel safe when you started playing.  See that nobody in the MWC opted out, because we had more data to work with.

Notice it was the slave states that started early?  Not a coincidence.

If this were the 1820's instead of the 2020's you would have a point and the entire MWC opted out, that's why the AAC yet again participated in the Access Bowl.

tenor.gif

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

If this were the 1820's instead of the 2020's you would have a point and the entire MWC opted out, that's why the AAC yet again participated in the Access Bowl.

tenor.gif

Why was it only the slave states that did not value their black student athletes?  Coincidence?  

We all know AAC territory is the most racist in America.  This is hardly a secret.  Fat slobs, racists, living in ghetto third world cities.  AAC fans, man.

1ySa.gif

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

someone has clearly never taken the train to New Orleans...it's a blast.

They have an Amtrak that goes from Chicago to New Orleans, always wanted to try that until I moved.  

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Let's not kid ourselves. If the Castle got opened in any metropolitan area in the West, a similar scene would unfold. I mean, look at In-N-Out in Denver when it first opened.

I remember reading about the first In-N-Out opening in Colorado, if you think this is bad...