Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedRebelRed

UNLV '22 Recruiting

13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I thought you were going by average? UNLV was middle of the pack last year. Which one is it? 

Whatever point system 24/7 uses to rank when the class is SIGNED. Average is a fair way to estimate recruiting now this early in the process when since the classes are still open. All I said was Arroyo was off to hot start so far. You Donko dorks think you own the football recruiting chatter huh?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

11 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Whatever point system 24/7 uses to rank when the class is SIGNED. Average is a fair way to estimate recruiting now this early in the process when since the classes are still open. All I said was Arroyo was off to hot start so far. You Donko dorks think you own the football recruiting chatter huh?

They get upset if anyone challenges their superiority and then claim they could care less about what UNLV does, but yet they seem to have something negative to say in every thread that pertains to UNLV. I don’t get it, you’d think they’d be flattered that their being mentioned as a measuring stick and not an equal.

15 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

That's because we do. It's not close on a year-in-year-out basis. That's a fact

3 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

They get upset if anyone challenges their superiority and then claim they could care less about what UNLV does, but yet they seem to have something negative to say in every thread that pertains to UNLV. I don’t get it, you’d think they’d be flattered that their being mentioned as a measuring stick and not an equal.

Nope... like I said earlier, every single year, one teams fans crow about the WAY TOO early results in recruiting... only to finish with a typical class. This year, it's UNLVfan chomping on the hook, telling everyone they're eating caviar. It's new to you, it's the same for everyone else

On 8/4/2021 at 4:17 PM, Rebels18 said:

I already said that doofus. But still, UNLV has finished #2 in MWC Recruiting Rankings in 2020 and 2021 with only a few decimel places below the top spot. 

2022 will be their best class yet and yet again will be comfortably in the top tier with Boise and SDSU. The quality of recruiting has gone way up with Arroyo, the staff is aiming higher at recruits that UNLV would've never even bothered with in the past. All of their commits and most of their official offers have multiple P5 offers. 

Arroyo was starting from scratch in 20 & 21 while other programs were already stacked. He did a good job grabbing some talent but it won’t show until year three, four, five, etc... The key will be for him to hold unto and develop that talent while getting the crap kicked out of you.  That’s not easy to do, especially in the portal era.  You have to maintain morale and keep those guys believing in you and the process.  We will see how he does. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

16 minutes ago, badfish said:

Either a tremendous pickup or there’s a lot more to the story.

Must be more to the story.  He de-committed from Baylor last October on the same day he got an offer from Cincinnati, then de-committed from Cincinnati in January.  After Cincinnati he didn't get any more offers until UNLV a few weeks ago.

Still, Masters gives the UNLV staff their highest rated '22 commit (per 247Sports) and now the Rebels have 2 of the top 3 MWC commits for 2022... not bad for a program on an 12-game skid!  The trick will be keeping Masters committed until signing day.

12 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Must be more to the story.  He de-committed from Baylor last October on the same day he got an offer from Cincinnati, then de-committed from Cincinnati in January.  After Cincinnati he didn't get any more offers until UNLV a few weeks ago.

Still, Masters gives the UNLV staff their highest rated '22 commit (per 247Sports) and now the Rebels have 2 of the top 3 MWC commits for 2022... not bad for a program on an 12-game skid!  The trick will be keeping Masters committed until signing day.

He hasn’t gotten another offer in 14 months. I don’t think any other programs are knocking. I think your biggest concern is him qualifying.

Love that pic.

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/former-vols-qb-harrison-bailey-finds-new-home-1

Former Tennessee Volunteers quarterback Harrison Bailey, one of the crown jewels of the 2020 signing class for Jeremy Pruitt, announced his entry into the transfer portal after Tennessee's win over Kentucky.

Now Bailey has done just that, as he will transfer to UNLV. Sources close to his recruitment told Volunteer Country last week the Rebels had soared to the top over programs like Iowa, Georgia Tech, Arizona and numerous others. Bailey was slated to take an official visit to campus this past weekend. 

Other potential top transfers are expected to join Bailey in Las Vegas to play for rising star head coach Marcus Arroyo as the Rebels look to revamp their offense by throwing it 40-50 times per game. Arroyo was the key factor in Bailey decision given his time with Justin Herbert and successful offensive schemes across the country.

Bailey, a fan favorite during his time in Knoxville, will still have four years to play at UNLV; however, he will be entering his third season at the collegiate level next fall.

During his time at Tennessee, Bailey was an extremely efficient passer during the 2020 season, and he competed for the starting job in 2021 under Josh Heupel during the fall. 

The former five-star recruit will likely benefit from his name, image, and likeness by going Las Vegas as the Mountain West has continued to produce draftable quarterbacks, including Nevada's Carson strong most recently.