Jump to content
halfmanhalfbronco

45 men, women and children crushed to death in Israel. Police to blame, it looks like.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Would be an interesting research study on how @UNLV2001’s inflammatory threads and posts are so stealth/cloaked that nobody I tagged above ever sees them. 

Commies are good at cover messaging ! 

Russian GIF by memecandy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

I know what a theocracy is, and the only reason Israel exists is because of religion - And good luck on anyone wanting to be Pm of Israel & not be of the jewish religion - That was my point, Israel only exists because of religion even if it isn't the very definition of a theocracy 

Iran, Saudi Arabia & other middle east countries aren't theocracies either, but they are damn close based on the overwhelming religion of the population & they was that religion dictates the laws 

You're being stubborn. You say you know what a theocracy is, but your use of the term doesn't correspond to the definition of the word in any dictionary. I'm done with this discussion.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Idaho grad, not UNLV - And I mentioned Vatican in the initial post :banhammer:

 

And you deny Iran...which is the perfect example of a theocracy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

You're being stubborn. A state that exists because of a religion is not a theocracy. You say you know what a theocracy is, but your use of the term doesn't correspond to the definition of the word in any dictionary. I'm done with this discussion.

 

 

Ok.....Ignore I said "THEOCRACY", you're hung up on that one word.........the fact remains, Israel exists because of religion, it doesn't exist for any other reason.............so they have a elected PM & Government, doesn't change the reality that Israel was created for Jews - and name me the last time a non-Jew was elected PM of Israel 

Seriously doubt anyone not of the Jewish religion will become PM of Israel (despite it not being a true theocracy) in the coming decades 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RSF said:

And you deny Iran...which is the perfect example of a theocracy.

Iran wasn't formed as a theocracy or even based on any specific religion - Iran, Iraq & other countries are products of the Ottoman Empire falling after WWI & Britain & allies drawing up new boundaries.

Iran has morphed into a theocratic state with the hard line islamic takeover of the late 70's 

Iran was set up as a puppet kingdom with a Shah 

 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Ok.....Ignore I said "THEOCRACY", you're hung up on that one word.........the fact remains, Israel exists because of religion, it doesn't exist for any other reason.............so they have a elected PM & Government, doesn't change the reality that Israel was created for Jews - and name me the last time a non-Jew was elected PM of Israel 

Seriously doubt anyone not of the Jewish religion will become PM of Israel (despite it not being a true theocracy) in the coming decades 

I never disputed that Israel was established for Jews or is ruled by Jews. I disputed the sentence where you said "it's the only country that is a theocracy" other than the Vatican. 

:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

I never disputed that Israel was established for Jews or is ruled by Jews. I disputed the sentence where you said "it's the only country that is a theocracy" other than the Vatican. 

:

I know, I stretched on Israel being the pure definition of a theocracy & you got hung up on that use..............but we both agree, that without religion, Israel wouldn't exist as it is which was my initial point 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I know, I stretched on Israel being the pure definition of a theocracy & you got hung up on that use..............but we both agree, that without religion, Israel wouldn't exist as it is which was my initial point 

Not necessarily. Jews are not just classified as a religious group but can also identified as an ethnicity. Also, not all Jews are followers of Judaism. And not all who follow Judaism are ethnic Jews. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Iran wasn't formed as a theocracy or even based on any specific religion - Iran, Iraq & other countries are products of the Ottoman Empire falling after WWI & Britain & allies drawing up new boundaries.

Iran has morphed into a theocratic state with the hard line islamic takeover of the late 70's 

Iran was set up as a puppet kingdom with a Shah 

 

Iran was never part of the Ottoman Empire, and as Persia, fought them many times over the years. And it was never "set up" as a "puppet kingdom" for the Shah. Iran/Persia is one of the oldest countries in the world.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not necessarily. Jews are not just classified as a religious group but can also identified as an ethnicity. Also, not all Jews are followers of Judaism. And not all who follow Judaism are ethnic Jews. 

Think this goes way back & the centuries of persecution around the middle east, Europe & America. It's the one religion where there are surnames tied to it, where even non-practicing people of jewish descent still see themselves as Jewish, which almost makes it like a race rather than a religion.

Jewish people have been front & center of most every kerfuffle, since Ramses ran Egypt..........then there's the rumor mill that follows them around the globe 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 80 countries have an "official" state religion, or give preference to certain religion over others.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/10/03/key-facts-about-government-favored-religion-around-the-world/

@BSUTOP25 I think we figured out why USSR2001 hates religion so much

"all of the 10 countries that are hostile to or extremely restrictive of religion are either ruled by communist governments, such as China and Cuba, or are former communist states, such as Kazakhstan."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Over 80 countries have an "official" state religion, or give preference to certain religion over others.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/10/03/key-facts-about-government-favored-religion-around-the-world/

@BSUTOP25 I think we figured out why USSR2001 hates religion so much

"all of the 10 countries that are hostile to or extremely restrictive of religion are either ruled by communist governments, such as China and Cuba, or are former communist states, such as Kazakhstan."

Here’s a photo of @Akkula broadcasting the depiction of @Joe from WYduring the traditional Kazakhstani Running of the Jew Festival: 3C9A12D5-40EF-4592-A9EC-B316062E57E1.jpeg.a5c3a560badc7386750e00a2caab1658.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Here’s a photo of @Akkula broadcasting the depiction of @Joe from WYduring the traditional Kazakhstani Running of the Jew Festival: 3C9A12D5-40EF-4592-A9EC-B316062E57E1.jpeg.a5c3a560badc7386750e00a2caab1658.jpeg

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Iran was never part of the Ottoman Empire, and as Persia, fought them many times over the years. And it was never "set up" as a "puppet kingdom" for the Shah. Iran/Persia is one of the oldest countries in the world.

Well Persia goes back to scrapping with the Greeks And Alex the Great..............but Iran was adopted as the official name in 1935 

In 1979 the Shah was booted & the Islamic hardliners took control - the Shah line that the US & Britain set up in 1953

Saying Iran & Persia are one in the same is saying Italy is Rome - yeah, that was the HQ, but there's been border movement over the centuries 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Think this goes way back & the centuries of persecution around the middle east, Europe & America. It's the one religion where there are surnames tied to it, where even non-practicing people of jewish descent still see themselves as Jewish, which almost makes it like a race rather than a religion.

Jewish people have been front & center of most every kerfuffle, since Ramses ran Egypt..........then there's the rumor mill that follows them around the globe 

Well, remember that Jews are not a race, they’re technically a mesh of three primary subsets that form an ethnicity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Over 80 countries have an "official" state religion, or give preference to certain religion over others.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/10/03/key-facts-about-government-favored-religion-around-the-world/

@BSUTOP25 I think we figured out why USSR2001 hates religion so much

"all of the 10 countries that are hostile to or extremely restrictive of religion are either ruled by communist governments, such as China and Cuba, or are former communist states, such as Kazakhstan."

Right wingers want the USA to be country 81 on that list............would think the libertarian types would be against that happening :unsure:

  • Idiot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Well, remember that Jews are not a race, they’re technically a mesh of three primary subsets that form an ethnicity. 

Agree, not a race, but they are somewhat perceived as a race around the world .........even characterizations make them a race just like WWII cartoons make Japanese characterizations 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Right wingers want the USA to be country 81 on that list............would think the libertarian types would be against that happening :unsure:

Well well well, waiting for one of your team members to come along and scream “STRAWMAN!!!!!” :D

  • Cheers 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Agree, not a race, but they are somewhat perceived as a race around the world .........even characterizations make them a race just like WWII cartoons make Japanese characterizations 

Only by those who don’t know the difference between ethnicity and race. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...