Jump to content
halfmanhalfbronco

45 men, women and children crushed to death in Israel. Police to blame, it looks like.

Recommended Posts

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I honestly just don't care. It's amusing that people would kill themselves at a God Festival just like it would amuse me if people killed each other at a Music Festival. I mean, yeah, it's kind of +++++ed up, but on the other hand, it's kind of Darwin at work.

Then again, I'm the same guy, who, after the Harvest Festival shooting/Tom Petty overdose, went to class the next day and made the joke "I heard 30,000 people went to see a Country festival and 55 got to meet Tom Petty afterward", which sparked off a wild litany of outrage among my classmates. It turned out some chick in that class had been shot at the festival in Las Vegas. Lmao. I mean, it's not funny someone got shot there, but it is funny in that it felt like something out of a Kevin Smith film.

Everyone thought I was an asshole anyway, beforehand, based mostly on my boredom-induced BlueRules-inspired commentary, but that cemented it.

Oh well. +++++ 'em if they can't take a joke. So take my views with a grain of salt. Or cancel me. It's all good.

Joe's a nihilist

we-are-nihilists-we-believe-in-nothing.j

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My take on the whole 45 people getting crushed to death is that it’s simply tactless to make snide remarks, regardless of their religion or lack there of. But carry on.

Don't listen to Joe...he's a nihilist.

These men are cowards.

3sQgIuM.jpg?fb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

 

Your posts up thread made me hella laugh. But this is a classic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Israel is not a theocracy. The symbol means nothing in terms of the type of government. The UK flag is a combination of the crosses of three different saints (George, Andrew and Patrick). A theocracy is rule by religious leaders. Israel is a Parliamentary democracy where some of the parties are religious. MPs of religious parties have rarely held government positions, led alone been national leaders. Iran would be close as the Ayatollah has more power than the elected leaders. 

Good points, but Israel was carved out of the eastern Mediterranean coast for the single reason of giving Jews a homeland - Iran is ruled by Islamic hard liners but Iran wasn't created as a homeland for Muslims - The British basically partitioned countries in the middle east after WWI.......and then in 1947 Israel was carved out for one specific religion, which (to this day) has rankled Palestine & others in that immediate region.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Good points, but Israel was carved out of the eastern Mediterranean coast for the single reason of giving Jews a homeland - Iran is ruled by Islamic hard liners but Iran wasn't created as a homeland for Muslims - The British basically partitioned countries in the middle east after WWI.......and then in 1947 Israel was carved out for one specific religion, which (to this day) has rankled Palestine & others in that immediate region.

 

I know the history of the founding of the state of Israel. The origin of the state does not determine whether or not it is a theocracy. You need to look up the definition of the word. A theocracy is a country ruled by religious leaders. Israel has never been that. It was founded as a homeland for Jews, but in its early days it was as much an experiment in idealistic agrarian socialism carried out by people of Jewish ethnicity as it was a haven for the Jewish faith. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Your posts up thread made me hella laugh. But this is a classic.

If you look at Stunners full body of work, he’s one of the legends of this place.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happycamper said:

But you had to ban Steve like 15 times, all the while he's insisting that his new wingman account was a totally new person

Sergio from Fresno, Felipe from Albuquerque, Steve had a lot of friends.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

 

"Israel' as a country only exists because of religion - Their flag is a religious symbol, Middle East Logo GIF by xponentialdesign

Outside of Vatican City it's the only country that is a theocracy unless I'm missing some small country somewhere - And no Saudi Arabia isn't a theocracy, it's a  "kingdom" that is run like a theocracy, but it wasn't created specifically for a specific religion 

Your UNLV education is on full display.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/theocracy-countries

https://www.britannica.com/topic/theocracy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I know the history of the founding of the state of Israel. The origin of the state does not determine whether or not it is a theocracy. You need to look up the definition of the word. A theocracy is a country ruled by religious leaders. Israel has never been that. It was founded as a homeland for Jews, but in its early days it was as much an experiment in idealistic agrarian socialism carried out by people of Jewish ethnicity as it was a haven for the Jewish faith. 

I have several current and former colleagues who are Israeli and they’re about as secular as one can be. You’re absolutely correct about Israel’s government — for all its faults, it isn’t a theocracy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 6:01 AM, NVGiant said:

Blow it out your ass. I never even opened that thread, and would have had no idea what you were talking about had you not thought it a great idea to call me out here. Last time he started with his anti-religious garbage a couple weeks ago  I called him out.

Same, I actually have work to do some days and definitely don't go into every thread. I also definitely dont go after bob or convert or anyone else unless I'm already in a thread and have a difference of opinion. Otherwise who cares, I'm trying to have meaningful conversations, not be an internet cop. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - how can anybody NOT know that Iran is a theocracy?

 

 

The Pilgrims can here for religious freedom - does that make Massachusetts a theocracy?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 3:37 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

@#1Stunner- you’re absolutely right. Interesting that we don’t see the following people pushing back on USSR2001’s disgusting remarks about 45 people getting crushed to death:

@happycamper, @renoskier, @tspoke, @SJSUMFA2013, @Maji, @IanforHeisman, @retrofade, @AztecSU, @NVGiant, @sactowndog, @NevadaFan, @Nevada6077, @818SUDSFan, @youngredbullfan, @Lester_in_reno, @Billings, @Akkula, @son of a gun

But we all know why that is. Yeah, teams and shit. Derby nominations are right around the corner. Lol

Not really sure what teams has to do with this thread until you made it about teams. I don't really check this board on weekends most of the time. I'm living my life. Looks like 2001 made a comment and others quickly jumped on him for it. So even if I was looking at this thread this weekend, not sure what I would have to add other than dogpiling saying the same thing someone else already had. I usually only comment if I think I can ring something new to the conversation. If someone else said what I was thinking I move on and maybe throw a thumbs up. 

 

As a lapsed catholic who doesn't really believe anymore but still has respect for the institutions and traditions of Catholicism, I tend to stay out of religious debates.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Not really sure what teams has to do with this thread until you made it about teams. I don't really check this board on weekends most of the time. I'm living my life. Looks like 2001 made a comment and others quickly jumped on him for it. So even if I was looking at this thread this weekend, not sure what I would have to add other than dogpiling saying the same thing someone else already had. I usually only comment if I think I can ring something new to the conversation. If someone else said what I was thinking I move on and maybe throw a thumbs up. 

 

As a lapsed catholic who doesn't really believe anymore but still has respect for the institutions and traditions of Catholicism, I tend to stay out of religious debates.

Moderate Repub...Errr Libertarians sure are weird in this place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

Moderate Repub...Errr Libertarians sure are weird in this place. 

Those guys aren’t as weird as the “centrists.” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tspoke said:

Not really sure what teams has to do with this thread until you made it about teams. I don't really check this board on weekends most of the time. I'm living my life. Looks like 2001 made a comment and others quickly jumped on him for it. So even if I was looking at this thread this weekend, not sure what I would have to add other than dogpiling saying the same thing someone else already had. I usually only comment if I think I can ring something new to the conversation. If someone else said what I was thinking I move on and maybe throw a thumbs up. 

 

As a lapsed catholic who doesn't really believe anymore but still has respect for the institutions and traditions of Catholicism, I tend to stay out of religious debates.

Would be an interesting research study on how @UNLV2001’s inflammatory threads and posts are so stealth/cloaked that nobody I tagged above ever sees them. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Those guys aren’t as weird as the “centrists.” 

yes they are...the true weirdos are the centrists & libertarians...normies just slurp up Dem/Rep standards. Rather be a weirdo. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

yes they are...the true weirdos are the centrists & libertarians...normies just slurp up Dem/Rep standards. Rather be a weirdo. 

giphy.gif

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I know the history of the founding of the state of Israel. The origin of the state does not determine whether or not it is a theocracy. You need to look up the definition of the word. A theocracy is a country ruled by religious leaders. Israel has never been that. It was founded as a homeland for Jews, but in its early days it was as much an experiment in idealistic agrarian socialism carried out by people of Jewish ethnicity as it was a haven for the Jewish faith. 

I know what a theocracy is, and the only reason Israel exists is because of religion - And good luck on anyone wanting to be Pm of Israel & not be of the jewish religion - That was my point, Israel only exists because of religion even if it isn't the very definition of a theocracy 

Iran, Saudi Arabia & other middle east countries aren't theocracies either, but they are damn close based on the overwhelming religion of the population & they was that religion dictates the laws 

  • Facepalm 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...