Jump to content
halfmanhalfbronco

45 men, women and children crushed to death in Israel. Police to blame, it looks like.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

 

Just seems that whenever @Bobor @Nevada Convertposts something like this, the bat signal goes up. So from now until the derby, this will be my tactic for when your team posts something like the above:

@happycamper, @renoskier, @tspoke, @SJSUMFA2013, @Maji, @IanforHeisman, @retrofade, @AztecSU, @NVGiant, @sactowndog, @NevadaFan, @Nevada6077, @818SUDSFan, @youngredbullfan, @Lester_in_reno, @Billings, @Akkula, @son of a gun, @UNLV2001!!!!!

:D

If people responded every time NC or Bob posted something like this,  we'd all have much higher post counts

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, happycamper said:

If people responded every time NC or Bob posted something like this,  we'd all have much higher post counts

Yet you still won’t call USSR out. Yeah, tells us all we need to know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Yet you still won’t call USSR out. Yeah, tells us all we need to know. 

It was a single bad comment.  You think I hunt the board for single bad comments to disparage? Is that what you do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, happycamper said:

It was a single bad comment.  You think I hunt the board for single bad comments to disparage? Is that what you do?

He’s made plenty of bad comments. But you never go after him. NEVER. Or anyone else on your team. But it’s not as if you’re intellectually honest or consistent, so doesn’t do much good to point this out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anti-religion zealots are just as bad as religious zealots. Both approach interactions from a place of superiority, as if they alone have figured out the secret sauce to human existence and everyone else are rubes. Screw them. I say this as a member of no organized religion. 

That said using death as some kind of proof God doesn't exist is pretty dumb. God has existed, in some form, for the vast majority of humans who have ever lived and every one of those humans has died or will die. That argument does not prove or disprove anything. The intent of belief in God is not to achieve immortality on Earth. At least not that I have found in any studies.

  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Anti-religion zealots are just as bad as religious zealots. Both approach interactions from a place of superiority, as if they alone have figured out the secret sauce to human existence and everyone else are rubes. Screw them. I say this as a member of no organized religion. 

That said using death as some kind of proof God doesn't exist is pretty dumb. God has existed, in some form, for the vast majority of humans who have ever lived and every one of those humans has died or will die. That argument does not prove or disprove anything. The intent of belief in God is not to achieve immortality on Earth. At least not that I have found in any studies.

Preach Amy Poehler GIF by Sisters

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Anti-religion zealots are just as bad as religious zealots. Both approach interactions from a place of superiority, as if they alone have figured out the secret sauce to human existence and everyone else are rubes. Screw them. I say this as a member of no organized religion. 

That said using death as some kind of proof God doesn't exist is pretty dumb. God has existed, in some form, for the vast majority of humans who have ever lived and every one of those humans has died or will die. That argument does not prove or disprove anything. The intent of belief in God is not to achieve immortality on Earth. At least not that I have found in any studies.

In my younger, more zealous days, I used to be extremely critical of LDS. But then I grew out of that. I love and respect pretty much all people equally  nowadays, except Californians.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

In my younger, more zealous days, I used to be extremely critical of LDS. But then I grew out of that. I love and respect pretty much all people equally  nowadays, except Californians.

 

AAC fans?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

AAC fans?

 

I’ve grown to be okay with them too since I’ve been exposed to a lot of East Coast SportsCenter over the past couple of years. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

In my younger, more zealous days, I used to be extremely critical of LDS. But then I grew out of that. I love and respect pretty much all people equally  nowadays, except Californians.

The fires of youth should be tempered over time. At least by thinking people. Californians aside.

Though I don't subscribe to any certain religion, because I don't believe in the "My God can beat up your God" aspect, I still have a healthy admiration for religious people. People who live by a code allow for a successful society. As long as there is a healthy variety of belief.. You can disagree with the code and still respect it.

  • Cheers 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

Or for this thread, a ve-nomar!

Ha! I stand corrected.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@#1Stunner- you’re absolutely right. Interesting that we don’t see the following people pushing back on USSR2001’s disgusting remarks about 45 people getting crushed to death:

@happycamper, @renoskier, @tspoke, @SJSUMFA2013, @Maji, @IanforHeisman, @retrofade, @AztecSU, @NVGiant, @sactowndog, @NevadaFan, @Nevada6077, @818SUDSFan, @youngredbullfan, @Lester_in_reno, @Billings, @Akkula, @son of a gun

But we all know why that is. Yeah, teams and shit. Derby nominations are right around the corner. Lol

I've been working long hours, and that comment was posted yesterday. Expecting someone to read all the comments made during work is unrealistic. Sometimes I'll briefly skim through things during lunch or my 15 minute break, but I missed this individual comment. Also: if I condemned all the posts I disagreed with, I'd be responding to the majority of the posts on this forum

As for the comment: Tragedies don't disprove the existence of a God. God isn't supposed to stop all bad things from happening

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

He’s made plenty of bad comments. But you never go after him. NEVER. Or anyone else on your team. But it’s not as if you’re intellectually honest or consistent, so doesn’t do much good to point this out.

The idea we're all part of the same team is too simplistic. Yes, we're left-of-center, but I disagree with some of those posters on the majority of things

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maji said:

The idea we're all part of the same team is too simplistic. Yes, we're left-of-center, but I disagree with some of those posters on the majority of things

Look, my thing with tagging you guys was half serious half tongue in cheek. With that said, it would be nice if those who, like you, are left of center would police their own a bit more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, renoskier said:

Bullshit. People who believe stupid shit, and sometimes die because of it, get mocked here on a regular basis.

Why the hell does religion get a pass?

They weren't doing stupid shit in this instance. The comment made was very unnecessary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

They weren't doing stupid shit in this instance. The comment made was very unnecessary. 

Argument reads that any celebration of faith is the "stupid shit" and belief in a higher power is "stupid shit".

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The next time there is a mass shooting targeting members of a certain religion, I fully expect Renoskier and UNLV2001 to start cracking wise about their stupid god not saving them.  You know, consistency.

 

Don't kid yourself - the god love killing - See Old Testament 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Anti-religion zealots are just as bad as religious zealots. Both approach interactions from a place of superiority, as if they alone have figured out the secret sauce to human existence and everyone else are rubes. Screw them. I say this as a member of no organized religion. 

That said using death as some kind of proof God doesn't exist is pretty dumb. God has existed, in some form, for the vast majority of humans who have ever lived and every one of those humans has died or will die. That argument does not prove or disprove anything. The intent of belief in God is not to achieve immortality on Earth. At least not that I have found in any studies.

Could be true, because every draft day & recruit signing day, god seems focused on helping the players according to the tweets & releases they put out 

Perhaps the gods are more of the sports nature & nor so much saving souls & clean living as we've been led to believe :hmmm:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Look, my thing with tagging you guys was half serious half tongue in cheek. With that said, it would be nice if those who, like you, are left of center would police their own a bit more. 

In general, I'd say many lefties (including here) are progressive in abstract, but conservative in reality

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...