Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

45 men, women and children crushed to death in Israel. Police to blame, it looks like.

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

My Mrs. had this little story of one of our local USA based religions..........back in the day (grew up mostly in Boise area) her mother sort of bounced between churches (who knows why?!) Anyway, the wife got baptised in one of these churches but never really went or attended as mom had moved on to whatever her new focus was...........BUT, once the wife got dipped, she was on the roster.........that was 1975-78 years...........fast forward to 2018 & out of the blue the wife starts getting door knocks from the "local women's" group about why she hasn't been around the church?!?! Few door knocks, some cakes & treats left at the door, mail comes that the "BISHOP" will stop by to see her!! Who the hell is the "BISHOP" we asked?!?!

So finally the wife asked around if anyone else had to shake loose of this incessant pestering & someone said they knew of an attorney who regularly does this (and for free!), so the wife gets with this lawyer & I guess he fires off a form letter (free remember) to the Church HQ to cease & desist with this buggering about attending their church - so after some time goes by the visits stop, the mail ends & serenity is restored !!!

Weird thing was, the church has records going back years & once you're dipped in the waters of glory, you're in for life they believe - Mind you this was mid 1970's to 2018 and the wife had not set foot in or had any relationship to this church since the mid 70's 

no bradley walsh graham GIF by Doctor Who

@AndroidAggie 

3 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

God has blessed us but we still need troops. Look no further than Revelations (12:7-9) 

A war in Heaven between Angel's. Michael is on the good guy side, Satan is on the other side. ( Much like Nevada vs the red devil UnLv). Anyhow, Michael's Angel's win and Satan is cast down to the earth with the fallen rebels..err angels.  Where he ( they ) still try to lead the world astray.

It's a constant battle to try and be good, just,caring,etc In this world. We need troops with better weapons than the enemy. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so we may join in Heaven. 

But, for now, we live in a battlefield created by the Creator.

God loves some killing !! 

God has blessed us but we still need troops. Look no further than Revelations (12:7-9) 

A war in Heaven between Angel's. Michael is on the good guy side, Satan is on the other side. ( Much like Nevada vs the red devil UnLv). Anyhow, Michael's Angel's win and Satan is cast down to the earth with the fallen rebels..err angels.  Where he ( they ) still try to lead the world astray.

It's a constant battle to try and be good, just,caring,etc In this world. We need troops with better weapons than the enemy. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so we may join in Heaven. 

Weird thing about the devil concept - if god created everything then he also created the devil, which he seems to have little power to eliminate despite god being the creator of everything............pretty sure god needs a devil so there's a "bad cop" story- Otherwise why have the battle of good vs evil that churches play up 

It's like UFC !! 

What about the poor suckers who lived & died before Jesus was pinned up ?!?! T

his always makes me wonder why everyone before Jesus was just ignored ?!?!

Guess Dog got the "died for our sins" clue a few thousand years too late :huh: 

Pity for them :unsure:

20 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

God loves some killing !! 

Can't argue that. The old testament was full of stuff like and eye for and eye. Sodom and Gomoreah or even better the great flood. Wiped out the whole planet, except for the righteous dude Noah and his family. God had a short temper back then. Didn't suffer fools well.

Weird thing about the devil concept - if god created everything then he also created the devil, which he seems to have little power to eliminate despite god being the creator of everything............pretty sure god needs a devil so there's a "bad cop" story- Otherwise why have the battle of good vs evil that churches play up 

It's like UFC !! 

Well duh! 

What about the poor suckers who lived & died before Jesus was pinned up ?!?! T

his always makes me wonder why everyone before Jesus was just ignored ?!?!

Guess Dog got the "died for our sins" clue a few thousand years too late :huh: 

Pity for them :unsure:

The poor suckers were going through many different 'religions ' ...alot of confusion.  Worship the Golden Calf, the orange cheeto(sorry that slipped in) but they weren't ignored. I'd bet the good people of that time are in heaven. 

I'd venture God decided , okay what I've done with the Ten Commandments and such isn't really hitting the market share I want.

I need boots on the street. A viable miracle making son who can look people in the eye. Nothing like person to person marketing. 

It worked. 

48 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Can't argue that. The old testament was full of stuff like and eye for and eye. Sodom and Gomoreah or even better the great flood. Wiped out the whole planet, except for the righteous dude Noah and his family. God had a short temper back then. Didn't suffer fools well.

TotalKillsByBook r3

49 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Also remember god so loved his creation that he killed off all the first born kiddies when he was upset with Egypt ...........along with all the kids & fetuses when we wiped out everyone with the flood & carpet bombing the two towns that got his halo all off kilter.

Ruthless bastard was the old goat :unsure:

On 5/1/2021 at 10:24 AM, SharkTanked said:

Anti-religion zealots are just as bad as religious zealots. Both approach interactions from a place of superiority, as if they alone have figured out the secret sauce to human existence and everyone else are rubes. Screw them. I say this as a member of no organized religion. 

That said using death as some kind of proof God doesn't exist is pretty dumb. God has existed, in some form, for the vast majority of humans who have ever lived and every one of those humans has died or will die. That argument does not prove or disprove anything. The intent of belief in God is not to achieve immortality on Earth. At least not that I have found in any studies.

You don't see as many bible-thumpers these days. Hell, a preacher got arrested in UK for causing 'alarm and distress' for quoting some Genesis on biblical marriage. Anti-religion zeal is a mainstream now, and much, much worse. People think being an atheist adds 10 points to their IQ or something. You mix dumb people ( @UNLV2001 ) with a highschool level class on evolution and think they have creation and life all figured out. 

"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass, God is waiting for you"- Werner Heisenberg 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 5/4/2021 at 9:36 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Also remember god so loved his creation that he killed off all the first born kiddies when he was upset with Egypt ...........along with all the kids & fetuses when we wiped out everyone with the flood & carpet bombing the two towns that got his halo all off kilter.

Ruthless bastard was the old goat :unsure:

Like I said God didn't suffer fools well. He warned the Pharoah about his treatment of Moses and his people. Pharoah thought he was as powerful as God.  Same folly most who wield great power fall into. And yes God did/does love his creation so much that he would make a sacrifice of those would not listen after repeated warnings. He gave them a chance. Those who chose not to listen were stricken.  

It was the old days as I said before. Nothing you have to worry about. Jesus died for your sins...believe it or not.

16 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Like I said God didn't suffer fools well. He warned the Pharoah about his treatment of Moses and his people. Pharoah thought he was as powerful as God.  Same folly most who wield great power fall into. And yes God did/does love his creation so much that he would make a sacrifice of those would not listen after repeated warnings. He gave them a chance. Those who chose not to listen were stricken.  

It was the old days as I said before. Nothing you have to worry about. Jesus died for your sins...believe it or not.

That's the sales pitch - but by the time god (Jesus supposed 'father') got around to having Jesus do his thing lot's of people came & went without knowing this fantastic development & then took 1500 years to get the word spread to the rest of the planet's humans .......an effort that was a solid mix of good intentions, benevolence, violence, persecution, destruction & mayhem 

God needs to step up his / her /it's game & get the message planted in a more efficient manner than how he went about it - having his kid stroll around a few square miles of middle eastern desert, only to be tried, sentenced & executed by the very people who god when to bat for when they had their snit with Pharaoh - talk about lack of loyalty ! :unsure: 

4 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

That's the sales pitch - but by the time god (Jesus supposed 'father') got around to having Jesus do his thing lot's of people came & went without knowing this fantastic development & then took 1500 years to get the word spread to the rest of the planet's humans .......an effort that was a solid mix of good intentions, benevolence, violence, persecution, destruction & mayhem 

God needs to step up his / her /it's game & get the message planted in a more efficient manner than how he went about it - having his kid stroll around a few square miles of middle eastern desert, only to be tried, sentenced & executed by the very people who god when to bat for when they had their snit with Pharaoh - talk about lack of loyalty ! :unsure: 

People suck.

Speaking of Israel, just thought I'd share these pictures I took at the Garden of Gethsemane, just outside of Jerusalem.

NCuaX0khzh610gADAXLyu0FTB1iwIESclV6UqMhv8zvvLEUTUKkylp2s2ajWjNaQjidfG6wvXqAnw2AlyqeQFZBDXwigY8YQHTybmAzwyxZH9r4b513LEoep3X7ec5jflGqH-88dqKnIR3XlwVbjkiiGHDZDYp4UJyk5V8kZwaAPIN_B2PO-9lENotWH-cIyLO64IOA4q-HlsxafjF1bVD2wcEAb9whFfGcyPGH6yostGgE_opoW3fTio48Km0euBZzNZvGbYeXdYZrqY_0jEbAhs3R0Gc7zJfdq7u92_C7un3e4CG8XzY4Di3qm3BDUerB-5bYooBATH_0LTFWwn6dvB-xo8EOLSIqFEvrGqNWkwZELMaBTOhNXu4uhgLJD38EbzwHu5g5mBcwvVGzJQp_OlbGjRFpgqV8GTp7x5kM_Kfn4a8GcdafOAsMWOId0DJWhH9SOkYir9hcTt1VqNOuNYc5-wmDBxpo7e3a_r5Ltk0KujxRpyCWxFaSrbBmxqKSrGnov-gYHfxVLtqHENrrIaXpjfCNby21bwj_4of_YDT_0VetVbAxlhH-Y5s2LWJUDS_LUUOIb2zlUUFrBaWnlWYigaRoF-ztTlmnQO_7Vg_dvv2UjLbEpiPit9JTONOqRTf2lDODJ62AdKyqSHqVPbzsgzp2z96Qyr1e7oXfqRQ-vdDimCiDMSZrWQVJofqSNHlzNtdd7rqCCwBb6rRpY=w887-h665-no?authuser=0

ZL-h0512DjvflAKGzTcNIbRxuvDHypw7KJy6MWQcA_U0ETNSI2y7t0--uasX6rdpSsfh645FqA-QgenBSijCgUfwLW16LfR3L_iUNuubwjpLtscmkG9dZbJnXzxT3Y36X5dBypchi6Gt7nby4DgJszGehSj13rVFzP7hFkADgBp8V9tBFFOrtP2hkpg9tW2X5tkzQuCeqKMLLMjjgC_PIyDxN5OFMwn1QwURV3wzcdfA7l9wSW1FpuOyWl1w4v8_dSgY5UxPVrxpKHQLmp9gwEpusDQWI5OqfuBo8xkNLxidKt9EdqsvaljquCjZKuT5eU2r89_UC2bStK3CJJIUVWza5CrlqnlMMjyXt3z01bpnnKtlGN1LioHhVmvcgSLMbfzR61qwJXlmaKTbFosoY98wy0r0gOq-X7POxBCgMwfYtK6RlK3wFSK5UkgSXH2qMjHSAhYzaDVVovebghNzEo3lrRb3SAMzbEXsQKNUafhSXwLJ8UEr8u2BQuUjgc0mtoqIDc7Fmfa7pfI_aGl3JE8ZTLrQz4_NYgcm98TS9K9vQfcMDh1Botvz8HJsJnSSua2TKrollBAeb3exV9-GpN1YFX1GHVgJFhXB1Wd2RA-qUjf-UHpRSrnIaIRvwcZ0fRCq3DUldLU_52KRNSkalq0u_ixlHvse_kr-740MZS5S7a4y4EYsCbJ5Sf2SwlzL_wC-54hV_YfBpl8mZAFryjcS=w887-h665-no?authuser=0