Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

45 men, women and children crushed to death in Israel. Police to blame, it looks like.

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’ve never understood the hatred of Jewish people. It makes no sense other than scapegoat application of a society’s shortcomings, like what happened in Central Europe in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Dislike of the Israeli government and its policies is one thing but hatred of an entire ethnicity is another. 

Yeah - For whatever reason, history has tagged Jews with perceived "issues" that span all kinds of nefarious doin's ?!?!

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Furthermore, the monarch of England is literally the head of the church of England.

Is England a theocracy?

No it’s not. It’s a constitutional monarchy with parliamentary style governance. In England, and throughout the UK, citizens are not obligated to be a member of the Church of England. Nor is the government beholden to the Church. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, no.  Half the country does not want to persecute muslims.  Try again.

Didn't say half the country, ut I'll give you 70+% of republicans - which fortunately for America is way less than half !! 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Yeah - For whatever reason, history has tagged Jews with perceived "issues" that span all kinds of nefarious doin's ?!?!

My philosophy is to love everyone no matter their race, ethnicity, religion, sex/identity, or nationality. Except Californians, +++++ them.

6 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I believe a vast majority of us on this board prefer a secular government that allows for religious expression. 

Fine with me, just don't knock on my door about it or have to mention your particular deity when being recruited or ending a political speech 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Didn't say half the country, ut I'll give you 70+% of republicans - which fortunately for America is way less than half !! 

I live in Idaho and have never had a conversation with a Republican who advocated for persecuting Muslims.  

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No it’s not. It’s a constitutional monarchy with parliamentary style governance. In England, and throughout the UK, citizens are not obligated to be a member of the Church of England. Nor is the government beholden to the Church. 

Was the USSR under Lenin a theocracy?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Fine with me, just don't knock on my door about it or have to mention your particular deity when being recruited or ending a political speech 

Learn to tune it out. I live in New England and have to exist around the Patriot zealots. They’re worse than the Taliban. 

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Slow slog in the western world where the monarchic legacy & the spread of Christianity (then basically Roman Catholic with Pope) - Said somewhere here Hank 8 started the split & then finally Britain moved to parliamentary govt in 1600's 

For awhile there Kings & monarchs of Europe always got the Pope on board for most doin's 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Slow slog in the western world where the monarchic legacy & the spread of Christianity (then basically Roman Catholic with Pope) - Said somewhere here Hank 8 started the split & then finally Britain moved to parliamentary govt in 1600's 

For awhile there Kings & monarchs of Europe always got the Pope on board for most doin's 

I also lived in Finland where there’s a state church, Lutheran. If you don’t want to be a Lutheran, you have to divorce the church. There’s no consequence to that except that you can’t get married in a state church by a Lutheran minister. That and you get out of having to pay a church tax. Yes, that’s right. In Finland people pay a state church tax unless they opt out. 

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Ask @Akkula

I personally think yes. Was just trying to drum up some convo

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I also lived in Finland where there’s a state church, Lutheran. If you don’t want to be a Lutheran, you have to divorce the church. There’s no consequence to that except that you can’t get married in a state church by a Lutheran minister. That and you get out of having to pay a church tax. Yes, that’s right. In Finland people pay a state church tax unless they opt out. 

My Mrs. had this little story of one of our local USA based religions..........back in the day (grew up mostly in Boise area) her mother sort of bounced between churches (who knows why?!) Anyway, the wife got baptised in one of these churches but never really went or attended as mom had moved on to whatever her new focus was...........BUT, once the wife got dipped, she was on the roster.........that was 1975-78 years...........fast forward to 2018 & out of the blue the wife starts getting door knocks from the "local women's" group about why she hasn't been around the church?!?! Few door knocks, some cakes & treats left at the door, mail comes that the "BISHOP" will stop by to see her!! Who the hell is the "BISHOP" we asked?!?!

So finally the wife asked around if anyone else had to shake loose of this incessant pestering & someone said they knew of an attorney who regularly does this (and for free!), so the wife gets with this lawyer & I guess he fires off a form letter (free remember) to the Church HQ to cease & desist with this buggering about attending their church - so after some time goes by the visits stop, the mail ends & serenity is restored !!!

Weird thing was, the church has records going back years & once you're dipped in the waters of glory, you're in for life they believe - Mind you this was mid 1970's to 2018 and the wife had not set foot in or had any relationship to this church since the mid 70's 

no bradley walsh graham GIF by Doctor Who

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Well, remember that Jews are not a race, they’re technically a mesh of three primary subsets that form an ethnicity. 

Much like Palestinians, no ?

4 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Much like Palestinians, no ?

Similarly yes. Although Palestinians technically never had a distinct ethnicity. They’re a mix of people and cultures from around that region. They could be forming into one.

4 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

If god really blessed us all, the world wouldn't need troops :oldman:

God has blessed us but we still need troops. Look no further than Revelations (12:7-9) 

A war in Heaven between Angel's. Michael is on the good guy side, Satan is on the other side. ( Much like Nevada vs the red devil UnLv). Anyhow, Michael's Angel's win and Satan is cast down to the earth with the fallen rebels..err angels.  Where he ( they ) still try to lead the world astray.

It's a constant battle to try and be good, just,caring,etc In this world. We need troops with better weapons than the enemy. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so we may join in Heaven. 

But, for now, we live in a battlefield created by the Creator.