Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

45 men, women and children crushed to death in Israel. Police to blame, it looks like.

Crowds of people can be terrifying. 

https://theconversation.com/ten-tips-for-surviving-a-crowd-crush-112169

Also not a good idea to ever block passageways, but sounds like they may have been keeping it blocked off because of the slippery steps?

I walk down the ramp from the top of the slope where the crowd swelled. It is made of metal, with no steps, and eyewitness say it was wet and slippery.

Then the narrow passageway turns hard to the right and there are steep steps. One man points down them. "The police, they put barriers there!" he says, anger rising in his voice.

People say they could not get out as the crowd at the top, unaware, carried on coming.

7 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

That’s my worst nightmare being claustrophobic.. What a terrible way to die. 

No doubt. I would suggest a safe place such as..buying season tickets to UNLolV. Very safe from claustrophobia. 

6 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

If only a god was there to look out for them ............wait ?!?! :blink::unsure: 

Seriously @mugtang - this creep shouldn’t be a mod. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

44 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You and I realized we should not be mods.  @UNLV2001 is one of my favorite posters when he is posting cool articles about random advances in various fields, that is absolute gold.

This particular post (and others, especially relating to faith) are just beyond tactless. 

UNLV2001...hang em up.  Not like you do any moderating anyways.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You and I realized we should not be mods.  @UNLV2001 is one of my favorite posters when he is posting cool articles about random advances in various fields, that is absolute gold.

This particular post (and others, especially relating to faith) are just beyond tactless. 

UNLV2001...hang em up.  Not like you do any moderating anyways.

C'mon you two gun toting he-men should be able to handle a little dig at imaginary beings............hell, gents I've laid off Peter Pan, Superman, Batman & other imaginary superheros ?!?!

Let's not get caught up in cancel culture & reactionary authoritarianism just because I mention some oddball religious "hoop" that you libertarian loving gents should view as abhorrent to begin with  :oldman:

We will all feast with Odin in Valhalla one distant day & laugh at the reality that we thought Jesus, Mohammed, God & Shiva were the real deal :cheers:

Odin GIF by Assassin's Creed

Plus my gun posts should get yer panties in a bunch more than any religious comments, because GUNS are the AMERICAN GOD we worship 

gun GIF

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

C'mon you two gun toting he-men should be able to handle a little dig at imaginary beings............hell, gents I've laid off Peter Pan, Superman, Batman & other imaginary superheros ?!?!

Let's not get caught up in cancel culture & reactionary authoritarianism just because I mention some oddball religious "hoop" that you libertarian loving gents should view as abhorrent to begin with  :oldman:

We will all feast with Odin in Valhalla one distant day & laugh at the reality that we thought Jesus, Mohammed, God & Shiva were the real deal :cheers:

Odin GIF by Assassin's Creed

Plus my gun posts should get yer panties in a bunch more than any religious comments, because GUNS are the AMERICAN GOD we worship 

gun GIF

Dude your post was beyond shit.  I forgive you though. I just think posters like you, and me, who make such incendiary and tactless comments should not be mods.

Hang em up.  That post was gross.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Dude your post was beyond shit.  I forgive you though. I just think posters like you, and me, who make such incendiary and tactless comments should not be mods.

Hang em up.  That post was gross.

Don't see it as gross.......just a question as to where was the guy who they were all there to honor & worship, the guy who they dedicate their lives to............and this happens - might test one's faith is the reality of the situation...........of course the "religious" response would be, "Well God need them up in heaven" 

There's always an out B) Where the imaginary buddy is concerned 

@#1Stunner- you’re absolutely right. Interesting that we don’t see the following people pushing back on USSR2001’s disgusting remarks about 45 people getting crushed to death:

@happycamper, @renoskier, @tspoke, @SJSUMFA2013, @Maji, @IanforHeisman, @retrofade, @AztecSU, @NVGiant, @sactowndog, @NevadaFan, @Nevada6077, @818SUDSFan, @youngredbullfan, @Lester_in_reno, @Billings, @Akkula, @son of a gun

But we all know why that is. Yeah, teams and shit. Derby nominations are right around the corner. Lol

Getting tagged for a thread I hadn't even read yet is a little... yeah.

Anyway, as a practicing Catholic, yeah. I don't care for UNLV2001's attitude on this.

Still, I don't want to hear, about teams and shit from one of the board's biggest libertarian snob.

16 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Getting tagged for a thread I hadn't even read yet is a little... yeah.

Anyway, as a practicing Catholic, yeah. I don't care for UNLV2001's attitude on this.

Still, I don't want to hear, about teams and shit from one of the board's biggest libertarian snob.

Thank you and fair enough. 

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@#1Stunner- you’re absolutely right. Interesting that we don’t see the following people pushing back on USSR2001’s disgusting remarks about 45 people getting crushed to death:

@happycamper, @renoskier, @tspoke, @SJSUMFA2013, @Maji, @IanforHeisman, @retrofade, @AztecSU, @NVGiant, @sactowndog, @NevadaFan, @Nevada6077, @818SUDSFan, @youngredbullfan, @Lester_in_reno, @Billings, @Akkula, @son of a gun

But we all know why that is. Yeah, teams and shit. Derby nominations are right around the corner. Lol

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Sorry dude, I was sick as shit for days from the Moderna vaccine, and then been busy as hell getting caught back up. So I haven't exactly had the time to read and/or respond to every single comment in every single thread. JFC, do you really have to be this much of a dickwad? This isn't teams and shit, this is a libertarian acting like a self-righteous asshole to make it sound like everyone that doesn't agree with his politics are in the wrong. Jesus Christ, dude. Now I'm going to have to go figure out just where the +++++ this comment even is. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Sorry dude, I've been busy as hell lately and haven't had the time to respond to every single comment in every single thread. JFC, do you really have to be this big of a dick? This isn't teams and shit, this is a libertarian acting like a self-righteous asshole to make it sound like everyone that doesn't agree with his politics are in the wrong. Jesus Christ, dude. Now I'm going to have to go figure out just where the +++++ this comment even is. 

Lol - yes, I’m going to make it my duty to call this sort of thing out now. The teams and shit derby is right around the corner. Oh, and you don’t have to do an extensive search. It’s a few posts above.

Looks like it's in this thread. Nah, that's a pretty +++++ed up statement to make in the wake of a tragedy like this. I'm not a practicing member of any religious group and loathe organized religion, but to mock people who died while practicing their beliefs is pretty +++++ed, and I'd think he'd be better than that. 

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Blow it out your ass. I never even opened that thread, and would have had no idea what you were talking about had you not thought it a great idea to call me out here. Last time he started with his anti-religious garbage a couple weeks ago  I called him out.

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Lol - yes, I’m going to make it my duty to call this sort of thing out now. The teams and shit derby is right around the corner. Oh, and you don’t have to do an extensive search. It’s a few posts above.

Yeah, I realized that when I scrolled up to see what this thread even was. Weren't you the one giving people shit about "slut shaming" for not getting vaccinated? Or was that someone else. 

You're calling people out for not responding to something they hadn't even read. +++++ off with your self-righteous libertarian bullshit. Shit, this isn't even "teams and shit", this is about religion and an inept policing force. Are you now claiming that commenting on religion is "teams and shit" or is it that people not condemning someone else because of politics? You should know better by now that I, OF ALL +++++ING PEOPLE, don't have a single issue calling anyone out regardless of their politics. So again, +++++ off with that shit. 

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Blow it out your ass. I never even opened that thread, and would have had no idea what you were talking about had you not thought it a great idea to call me out here. Last time he started with his anti-religious garbage a couple weeks ago  I called him out.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yeah, I realized that when I scrolled up to see what this thread even was. Weren't you the one giving people shit about "slut shaming" for not getting vaccinated? Or was that someone else. 

You're calling people out for not responding to something they hadn't even read. +++++ off with your self-righteous libertarian bullshit. Shit, this isn't even "teams and shit", this is about religion and an inept policing force. Are you now claiming that commenting on religion is "teams and shit" or is it that people not condemning someone else because of politics? You should know better by now that I, OF ALL +++++ING PEOPLE, don't have a single issue calling anyone out regardless of their politics. So again, +++++ off with that shit. 

Just seems that whenever @Bobor @Nevada Convertposts something like this, the bat signal goes up. So from now until the derby, this will be my tactic for when your team posts something like the above:

@happycamper, @renoskier, @tspoke, @SJSUMFA2013, @Maji, @IanforHeisman, @retrofade, @AztecSU, @NVGiant, @sactowndog, @NevadaFan, @Nevada6077, @818SUDSFan, @youngredbullfan, @Lester_in_reno, @Billings, @Akkula, @son of a gun, @UNLV2001!!!!!

:D