Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Big 12 Conference has ZERO 1st Rounders. MWC has 0.

The nice thing for the MW is that they kept all their first-round talent in the conference for next season, so they'll be that much better next year relative to these other teams/conferences that had so many guys drafted in the first round.

19 minutes ago, Pelado said:

The nice thing for the MW is that they kept all their first-round talent in the conference for next season, so they'll be that much better next year relative to these other teams/conferences that had so many guys drafted in the first round.

Does the MWC have anyone this season that rates that high?

Alabama had 6 players drafted in the first round.  This is why a chuckle every time i see a "SEC is overrated" thread.  I think the draft also shows that giving every FBS conference an autobid wouldn't make sense if you are looking for the best team.  G5 should hope for an 8 team playoff with the best mid major given a shot.  You put a 7-5 MAC champ against Alabama and pretend it means anything is ridiculous.  But if you take a UCF or Boise team that is on a 15 game win streak for example, then it's a real playoff  game.  Plus with 8 teams minimum, assuming you take the P5 conference champs and 1 G5 team, you still have multiple at large bids left.  And it keeps the early regular season games as must win, versus shrugging off a loss because you could still make a 16 team field later on.  

8 hours ago, Pelado said:

I think more higher end prospects should have come out this year. This draft is considered weak due to the lack of players declaring. It’s going to be a logjam the next couple of years

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pelado said:

You can get one for the low low price of $51.17.

Don't do it @soupslam1.  The official rate through the board is $84.75.  @Pelado's black market avatars sound good because they're cheap, but they don't have the staying power of a @mugtang approved official avatar.

15 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Does the MWC have anyone this season that rates that high?

Not really IMO.  I'd expect a good draft year in '22.  Any first rounders?  There's probably a couple of guys with a shot to work their way into that spot, but we'll have to see if any get there.