Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecMD

CSU Student Section - WTF???

2 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Oh yeah I remember that Oregon game in 2006. Bulldog Stadium absolutely rocking that game. That game sold out that Monday leading to the game. That and 2008 Wisconsin at home was the loudest I’ve seen that stadium. Of course, 2001 Oregon State game probably takes the cake out of all. I love our stadium and the bowl style where the stands sits right on top of the field. Just needs some tunnels and easier access to seats, but I don’t mind the workout. 

Definitely. I was in Bulldog Stadium for Oregon and Wisconsin, but not for Oregon State. Wisconsin was a heartbreaker because we had a chance to win it 3 times, but the stage was too big for Kevin Goessling. He was a hell of a kicker and a good dude, but it just didn't work out that night. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Definitely. I was in Bulldog Stadium for Oregon and Wisconsin, but not for Oregon State. Wisconsin was a heartbreaker because we had a chance to win it 3 times, but the stage was too big for Kevin Goessling. He was a hell of a kicker and a good dude, but it just didn't work out that night. 

That’s the one game I went to bed with tears rolling down my eyes. The ultimate heartbreaker. So many chances to win. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

On 4/30/2021 at 9:30 AM, Wyovanian said:

I was at that game. Drinking nice frosty cold beer...

Same here. Put on some liquid blanket before the game and kept it up during the game. Downside of the pre-game was that I missed out on those awesome trapper hats that were being given out.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 4/29/2021 at 1:29 PM, AztecMD said:

As we are getting closer to completing the new Aztec stadium I am looking into other recently completed stadiums.  In looking at Canvas stadium why in Gods name did your AD put the students in the most prime seating in the stadium and give them soooo many seats?  (more than 10,000 in a 35k stadium).  Photos for any game for CSU other than the opener against Oregon State are pathetic and the location and amount of student section is one of the main culprits.  

Here is the attendance in the third quarter on September 18th with the Rams down one score.   What is going on?  You get a brand new stadium and can’t even get 15k to attend?   What a wasted opportunity.  

BB26CB23-6F6F-4822-B2DD-0BEB9EC54971.jpeg

I've never seen that many CSU fans at a home game in the new stadium to be honest. So good to see.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:21 AM, WYO1016 said:

Welcome to the Rockies late in the seaon. Coldest game I went to in recent memory was the Border War in Larmie on November 22, 2019.

image.png.f54c69caf9e121a86dec53e2a256fbe3.png

You didn't make the MWC Championship game in Laramie on December 3, 2016? The wind chills were negatives all game. 

23 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

You didn't make the MWC Championship game in Laramie on December 3, 2016? The wind chills were negatives all game. 

I was at both games. Temps felt about the same, but I was warmed by the results of the CSEwe game...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 4/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

CSU-Boise-State-crowd.jpg

Boise State vs. CSU in Boise's first trip to Canvas in 2019.

🍒 ¿Cherry Pick Much? 🍒 

¿How representative is a Friday-after-Thxgvn’g game on the 2nd snowiest November day ever in Ft Fun?

¿What does this tell us about Canvas attendance?

5411BF5F-625F-48C8-995F-CBEEAE9C3F9A.jpeg

70548489-526C-4C03-B118-60DFF233742B.jpeg

On 4/29/2021 at 6:25 PM, Nevada Convert said:

When is everyone going to understand that student season ticket holders are the wave of the future. It makes your total season ticket holder numbers look great, and the Big 12 really looks at numbers like that. 

Dress shorts, man. Is your sister still a hottie?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg