Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecMD

CSU Student Section - WTF???

As we are getting closer to completing the new Aztec stadium I am looking into other recently completed stadiums.  In looking at Canvas stadium why in Gods name did your AD put the students in the most prime seating in the stadium and give them soooo many seats?  (more than 10,000 in a 35k stadium).  Photos for any game for CSU other than the opener against Oregon State are pathetic and the location and amount of student section is one of the main culprits.  

Here is the attendance in the third quarter on September 18th with the Rams down one score.   What is going on?  You get a brand new stadium and can’t even get 15k to attend?   What a wasted opportunity.  

BB26CB23-6F6F-4822-B2DD-0BEB9EC54971.jpeg

38 minutes ago, AztecMD said:

SDSU appears to be doing it right.  Rail seating in the end zone with no place to sit (even if you wanted to) for 5k students.  CSUs AD should be fired for incompetence.  

88E63B7B-47A5-4BC3-B92D-9D6CEE6D1076.png

This looks to an outdated rendering. The current design  has all seats.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Lots of places give students prime seating. UF's student section was in prime 50 yard line position, for example. Cal has it's student section in a similar area too, IIRC.

BYU used to have some prime seating for students.  All the seats were assigned and were on a rolling basis, so one game you might have sideline seats below concourse and the next you could be in the endzone above concourse.  They've switched it up.  Now the south end of the east sideline and the east side of the south endzone is all dedicated for first-come, first-served student seating.

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

UF's still a rolling system like that. I ended up near the top of the stands on multiple occasions, but on others, I ended up in prime territory...once 2 rows behind the visiting bench at the FSU game that year.

Nice.  The only time I remember getting a really good sideline spot below concourse as a student was when I went a friend and I ignored the assigned seating and squeezed in with some other people from our apartment building.

Since everyone around here is curious about it, the current FCFS student section is marked as gray on this map as "ROC":

2021-football-season-ticket-map.png

1 hour ago, AztecMD said:

Here is the attendance in the third quarter on September 18th with the Rams down one score.   What is going on?  You get a brand new stadium and can’t even get 15k to attend?   What a wasted opportunity. 

CSU-Boise-State-crowd.jpg

Boise State vs. CSU in Boise's first trip to Canvas in 2019.

10 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Since everyone around here is curious about it, the current FCFS student section is marked as gray on this map as "ROC":

2021-football-season-ticket-map.png

Man, BYU tickets are affordable. $350 gets you 50-yard-line in Provo vs. upper deck endzone or corners in Boise.  I got the Blue Collar Pass (rotating seats every game) for $190 per ticket for all of Boise's home games. Probably going to be in the endzones for most of them.

2021_FB_Season_Ticket_Map_FINAL_01.jpg

Boise's also grey for students.  If I were AD, I'd give them the whole lower level 20-26 behind the team.  Need the highest energy where it matters most. 120-123 are still really good spots to watch a game for the Jeb Bush's (as long as the sun isn't super bright and in-your-face.)

3 hours ago, AztecMD said:

As we are getting closer to completing the new Aztec stadium I am looking into other recently completed stadiums.  In looking at Canvas stadium why in Gods name did your AD put the students in the most prime seating in the stadium and give them soooo many seats?  (more than 10,000 in a 35k stadium).  Photos for any game for CSU other than the opener against Oregon State are pathetic and the location and amount of student section is one of the main culprits.  

They made their student section too big apparently.  It did look great for the initial game, but noticed by the end of the season the shine had worn off.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Man, BYU tickets are affordable. $350 gets you 50-yard-line in Provo vs. upper deck endzone or corners in Boise.  I got the Blue Collar Pass (rotating seats every game) for $190 per ticket for all of Boise's home games. Probably going to be in the endzones for most of them.

2021_FB_Season_Ticket_Map_FINAL_01.jpg

Boise's also grey for students.  If I were AD, I'd give them the whole lower level 20-26 behind the team.  Need the highest energy where it matters most. 120-123 are still really good spots to watch a game for the Jeb Bush's (as long as the sun isn't super bright and in-your-face.)

BYU's tickets are very affordable (easier to do when there are 60k+ seats), but I think those $350 50-yard-line tickets are reserved for faculty.

4 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Lots of places give students prime seating. UF's student section was in prime 50 yard line position, for example. Cal has it's student section in a similar area too, IIRC.

Yeah but those monster sized stadiums have a lot of seats at the 50 to go around. 

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

When I was at SJSU back in the 80’s, the students all sat at midfield.  That’s when we used to fill up the east side with students. We had to buy tickets back then but they were only $2.50 or so.  We could buy them in blocks for our fraternities, sororities, clubs, etc...  So you’d buy up 100-150 seats for season tickets.  Then they let us paint our seat section benches however we wanted to mark our turf. Lol.  It was really cool and fun back then.

SJSU’s been moving the students section around now days with construction on the stadium.  I think they will end up in the end zones now.

Cal has their student section on the 50 yard line. They call the student section “The Bench”.  The students stand the entire game.

image.jpeg.be9188411d12dcf510dc9fc4409c567c.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

11 hours ago, AztecMD said:

That is cute.  You thought CSU students went to games.     Anyway Oregon State and a lot of school give their students/fans prime seating.  Pretty common actually.

9 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

CSU-Boise-State-crowd.jpg

Boise State vs. CSU in Boise's first trip to Canvas in 2019.

Looks damn cold!

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

27 minutes ago, Billings said:

That is cute.  You thought CSU students went to games.     Anyway Oregon State and a lot of school give their students/fans prime seating.  Pretty common actually.

The students are the ones paying to go to school, they should get decent seats IMO.  Most kids now pay activity fees and are admitted to games for free. Problem is they don’t always go to games anymore if they are free, especially if the team is bad.  

At Cal they still charge kids for the games. You make a financial commitment of $150-$200 a season and you’re probably gonna show up.  I think they include a meal ticket per game also if I remember correctly (my son went to school there). Feed the kids on a Saturday and they show up. Lol. 

At ASU the student sections are in the end zones, but they are fun and one endzone is always in the shade mid day (important in the desert).  

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

Fresno State had their student section on the 50 yard line right behind the visiting team's bench for many years. Then in the mid 2000's we had the infamous June Jones legendary screwdriver story and after that the school moved the student section to the south endzone. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

7 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

The students are the ones paying to go to school, they should get decent seats IMO.  Most kids now pay activity fees and are admitted to games for free. Problem is they don’t always go to games anymore if they are free, especially if the team is bad.  

At Cal they still charge kids for the games. You make a financial commitment of $150-$200 a season and you’re probably gonna show up.  I think they include a meal ticket per game also if I remember correctly (my son went to school there). Feed the kids on a Saturday and they show up. Lol. 

At ASU the student sections are in the end zones, but they are fun and one endzone is always in the shade mid day (important in the desert).  

Every school still charges students for the games. It’s buried inside of a fee that’s buried inside of another fee but it’s there. ASU has a massive student section as does CSU. 

The stadium that CSU built was supposed to increase the numbers of alum who attend games from the metro. Turns out it’s still a pain in the ass to drive from Denver. The shine has worn off quickly.